PDA

View Full Version : Just got the ninja crown.

Ownasaur
04-01-2010, 12:55 AM
I played two games of combat simulator. Both with auto-aim off, 8 peacsims, classic mines. I just tried to get quad kills with the mines. It didn't tell me after either game that I had gotten it, but when I looked at my awards it was there.

So maybe a quad kill with auto-aim off? I don't know. This is just what I remember doing and I got the crown. Maybe someone can test and see. I'm sure, like with other theories, it won't be replicated, but who knows.

C dot Wizzle
04-01-2010, 01:04 AM
I used auto-aim, and got all melee kills.

korethis
04-01-2010, 08:44 PM
confirmed. as soon as i got Quad kill, ninja unlocked.

TS Ghost
04-01-2010, 10:09 PM
I've gotten quad kill, and I don't have Ninja.

korethis
04-02-2010, 01:43 AM
also. quad kill was the only combat simulator award that i had left to earn.

ScribJellyDonut
04-02-2010, 06:01 AM
I read someone else say this so here's what I did. I put a game on with only knives, one kill, and a dead controller for player 2 - no sims. I picked up a knife, ran to the other player, and sliced him in the back. I don't think it unlocked immediately, and I did some missions but then later when I checked it after going to the dashboard and back, it was there.

If I had a good guess it's not a quad kill(I tried that too), I'd wager it might be to get the last kill of the match from behind in melee

Untitled Agent
04-02-2010, 06:42 AM
i think its just glitchy given how inconsistantly it keeps unlocking for everyone. some people seemed to get it for quad kills, some for melee kills, some for assassinations, and for me it wouldnt unlock at all til i turned auto aim off.

C dot Wizzle
04-02-2010, 07:15 AM
Guess it doesn't really matter how you get it, as long as it's possible. ;)

Karachi King
04-02-2010, 11:02 AM
I recall someone's theory that it was unlocked by attaining all of the post match awards (most deadly, least shielded, etc), which would certainly explain why people are getting it for doing such different things.

Personally, I just got mine after getting triple kill (and one of the common ones I'd gotten a million times, can't remember which).

AceMathias
04-02-2010, 11:19 PM
Got Ninja today.
First did a game with 1 other account and 8 peacesims, i hit kill, felicity, all weapons disabled, 10 mins unlimited kills, got 80. This did not unlock it.
Then did another game with 8 meatsims 1 hit kill all weapons disabled, but this time complex, 10 kill limit. Still not unlocked.
Then did same but with 1 remote mine and got quad kill and 10 kill limit.
This unlocked it. Just thought this may help people who haven't got it, but still not sure what the criteria is.

blurbia
04-03-2010, 04:50 AM
... and for me it wouldnt unlock at all til i turned auto aim off.

Same for me. Tried all the tricks. Then turned off auto-aim and got it in my 2nd match just punching people.

Xelyk
04-03-2010, 05:37 AM
Just got Ninja after getting my only missing post game reward so I think its safe to say its unlocked after getting all of em

Sly Toad
04-03-2010, 07:49 AM
Just got Ninja after getting my only missing post game reward so I think its safe to say its unlocked after getting all of em
I would have to agree. I needed the "least shielded" and I checked my crowns after I earned it, and there it was, "Ninja".

Now all I need is the Run and Gun crown and 200 is mine :)

Its Fooga
04-03-2010, 11:53 AM
How can you see what post game awards you're missing?

Finaldark
04-03-2010, 05:23 PM
I'd like to throw in I got the Ninja crown after getting the awards Who Needs Ammo? and Most Harmless after match.

I also think that Ninja is based after getting all possible awards. It would explain why some people didnt unlock it after Quad Kills.. yet if played normally, Quad Kills would be one of the last awards to be awarded.

Pavonis
04-03-2010, 08:50 PM
I'd like to throw in I got the Ninja crown after getting the awards "Who Needs Ammo?" and "Most Harmless" after a match.

I was trying to get ninja for an hour or two, checking awards after each match. I did games killing hundreds of peace sims through all the methods here and it did not work. I then proceeded to do a match online where I got wrecked by the opposition, so, I quit. When I quit I got the awards "Who Needs Ammo?" and "Most Harmless", then I proceeded to check my awards and there was ninja!

I believe this is the method and I agree this is also why people believe that this crown is random; you must get all awards in combat simulator and people get them at different times.

bblcreator8790
04-05-2010, 01:15 AM
Ownasaur, I just did the exact same thing you did on Felicity, and the crown unlocked after my first game. I too got quad kill, although I'm not sure if that was the last award I needed. Also it too did not tell me that I had unlocked it, I checked the leaderboards and it was there as well as on the awards page.

Ghost Illusions
04-05-2010, 06:20 AM
I got ninja, but I have no clue how/when I got it lol.

Wolfie99
04-05-2010, 01:44 PM
This one unlocked for me earlier after 2 attempts. I had all remote mines, me -vs- 8 meat sims on Temple for 10minutes. Including a 6man/bot kill, I didnt get Ninja...but all kills were mines. 168 of them :D

I then tried the same against Peace-Sims on Grid, and just stood up on the glass opposite the elevator. Again, a 10minute game, with ~120 kills, mostly from punching...including a "QUAD-PUNCHED-KILL" (unsure if that is vital) - which was actually 4 bots stood next to each other all punched in very quick succession.
Then I got Ninja...but it didn't list it in the post-game screen - I just checked my Awards and there it was.

Mike, Yeah?
04-05-2010, 11:16 PM
How can you see what post game awards you're missing?

I'd like to know this too.

AceMathias
04-05-2010, 11:22 PM
Don't think you can find out. Someone posted the full list if a diff thread, so search for it if you need to know them.

MPM
04-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Stolen from gamefaqs.com:

Most Shielded- You had a shield through most of the match

Least Shielded- You had barely or no armor through the match

Marksmanship Award- You were the most accurate player

Who Needs Ammo?- You carried little ammo through the round

Double Kill- You killed two people simultaneously

Triple Kill- You killed three people simultaneously

Quad Kill- You killed four people simultaneously

Most Dishonorable- You shot a lot of people from behind, and laid traps.
You
also shot unarmed people

Most Honorable- You were an honorable warrior, only fighting people face-to-
face, and fighting out to the death

Most Professional- Like a PerfectSim, you didn't mess around. You went for
the headshots, dealt a lot of damage, and were difficult to hit.

Most Deadly- You did the most damage, and killed the most people

Shortest Life- You died a lot, and when you were alive, you weren't alive
for
long

Longest Life- You didn't die much, and when you were alive, you were alive
for a long period of time

Most Ammo(?)- You carried a lot of ammo during the round

Ac-10 Award- You were very difficult to hit during the match

Most Harmless- You did very little damage, and was basically the worst
overall fighter

Most Cowardly- CAMPER! You stayed out of most firefights, picking of people
from a distance. Basically, you fought like a wuss.

AceMathias
04-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Sometimes the combat sim awards i get baffle me. One 2 player challenge last night i get kill-master and headshot stars, but then get the "most harmless" title????

Anyone got any info on what your accuracy needs to be in a round to get the accuracy (green) star, as this is the one i get least often and would like to get more.

SnapDragon
04-06-2010, 07:36 PM
I'm fairly sure it's for getting most of the Combat Simulator awards. I got it from a short game against another local player where I didn't even pick up a gun or harm anyone. (I definitely didn't get any melee kills!) I got the "Where's the ammo?" Combat Simulator award, which I suspect I hadn't gotten before, and the achievement popped.