PDA

View Full Version : Gun Customization - moving the gun

SpinelesS
04-01-2010, 05:04 AM
Why does this game keep making me feel like an idiot?

I just found out you can move the gun on the page. I always thought you could, but I assumed incorrectly that you could only move it when you didnt have an item selected (which is wrong, and why I couldnt move it in the first place :))

First you have to have an item selected (like a magazine clip)
Now the left stick will move the clip, the right will move the gun.

Elm
04-01-2010, 05:43 AM
wow i wish i knew this earlier

Macho M.
04-02-2010, 05:53 AM
Same was for the in the start too. Ingame manual sucks.

Don't forget that you can rotate parts with LB/RB after selecting them.

nanashi88
04-03-2010, 12:31 PM
I've always wondered if you could do that... damn. Thanks for sharing this information.

OcelotDan
04-04-2010, 06:14 PM
I feel dumb now too, I'm on Chapter 2 and had no idea you could. D:

McDonalds Kid
04-05-2010, 06:26 AM
Hah, i've nearly completed chapter 3 and didn't know this, although it's not been a problem yet (I don't have enough cust. components). But glad to know about it, as well as rotating parts with LB/RB.... :woop:

BugJDQ
04-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Thanks for sharing the information.

Oinkness
04-06-2010, 09:03 PM
I just finished Chapter 4 and didn't know you could do this. :uzi:

Need some stronger guns now though... there aren't any stronger guns, are there? Is there a different town where you can buy stronger parts?

The Pants Party
04-06-2010, 10:37 PM
Once you get to Cranktown on Level 7 there are much better things you can Tinker to add on your existing guns that will make them useful. There are only a few extra guns in the game, there is a link in the Encyclopedia with all their locations.

OcelotDan
04-07-2010, 12:26 AM
Once you get to Cranktown on Level 7 there are much better things you can Tinker to add on your existing guns that will make them useful. There are only a few extra guns in the game, there is a link in the Encyclopedia with all their locations.

Do you need to buy the guns in the Chapter they become available, or will they be up for grabs throughout the game?

The Pants Party
04-07-2010, 01:32 AM
None are missable.

OcelotDan
04-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Awesome, that makes things a lot easier.

Extra Saucy
07-20-2010, 01:27 PM
I feel like I'm missing something too. I'm in CH4 now; can I not equip anyone else other than Vash with TW? Like are First Aid/Escape Hex's reserved for Leanne only?

I feel like I'm totally grasping the combat system, but not the menus...lol. Do I just have to be patient for a few chapters and then I will be able to use everything with everyone?

Xanamaros
07-20-2010, 01:39 PM
I feel like I'm missing something too. I'm in CH4 now; can I not equip anyone else other than Vash with TW? Like are First Aid/Escape Hex's reserved for Leanne only?

I feel like I'm totally grasping the combat system, but not the menus...lol. Do I just have to be patient for a few chapters and then I will be able to use everything with everyone?
They're all equipped with something else: Vashyron has a grenade box, Zephyr has a magazine case and Leanne has a First Aid kit. You can equip and unequip them in the equip menu. So that way you can level other guys' TW too.

Extra Saucy
07-20-2010, 01:58 PM
Thanks! It's amazing the little things I can miss sometimes...

kennyubasterd00
07-21-2010, 06:25 PM
Trust me, when you get to a certain point you will learn to love the L-extender, It'll let you add a few extra barrels where you didn't think you could. ;)

Extra Saucy
07-30-2010, 03:24 PM
So I'm just starting CH6 and it still seems like I can't tinker anything yet. I am able to scrap the newly acquired MG Drum to get my first Rare Metal Shard and create a Long Scope, but other than that it seems like I can't make anything in Cranktown.

I see pictures of some heavily upgraded weapons around CH6, and I don't get where these components are coming from to do so. Should I be grinding for parts at this point in the game? I'm not struggling by any means, and as soon as I get some purple hexes I will start the blob/mg leveling madness. I just see a lot of emphasis on gun customization and it feels like I'm tinker-blocked???

LordDVS
07-30-2010, 04:20 PM
So I'm just starting CH6 and it still seems like I can't tinker anything yet. I am able to scrap the newly acquired MG Drum to get my first Rare Metal Shard and create a Long Scope, but other than that it seems like I can't make anything in Cranktown.

I see pictures of some heavily upgraded weapons around CH6, and I don't get where these components are coming from to do so. Should I be grinding for parts at this point in the game? I'm not struggling by any means, and as soon as I get some purple hexes I will start the blob/mg leveling madness. I just see a lot of emphasis on gun customization and it feels like I'm tinker-blocked???

Its all story progression. The further in the game you are, the more stuff becomes available. Ebel and Cranktown both get different inventories, you'll be going back and forth between them. Customization isn't all to important anyway by chapter 6. Wait until Chpt 7 when you can do the infinite money glitch (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=217811&highlight=chapter) so you'll have the funding to actually buy what you need. There won't be much available still, but by the time you get to chapter 16, there will be tons.

Most of what you see are images of "endgame" guns. You'll find that in this game, soon as you get a grasp on the concept, everything changes. Then when you refine your setup, everything changes. Then when you finally get a great gun set up.... yup, everything changes. Just focus on a balance between barrels and scopes: speed and acceleration.

Extra Saucy
07-30-2010, 07:36 PM
Right on, thanks for the reply. Guess I wasn't being patient enough! I definitely know what you mean about the difficulty keeping you on your toes. I mean, most JRPGS you can get by never even using a shop. I love the emphasis on cusotimization, I was just frustrated I that I can't do much of it yet =). These threads have a been a great help.

LordDVS
07-31-2010, 01:57 AM
That's what makes RoF such an awesome game. Had it a great (read: decent) storyline, it would prolly be one of, if not the best JRPG in a long time. It really does a great job of keeping you just an arms reach away from being a bad ass, whereas most other RPGs, you can become a supreme power about midway thru the game and spend the later half just coasting thru.

TBH, the gun customizing ended up being one of the best parts of the game for me, because like I pointed out, you are never holding the best gun possible. Soon as you get a plan on what to add on to it, and finally get the parts you need to complete it, there pops up a new part to replace what you've been using. And then you have to redesign the whole thing over again. Only Borderlands compared to this game for me, as far as the quest for better gear keeping me hooked and driving forward.

Devolon
07-31-2010, 11:31 AM
:whs is 100% true. On the other hand, I can't believe I played 130hours and never figured out you could move the gun... That's a huge tip you found here, mister. I really feel like an idiot lol.

pwn S4uc3
08-22-2010, 01:18 AM
Only got 13 hours in but never noticed this lol. thanks for the tip. Good looking out for fellow gamers!

Jenneke88
08-23-2010, 04:43 PM
I feel super stupid now. I 1k the game and never found out how to move a gun. I tried, but I couldn't figure it out. Words can't discribe the amount of stupidity I feel ATM. But thanks for the tip. If I ever go for a third playthrough I'll keep this in mind.

Dr Sandpants
10-13-2010, 11:23 PM
Holy cow, I didn't have a clue.

I know this is practically post-count boosting, but I genuinely want to thank you for this. I was getting so fed up with having one space at the end of the barrel!

quytrong99
10-27-2010, 05:36 AM
I'm on chapter 14 , i had a long rail scope , but why i can't customize it . Its name is green ...

Hobo of Justice
11-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Wow, I had no idea, thanks!