PDA

View Full Version : Netflix really kicked some ass today

Exhausted Dad
04-01-2010, 02:09 PM
I was kinda pissed because Netflix lost a couple shows my kids liked and Dr Who, a show I just recently fell in love with. But lo and behold this morning things were looking much better. Almost all the Fox lineup including Firefly, The X-Files, Bones, 24 (a show I never watched because I missed the 1st season) Arrested Development, Prison Break, Angel and Buffy. Thats a whole lot of good shows, I'll probably be caught up in the X-Files for awhile. No Simpsons though WTH:confused:.
Way to go Netflix.

Tussell
04-01-2010, 07:32 PM
The Simspons suck anyways.

I've been wanting to check out Arrested Development, so I'll definitely be checking that out! I heard it's hilarious.

BarbaricGoose
04-02-2010, 12:32 AM
Arrested Development. I heard it's hilarious.

Where'd you hear that?

The only logical source would be an insane person who spent three quarters of his life in a mental institute, and the rest of his life in the club for insane idiots with no sense of humor whatsoever.

Where'd you run into this guy, anyway? With his busy schedule of screaming at walls and attending club meetings, I wouldn't think he'd have time to mingle.

Slicefire
04-02-2010, 12:58 AM
You should check out some of the NBC shows like 30 rock and community they are really funny

Tussell
04-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Where'd you hear that?

The only logical source would be an insane person who spent three quarters of his life in a mental institute, and the rest of his life in the club for insane idiots with no sense of humor whatsoever.

Where'd you run into this guy, anyway? With his busy schedule of screaming at walls and attending club meetings, I wouldn't think he'd have time to mingle.
I didn't know it was that unfunny!

You should check out some of the NBC shows like 30 rock and community they are really funny
I enjoyed Community quite a bit. I saw the episode earlier this week or last week I think it was. It was great! Definitely better than The Office in my opinion.

InkedUp
04-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Did they happen to add the new season of CSI: Las Vegas? Last season they had it where it would update every week with the new episode, no such luck this year yet. I'm hoping they added it.

Tussell
04-02-2010, 07:51 PM
Did they happen to add the new season of CSI: Las Vegas? Last season they had it where it would update every week with the new episode, no such luck this year yet. I'm hoping they added it.
I was really hoping they would do that with the third season of The Big Bang Theory.

Melanopterus
04-02-2010, 08:40 PM
I love Arrested Development, I've seen them all at least two times... If not more. It'll be nice to actually have access to watch them whenever though (never bought them not sure why)

No family guy :(

exo-apollo
04-03-2010, 09:24 AM
Where'd you hear that?

Hah, probably the wrongest thing I have ever read on this forums. Arrested Development is brilliant, it's because of people like you who probably love unfunny, cliche shit like Two and Half Men that incredible tv shows like AD get cancelled. I know its 'your opinion' and all that, but that doesn't matter when good tv gets cancelled and crap continues. We with taste have to fight back.

SabreOscar
04-03-2010, 02:26 PM
My wife will be happy to hear about this. She loved Firefly and watches Bones religiously.

ThrawnOmega
04-03-2010, 02:31 PM
I just noticed Firefly was added too (the discs were in my disc queue then it appeared in instant). I can finally get my nerd cred on, 'because nerds who are nerdier than me say it's awesome.

Twisted Tony
04-03-2010, 03:06 PM
I'm actually thinking of ditching my cable service since I have so much to chose from with Netflix and the Zune Marketplace

The Pants Party
04-03-2010, 03:35 PM
To the guy who bashed Arrested Development: when exactly did your soul get eaten by the demons of the Netherworld? That is my favorite TV comedy, ever. If you don't enjoy running gags that involve actually remembering what happened the week before (or even the previous season!), smart writing with dozens of innuendos, puns and sight gags or just in general a good-natured, off-beat sitcom... then yeah, maybe it's not for you. Otherwise, you're human and have a good sense of humor, congratulations!

Firefly is one of my favorite (if not #1) sci-fi series as well. Both were axed well before their times.

Bones and X-Files are both brilliant as well. That is indeed a good line-up they have, though I use Blockbuster Online so I can't partake. :p

BarbaricGoose
04-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Arrested Development is brilliant, it's because of people like you who probably love unfunny, cliche shit like Two and Half Men that incredible tv shows like AD get cancelled. I know its 'your opinion' and all that, but that doesn't matter when good tv gets cancelled and crap continues. We with taste have to fight back.

Wasn't being serious. I've only seen one or two episodes, I chuckled once or twice. I certainly don't hate it as much as I implied. I think Tussell got the joke, or maybe he's just a lot more laid back than I thought.

Besides, it's the internet. You should be used to people bashing your favorite shows by now. Let's not forget you just totally bashed my favorite show of all time - Two And A Half Men. I'm also joking about that, as with Arrested Development, I've only seen one or two episodes, and - As with Arrested Development - I chucked once or twice. It's really not that terrible a show.

Oh, and when I bashed Arrested Development, I at least tried to be funny. Unlike you. By this point, however, I'm very much used to being called tasteless, so you are forgiven. Just once in this lifetime would I like to be praised for rapier wit. Ah well.

To the guy who bashed Arrested Development

Refer to my previous statement. :p

Oh, and I'm just throwin' this out there, but you guys should give Rescue Me a shot. Netflix has, I believe, the first five seasons available to watch instantly. Rescue Me is one of my favorite shows. So, feel free to verbally abuse me about that.

The Pants Party
04-03-2010, 09:08 PM
Yeah, you'll need to work on sharpening that wit. Your post has no indication whatsoever that it was in jest. It was literally dripping with disdain.

BarbaricGoose
04-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Yeah, you'll need to work on sharpening that wit. Your post has no indication whatsoever that it was in jest. It was literally dripping with disdain.

Should I have added a smiley face?

Exhausted Dad
04-04-2010, 01:44 PM
I had seen a random episode of AD but just sat down with my wife and watched the 1st 3 episodes and wee laughed our asses off. Its a great show, highly recommended.:woop:

The Pants Party
04-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Should I have added a smiley face?

Sadly that does help on the internet.

"That's because you're a moron."
"That's because you're a moron. :p"

Which one looks like a joke?

BarbaricGoose
04-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Sadly that does help on the internet.

"That's because you're a moron."
"That's because you're a moron. :p"

Which one looks like a joke?

So, one smiley face can turn a remark that is "Dripping with disdain" into a joke? I suppose I can see your point, even though I don't want to. I just figured my comment was so filled with hate that it would be interpreted as a joke. I suppose if you read something that you don't approve of, you tend to assume that it is not a joke.

Oh well. My bad.

The Pants Party
04-04-2010, 05:40 PM
Such is the ways of the interwebz.

DarthLordDerek
04-05-2010, 08:58 PM
When I saw 9 seasons of X-Files and Arrested Development I almost did a backflip, NetFlix definitely kicked some ass :Bounce:

Code of Conduct
04-05-2010, 09:17 PM

I've been wanting to check out Arrested Development, so I'll definitely be checking that out! I heard it's hilarious.

They've made how many seasons?

Whether you like it or not, it does not "suck". If Netflix had alot of the seasons of The Simpsons and through XBL i'd make an account so fast.

vI-Youneek-Iv
04-05-2010, 09:28 PM
Netflix is good and has anyone noticed the day of the new Spartacus: Blood and Sand that it's put up early before it's showtime.

Jemocasa
04-06-2010, 11:40 PM
Bob Loblaw best character name ever.

AYeti
04-06-2010, 11:51 PM
Don't forget Rescue Me, Heroes, Lost, Weeds, dexter AND AVATAR THE LAST AIRBENDER <3 <3 <3 =D. Watching season 5 vol. 2 of rescue me right now :]

Tussell
04-07-2010, 12:57 AM
They've made how many seasons?

Whether you like it or not, it does not "suck". If Netflix had alot of the seasons of The Simpsons and through XBL i'd make an account so fast.
And they've had how many Saw films? :p

The Pants Party
04-07-2010, 01:32 AM
I'm pretty sure his comment works for those as well. I enjoy them all as well.

And to an above poster: Bob Loblaw's Law Blog. SO GOOD.

Tussell
04-07-2010, 01:33 AM
I'm pretty sure his comment works for those as well. I enjoy them all as well.
Always nay-saying my nay-saying. :mad:

rvlution
04-07-2010, 02:04 AM

Arrested Development became one of my favs in like 2 episodes.

Guttermouth13
04-07-2010, 02:18 AM
yup, when i first signed up i was pretty unhappy with the things that were available to watch online, it seems to have gotten better lately.

sleepydumbdude
04-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Think they updated this for the release of the ipad since it has an app for it now.

Been making my wife watch Buffy with me. Made it to season 2 last night. I forgot how bad the acting is.