PDA

View Full Version : If you are looking for free achievements, don't bother.

JoshYo 16
04-01-2010, 02:12 PM
They mislead you. They say it's free and you have access to achievements for free. However, the real game downloads appear under "Atari", "Konami", and whatever the other one is. Not to mention they give you an achievement when you start it up so you can't delete the history.

linktriforce007
04-01-2010, 03:10 PM
They mislead you. They say it's free and you have access to achievements for free. However, the real game downloads appear under "Atari", "Konami", and whatever the other one is. Not to mention they give you an achievement when you start it up so you can't delete the history.

Lol. Don't mean to be a jerk, but we've known this for a while. People were complaining about this from day 1 of the release, that it messed up the percentage. But oh well. I plan on making it to 1000G anyway. =)

Skimask
04-01-2010, 03:19 PM
true many threads have already been made on this topic. But people have no reason to complain. if you are really that worried about completion % you should have been checking these forums from the begining.

Van Dayyyyum
04-01-2010, 04:33 PM
This is news!

Loopstahblue
04-01-2010, 05:09 PM
In other news the sky is blue and water is wet.

They made it pretty clear you would have to pay for games beforehand if you'd read anything about Game Room before downloading it.

D4RKXPOW3R
04-01-2010, 07:07 PM

You want free achievements, go download Dash of Destruction and Aegis Wing on XBLA. 1 vs 100 was also free, but that's over until next season (if there is another season). You do get about 70-100 achievements for free in Game Room, just not all 1000.

linktriforce007
04-01-2010, 08:11 PM
You want free achievements, go download Dash of Destruction and Aegis Wing on XBLA. 1 vs 100 was also free, but that's over until next season (if there is another season). You do get about 70-100 achievements for free in Game Room, just not all 1000.

I can't recall if DoD is still on the marketplace, but is Totemball?

KNIGHTOFSERA
04-01-2010, 09:34 PM
I dont know why everybody keeps thinking Game room is a free 1000 or that you dont get any achievements unless you buy something...usually one of those and then they cry because they cant get 1000 without paying

do some research if you know that youre going to cry if you dont have 1000/1000....why assume things when you can easily see the 10000 threads about the same thing on the first page

i dont get how they mislead you, i knew you were going to have to pay for games and I never even read up on game room that much....why assume things are free, if anything id assume youd have to pay....and they didnt necessarily lie if they said you had access to achievements...you can get 80 for free..they never said all 1000

why doesnt somebody just make the Damn, now almost mandatory, bitching thread and get it over with

Rebel Blue7
04-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Admittedly, it's a little vague considering the first two "free" game packs available on XBL. You really don't know what you might be getting into achievement-wise unless you look on these forums. Before I read anything on here, I thought I'd be able to play a few games and knock out some minuscule achievements. Or maybe I could play those games for at least a little while. The 10 minute trial is enough, I suppose, to decide if you want to burn MSP on something. It's really hard inside the game itself to realize just how much they want you to plunk down for the full 1000--it's probably going to be as pricey as any other retail game at release, and maybe more like the games that require specialized equipment like Rock Band.

You won't realize this until after that first 5G shows up unless you've done your homework. Hopefully, as long as people keep mentioning this, the completionists will more easily take note if they haven't already.

Of course, if you don't care about %, a few free GP never hurt....

veece16
04-01-2010, 10:39 PM
No one ever said The Game room had free achievements. People just assumed that since they got the first 100:gsicon: the entire game was just another free 1000. I've been laughing my ass off at the people who were bitching from their percentage being ruined. I never play something like this until I know its not a scam.

linktriforce007
04-01-2010, 11:07 PM
I can't say I was laughing my ass off, but I certainly didn't feel pity towards them. All I just saw were people who needed some place to complain.