PDA

View Full Version : New to game room...

SwiftShock
04-01-2010, 04:30 PM
With as informed as I like to be about all things video games, I kind of just let all the Game Room information slip through my fingers.

I guess what I'm looking for is like a crash course update:

If I play it without buying anything, are achievements still available?
If I do not pay for anything, ever, what am I entittled to?
Do all/some/any for the cabnets I purchase have seperate achievements?
MOST IMPORTANTLY: Is it worth the time?
I suck with achievements, I get pretty angry when I can't get all/most of them. I also hate having to shovle out alot of money to clean up some and get the DLC cheevs.

Thanks in advance.

linktriforce007
04-02-2010, 01:34 AM
In order.

- A few achievements are available from the start, for decorating your arcade, visiting others, and the like. These cost 0 GS.

- If you don't pay anything EVER, you're entitled to an empty arcade that looks pretty fancy.

- The arcade cabinets have achievements that combine together. They're based on medals, which are seperated (except for a few) into 3 categories. Time Spender, which is basically how much time you put into it, Survivalist: How long you can last before your game ends, and Point Buster which is the high score for that run. The medals combine together to get you achievements.

- It's worth the time, yes. In my opinion. I've bought all 30 games. You won't be getting 1K without buying anything though. This, like all 1000G games, is a game you have to pay for.