PDA

View Full Version : how I got "my blisters have blisters"

halfiepint
04-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Well apparently microsoft was wise to us, and didn't want to give us the achievement in "single play"-- we have to fork over 240 points.

But I didn't want to pay 240 points for armor battle, tennis, football, combat or any other 2 player games because they are stupid and boring.

On the other hand, the games get harder and harder as you progress, making it very difficult to stay in the game for an hour... UNLESS you do this:

Play Astrosmash. Yes, it gets harder and faster as you get a higher score. BUT, you lose points every time you don't shoot a rock.

Level 1 is very easy. Just avoid shooting the rocks and keep your score below 1000 points. Always shoot the white bombs, because if they hit the ground you die, and shoot the guided missiles because sometimes when they hit the ground, they fly horizontally and get you.

Of course if a rock is headed for you and you can't get out of the way, shoot it... and shoot the very slow moving rocks. Try to keep a clear path so you can move quickly if a bomb or missile comes.

Anyway that's how I got it, and it popped after exactly 1 hour, playing in ranked mode.

K1LLEGAL
04-01-2010, 11:51 PM
I just got it by playing Crystal Castles and standing in one of the castles. Of course I had to move every couple minutes or it would stop counting towards the one hour but yea was pretty simple.

VEN0M726
04-02-2010, 12:54 AM
You can only get this in ranked now? Not in Classic mode?

K1LLEGAL
04-02-2010, 01:00 AM
I *THINK* I got mine in classic. I can remember rewinding it a couple of times but I may be wrong.

D4RKXPOW3R
04-02-2010, 05:36 AM
It works in both modes. I got the blisters achievement in Battlantis Classic mode. Just kept rewinding time.

shadaik
04-02-2010, 08:48 AM
I def got mine in classic (Lunar lander) - would have been impossible in ranked because there you only have limited fuel.

EpicFAIL
04-02-2010, 12:31 PM
I got mine in Yar's Revenge in classic mode. It took about 3 hours to get the cheevo, using rubberband trick on the safety zone.

Arrrk
04-02-2010, 03:18 PM
I got this Achievement while playing Jungler. I played for about 45 mins for fun before I finally died, then realised it's probably good to get the Achievement, so I started over and generally just had my ship-thing wander about, rewinding if I died. The annoying thing, was that by not 'playing' I beat my high score. :(

Edward Hyena
04-02-2010, 03:24 PM
It works in both modes. I got the blisters achievement in Battlantis Classic mode. Just kept rewinding time.
I know Battlantis is a game where continuing is allowed. Can you do it if you keep pumping in "quarters" and keep continuing, or must it be done on one credit?

MACdanstaface
04-02-2010, 05:34 PM
You can only get this in ranked now? Not in Classic mode?

I know for sure I got mine in classic. Got it today...

1 hour on sha-lin, no game-clock problem whatsoever. Just don't pause the game (I did it yesterday and paused and had nothing after 1:30 on the game)