PDA

View Full Version : Warped Tour 2010 and Bamboozle.

AZNg0d104
04-02-2010, 03:51 PM
Who's going?! What bands are you going to see?! Mosher?! Crowd-surfer?! :D

Oh, and if anyone knows if this is the first time, VWT is doing pre-sale tickets, please tell me. Thank you. (Sorry, I haven't really had much time to attend all Warped Tours.)

AZNg0d104
04-03-2010, 01:08 AM
I guess not.

Bunbox360
04-03-2010, 01:53 AM
Oh I'll definitely be there. I started going to Warped in 2007 and this year is looking the best so far. I'm looking forward to Parkway Drive the most but I also wanna see Attack Attack, Of Mice and Men, In Fear and Faith, I See Stars, Suicide Silence, Four Year Strong, Fight Fair, and Sum 41 if I can. Gonna be nuts!

Tussell
04-03-2010, 02:00 AM
Alkaline Trio, Andrew W.K., Dropkick Murphys, Flatfoot 56, Reel Big Fish, and Sum 41? Not too bad! I should be going, but I'll also be going to Mayhem Fest.

SharksInYourMouth
04-03-2010, 02:01 AM
Oh I'll definitely be there. I started going to Warped in 2007 and this year is looking the best so far. I'm looking forward to Parkway Drive the most but I also wanna see Attack Attack, Of Mice and Men, In Fear and Faith, I See Stars, Suicide Silence, Four Year Strong, Fight Fair, and Sum 41 if I can. Gonna be nuts!

I am jealous, Attack Attack!, Of Mice & Men, Suicide Silence, and my favourite band Parkway Drive! I want to go to that now, too bad I can't :(

Ah I also see BMTH will be there! I'm looking at the line up and there's basically all the band's I want to see D:

AZNg0d104
04-03-2010, 02:26 AM
Alkaline Trio, Andrew W.K., Dropkick Murphys, Flatfoot 56, Reel Big Fish, and Sum 41? Not too bad! I should be going, but I'll also be going to Mayhem Fest.

When's Mayhem Festival? Could I get the details?

Which VWT and Bamboozle you guys will be attending?

Goats
04-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Not too interested in the Warped Tour lineup this year. Probably won't be going anyway.

Neverender
04-03-2010, 08:41 PM
I wish I could go to the Warped Tour. I like about 80% of the bands there, but there's no tour stop anywhere near me :(

Tussell
04-03-2010, 10:27 PM
When's Mayhem Festival? Could I get the details?

Which VWT and Bamboozle you guys will be attending?
http://mayhemfest.com/presale/index.html

AZNg0d104
04-03-2010, 10:43 PM
Is anyone going to the one in Virginia Beach? Or Maryland?

R Rated Love
04-08-2010, 05:21 AM
I've been going to Warped Tour for years. While the past few years have been absolutely terrible (at least for AZ, many bands seem to skip AZ/TX due to heat), this summer's is actually looking decent.

Bands I'll be looking out for:

Alkaline Trio
Andrew W.K.
Face To Face
Fake Problems
Left Alone
Polar Bear Club
Riverboat Gamblers
The Bouncing Souls
The Flatliners
The Reverend Peytons Big Damn Band
The Swellers

Bands I'd have been all over in the 7th grade, but suck now, yet will probably still watch from a distance (as to appear uninterested):

Motion City Soundtrack
Sum 41
The All-American Rejects

-----------------

I will say that there's a few staple bands that are unfortunately absent from the lineup this year (LTJ, NOFX, Bad Religion, AM!, etc), which is kind of a bummer, though if they added any more bands I like, I'd probably start having to play favorites, which is always shitty. Am probably already going to be making sacrifices as it is.

-----------------

And on the topic of Bamboozle - What the hell has happened to this festival? I mean seeing Piebald reunited is probably enough reason to go this year, but holy crap is it a turdfest overall.

Tussell
04-08-2010, 05:37 AM
Fake Problems
Amazing band. Absolutely amazing! I didn't know anyone else on the forums even knew who they were!

R Rated Love
04-08-2010, 05:41 AM
Yeah, seen them a handful of times. They cancelled their last AZ show after Casey's dad died, and haven't been back since, so I was really happy to see them on the list.

Tussell
04-08-2010, 05:50 AM
Yeah, seen them a handful of times. They cancelled their last AZ show after Casey's dad died, and haven't been back since, so I was really happy to see them on the list.
I have their entire discography (excluding splits) of EP's and studio albums. I must say How Far Our Bodies Go is the best album of theirs. Unfortunately, I have yet to see them perform live.

R Rated Love
04-08-2010, 06:02 AM
I have their entire discography (excluding splits) of EP's and studio albums. I must say How Far Our Bodies Go is the best album of theirs. Unfortunately, I have yet to see them perform live.

They're fun live. It's a different show every time, so it's always worth seeing them.

And yeah, How Far Our Bodies Go is a great album. They really changed their sound with It's Great To Be Alive, though I find it leaves a lot to be desired (if one has heard their earlier stuff). Me personally, it's also a toss-up between How Far Our Bodies Go and Spurs & Spokes. Spurs & Spokes was the first 7" of theirs I bought, and Motion Of The Ocean is probably my favorite song of theirs. As an album goes, though, How Far... is their best (best of two is still the best, I guess :p ).

Here's a crappy quality video I snagged when they did an acoustic in-store early last year in Tucson. That night was the tour with Murder By Death and Builders & The Butchers. Similar yet different, the three of them made for a hell of a tour.

YouTube- Fake Problems - Heart BPM (Live/Acoustic 2/17/09)

Edit - I don't remember the audio being THAT bad. Wow.

[/tangent]

TXChetG
04-08-2010, 11:23 PM
Who's going?! What bands are you going to see?! Mosher?! Crowd-surfer?!

Oh, and if anyone knows if this is the first time, VWT is doing pre-sale tickets, please tell me. Thank you. (Sorry, I haven't really had much time to attend all Warped Tours.)

I've been to VWT for the last 7 years, and this is the first year that I have absolutely no interest in seeing anyone on the line up. It's a little depressing, and I don't think I want to drive the 3 hours to my nearest show.

Also, they've done presale tickets for the last two years, I think. Definitely did them last year!

I wish I could go to the Warped Tour. I like about 80% of the bands there, but there's no tour stop anywhere near me :(

You could go to the KCK show? That's not that far from the bottom of Missouri. I made the drive from Eureka Springs, AK through Missouri to KCK in no real time.

HacksawDoomx187
04-09-2010, 04:17 AM
I'm going. They have a pretty decent variety this year so I'll be there.

oXjemms623Xo
04-10-2010, 12:36 AM
i would effing kill to go to eitther show. for me its not about whos there its the vibe of the shows and each show seems to give off a good vibe. i would also love to go to mayhem again.

AZNg0d104
04-10-2010, 12:52 AM
I've been to VWT for the last 7 years, and this is the first year that I have absolutely no interest in seeing anyone on the line up. It's a little depressing, and I don't think I want to drive the 3 hours to my nearest show.

Also, they've done presale tickets for the last two years, I think. Definitely did them last year!

So there's a possible chance of having pre-sale tickets next year as well?! :D

R Rated Love
04-12-2010, 05:14 AM
They do it every year, it's a Ticketmaster thing.

I myself buy them day of. It's cheaper, and there are very few dates that ever sell out. (And even at that, they never sell out in advance. If you get there at a reasonable time, you're safe.)

Neverender
04-12-2010, 11:44 PM
You could go to the KCK show? That's not that far from the bottom of Missouri. I made the drive from Eureka Springs, AK through Missouri to KCK in no real time.

Because since I'm under 18, I can't drive between midnight and 5 a.m., and I'm sure I'd still be on my way back at midnight (it's about a three-hour drive from where I live).

Although I'd love for the Warped Tour to make a smaller tour (maybe with some of the less-known bands?) and travel to smaller cities. That would be great, espacially since most of the bands I like on the tour are the smaller ones :D

milecoupe
04-18-2010, 11:24 PM
I myself buy them day of. It's cheaper, and there are very few dates that ever sell out. (And even at that, they never sell out in advance. If you get there at a reasonable time, you're safe.)

How is it cheaper? Its like 25$ for pre sale and it comes with a cd,shirt and more stuff and along with the ticket you get backstage passes etc as reg tickets are like 40-50.

As far as the bands go this year i think this is the worst year yet but thats a good thing as when theres too many bands playing you like you end up missing quite afew and the last 2 years i've had to miss favs cuz they played at the same time as my other favs so it sucked bad.

For me this year my lists the shortest its been since is started going like 5 or 6 years ago.Andrew W.k,Attack Attack,eyes set to kill,in fear n faith,Parkway Drive,pierce the veil,suicide silence,all american rejects,versa emerge but the one that kills me is haste the days not playing my date.For shows i think i'm going to toronto,montreal and buffalo dates and if i have any extra money gonna try to do 2 or 3 cali stops.