PDA

View Full Version : New Futurama Premiering In June!

BarbaricGoose
04-03-2010, 05:55 AM
http://madeiracityschools.com/project2/michels_p2/website%20pics/bender.jpg
Yup. We're back.

Last year, news broke that Comedy Central had ordered up new episodes of Futurama (http://ccinsider.comedycentral.com/2009/06/10/futurama-returning-with-new-episodes-to-comedy-central/) to air in 2010 (with all of the original voice actors (http://ccinsider.comedycentral.com/2009/08/03/good-news-everybody-futurama-returning-with-original-cast/)). Well, guys, it is totally 2010, the year we make contact and the year we get to watch new Futurama episodes. And now it's been announced that the first 12 episodes will begin airing in June with more to follow. That's like three months from now. Get excited, nerds!

Source (http://ccinsider.comedycentral.com/2010/03/04/new-episodes-of-futurama-to-premiere-in-june/)/Comedy Central Commercial (http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/futurama/index.jhtml).

They''ll be appearing on your television on the 24th of June. I hope you're excited.

If you've never seen Futurama before, it's a series that was canceled, I believe, seven years ago. It's done by Matt Groening, and IMO it's much, much better than the Simpsons. It's a great show, and I highly recommend checking it out. I'm sure most of you already know about it, but if you're in the minority of people who don't, just watch it - It's great.

k2345
04-03-2010, 03:28 PM
yay its back 2 days before my 21st what an awsome present

Volzagia
04-03-2010, 03:42 PM
Makes me wonder why they stopped making it to begin with.

The Pants Party
04-03-2010, 04:54 PM
^Same reason Family Guy got axed and returned. Low initial ratings but it was followed loyally by a large group and supported through reruns and DVD sales.

Definitely setting my Tivo up to grab these. I watch the reruns practically every night. :)

Svenndarkheart
04-03-2010, 05:10 PM
About time they come back after making some what lame movies

BarbaricGoose
04-03-2010, 08:57 PM
Makes me wonder why they stopped making it to begin with.

I blame Zoidberg.

b3nnyth3gr33k
04-03-2010, 09:13 PM
I blame Zoidberg.

:whslol
And on topic Get in love Futurama missed it loads gonna buy the series when its out on DVD loving this news get on!

Code of Conduct
04-03-2010, 09:32 PM
Awesome, can't wait.

Anybody know if the old seasons are available on Netflix? And if they are are they available via XBL?

HarperBird
04-04-2010, 12:52 AM
Agree with you that it is much better then the simpsons!! Cannot wait till June... have watched Futurama over and over again and never got bored of it!!

TDOG9117
04-05-2010, 04:39 AM
wish it stayed on adult swim

Massa Siggy
04-05-2010, 04:44 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/jgmaynard/mr_burns.bmp
Excellent...

Goats
04-05-2010, 04:55 AM
Futurama is one of my favourite shows. Never even really like The Simpsons, but Futurama was always so interesting to watch even when it wasn't funny. Like Star Trek. (even though it was never good; you still like to watch it) ;)

(not saying Futurama isn't good or funny)

DOOKH8R
04-05-2010, 04:59 AM
Nothing that has ever aired on TV nor anything that will ultimately appear on TV will ever surpass the awesomeness that is The Simpson. Simply put, perfection personified.

However, Futurama is an awesome show and I look forward to more episodes or even direct to DVD movies.

litepink
04-05-2010, 05:23 AM
No one will agree with this but I feel the hierarchy would go: Cleveland Show>Family Guy>King of the Hill>American Dad>Simpsons>Futurama. I know it is comedy central picking it up, just saying. Never really was thrilled with the show nor did I understand the continuing fan base.

It has been cancelled for so long though, so that goes to show the faithful fan base. FOX should replace "Til Death" instead of having Comedy Central take it.

dakisbac
04-05-2010, 05:52 AM
No one will agree with this but I feel the hierarchy would go: Cleveland Show>Family Guy>King of the Hill>American Dad>Simpsons>Futurama. I know it is comedy central picking it up, just saying. Never really was thrilled with the show nor did I understand the continuing fan base.

It has been cancelled for so long though, so that goes to show the faithful fan base. FOX should replace "Til Death" instead of having Comedy Central take it .

You're right that no one will agree with you- your top four shows are all garbage (although there are a few good Family Guy episodes) :p

I'm on the fence about these new episodes. As someone else said, the last season (the four movies) were pretty terrible so expectations aren't high here.

BarbaricGoose
04-05-2010, 05:56 AM
You're right that no one will agree with you- your top four shows are all garbage (although there are a few good Family Guy episodes) :p

I do not agree with you. King of the Hell is an excellent series, as is American Dad. I feel Family Guy has been getting progressively worse, though, and I've never seen the Cleveland Show.

I'm on the fence about these new episodes. As someone else said, the last season (the four movies) were pretty terrible so expectations aren't high here.

When have direct-to-dvd movies ever been that good? Never. Naturally, this excludes the king of direct-to-dvd movies, Steven Seagal. Everything he does is gold.

Axeslinger666
04-08-2010, 02:16 AM
Awesome, very excited for this!

Tussell
04-08-2010, 02:40 AM
Now here's some good news!

Futurama > South Park
Futurama > Family Guy
Futurama > The Simpsons
Futurama > Aqua Teen Hunger Force

x DRabNORMal x
04-11-2010, 06:24 PM
This is great news. I love that show and can't wait for it to come back on the air. I think it never got the recognition it deserved.

Masster7897
04-12-2010, 01:59 AM
Freaking sweet. Cant wait for Marcus to do the voice of Bender again.

DOOKH8R
04-12-2010, 02:10 AM
I hope Robot Devil and Kwanza Bot are in some episodes. Especially if they get the original voice actors, Dan Castellaneta and Coolio.

Hell is Other Robots is best episode ever.http://www.hulu.com/stand_alone/71b17d683c8575fec80a32d6837ba7e6?lcname=SitePlayer _lcname_mc_46562_939&continuous_play_mode=4&continuous_play_sort=original_premiere_date-asc#33

and here's Kwanza Bot
http://www.hulu.com/stand_alone/aaf2731aa0d58205141031cb33227dfc?lcname=SitePlayer _lcname_mc_14007_485&continuous_play_mode=4&continuous_play_sort=original_premiere_date-asc#4

Sorry they're Hulu. Youtube ones all got yanked or audio only

Massa Siggy
04-12-2010, 02:12 AM
I hope Robot Devil and Kwanza Bot are in some episodes. Especially if they get the original voice actors, Dan Castellaneta and Coolio.

Hell is Other Robots is best episode ever.
http://www.hulu.com/stand_alone/71b17d683c8575fec80a32d6837ba7e6?lcname=SitePlayer _lcname_mc_46562_939&continuous_play_mode=4&continuous_play_sort=original_premiere_date-asc#33

I forgot how much I love that episode.

movesilent
04-12-2010, 04:44 AM
im excited this show is coming back but i heard that some of the voices will be done by other people.

Massa Siggy
04-12-2010, 04:46 AM
im excited this show is coming back but i heard that some of the voices will be done by other people.

I hope it's no one major. That would take a lot away from it :(

DOOKH8R
04-12-2010, 04:51 AM

I heard that Katey Sagal might not be, but Billy West and John Dimaggio were definitely in.

Massa Siggy
04-12-2010, 04:53 AM
Well at least some of my hope is preserved. Haha

laundryman
04-12-2010, 10:29 PM
I was just wondering this the other day. Great news!

Vonzipper
04-12-2010, 10:33 PM

I remember hearing this aswell. Wouldn't be the same if all the characters sounded different.

I couldn't help but think of this when I heard that some of the voices might change:

YouTube- Wrong sounding muppets

The Pants Party
04-12-2010, 10:51 PM
As quoted in the original post (in bold, no less...) all the original voice actors are returning. There were rumors that the season would be going forward without some of them, but the creators waited and got everyone signed back on before finalizing everything.

iBlessing 09
04-12-2010, 10:56 PM
As quoted in the original post (in bold, no less...) all the original voice actors are returning. There were rumors that the season would be going forward without some of them, but the creators waited and got everyone signed back on before finalizing everything.
I didn't know they're all coming back, that's another bit of good news today :)

DOOKH8R
04-13-2010, 01:17 AM
I remember hearing this aswell. Wouldn't be the same if all the characters sounded different.

I couldn't help but think of this when I heard that some of the voices might change:

YouTube- Wrong sounding muppets (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sHSygCg9mY)

Yes! Somebody found a way to work in Family Guy into Futurama thread.

Hierarchy is correctly relayed as:

Simpsons > Family Guy > Boondocks > Futurama > South Park > American Dad = King of the Hill > any other modern cartoon.

And I am not criticizing in ranking them as I love all of them.

Purge
04-13-2010, 10:55 AM
Futurama > Family Guy > The Simpsons > South Park

Leela and Fry as a couple will be ... different. I always loved his attempts at getting her. :(

GreaseMonkeyGB
04-13-2010, 11:46 AM
Great news, Bender was always my favourite :woop:with the original voice actors too is reassuring.

THF_Reborn
04-13-2010, 12:21 PM
Wonderful to see Futurama coming back.

My list is a bit different.
Family guy>South Park>Futurama>Simpsons. Arranged by LoL Levels

KwH x Fatality
04-13-2010, 09:05 PM
Omg yay! I love this show, it so awesome!
Hopefully after this series it will get renewed for another, who knows.

briguy100
04-13-2010, 11:18 PM
Agree! haha it makes me happy its back but i want to knwo what their gonna do when it comes to ZAP since his voice actor is dead

GreaseMonkeyGB
04-15-2010, 03:40 PM
All glory to the hypno toad!
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_IA5nokOFh84/SZPL4R679pI/AAAAAAAAC6s/mpksGkyWaVM/large%20Hypnotoad_animated.gif

I hope hes in it :p

Schryke
04-15-2010, 04:32 PM
I'm glad to hear that, I actually liked the movies they did but not nearly as much as I liked the initial series.

KIDDRAGON67
04-15-2010, 05:16 PM
"Space, it seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrells at you. And that's how you play the game" Fry

"You stink, loser" Little kid

"Fry, pizza going out. Cumon!" Mr Pinuchi

"Michelle baby" Fry

"It's not working out Fry, i left your stuff out on the sidewalk" Michelle

"I hate my life i hate my life i hate my life" Fry

"Hello, pizza delivery here for i c weiner, crud by this point in my life i thought i'd be the one making the crank calls" Fry

"Heres to another lousy millenium" Fry

Happy New Year! "Random people"

Some how i remember that...Lol. I miss Futurama wonder what the Omicronions will do this season?

ApochWeiss
04-15-2010, 09:50 PM
I smiled and did a happy dance, and the fiancee just rolled her eyes. I knew for a long while they got picked up again and the original cast was returning, but I had heard nothing recently. I knew they said THREE movies, then after the third there would be the new episodes. There was a fourth (right? not losing am I?) and I was thrown a bit. The movies (except the first) were HYSTERICAL and I'm very excited that the new episodes will be upon of soon.

BarbaricGoose
04-16-2010, 09:33 AM
Agree! haha it makes me happy its back but i want to knwo what their gonna do when it comes to ZAP since his voice actor is dead

Billy West ain't dead, man.

All the velour and sexlexia will be returning in full. :)

NightUlf
04-16-2010, 09:51 AM
Hurray! Finally we will get to see more Futurama.
I much preferred this over The Simpsons.

NMFlynt
05-19-2010, 04:09 PM
Fantastic! I was getting kinda bored watching all of the old episodes again and again.

TwoGlassEyes88
05-19-2010, 04:37 PM
Fry: Ooh. "Big Pink." It's the only gum with the breath-freshening power of ham.
Bender: And it pinkens your teeth as you chew.

Any show with ham flavored gum is good in my book ;) I have all four seasons, and I can't wait for this one! And by the way, Family Guy sucks. South Park, Futurama, Simpsons, Frisky Dingo, and Flapjack. The only shows I need.

KFZ Scrubs
05-20-2010, 03:06 AM
FINALLY!!
Ever since i saw that on ign last year i was like when will they be back!??!?!
I freaking love that it's coming back.

Chemical Wings
06-01-2010, 09:42 PM
I am such a huge nerd when it comes to this show. I almost couldn't believe it was coming back, but I cannot wait. It's so so close!

*happy dance*

Jiga.Puzzle.5
06-01-2010, 10:38 PM
I love how they can't keep that show down it got canceled came back,had a series finals,made great movies,COMES BACK AGAIN.

Ha I friggin' love this show, so pumped it's back.

Pyrochaos
06-02-2010, 03:37 PM
The only reason Family Guy should have been brought up in this thread would be to talk about what Futurama wipes it's ass with.

Juzt Skillz
06-03-2010, 02:21 AM
When I read this I was so excited. I remember watching the episodes over and over not caring whether it was old. Glad to hear its back CHEERS!

PointPlaceWI
06-03-2010, 08:18 PM
I've never watched Futurama in a chronological order so I can never remember what's going on. Thankfully most of these new age comedy cartoons don't have much of a continuation of story lines so they're not hard to follow.

Cyburn360
06-03-2010, 09:40 PM
good to hear, I wonder if Futurama will be like Family Guy in which everyone complains about the new episodes and thinks the old episodes were gems.

PointPlaceWI
06-03-2010, 11:40 PM
good to hear, I wonder if Futurama will be like Family Guy in which everyone complains about the new episodes and thinks the old episodes were gems.

Almost everyone I know has enjoyed the new episodes of Family Guy. Well, except for that stupid hour long Stewie and Brian stuck in a bank one. Half the episode was just musical reruns anyhow.

Fullmetalx07
06-05-2010, 06:42 AM
Awesome, I can't wait

TVthePunisher
06-05-2010, 06:40 PM
My wife and I watch it just about every night...in fact we watched Bender's Big Score the other night (I love how it picks fun at Fox for cancelling them....all of the stuff they pull off in the show against them getting cancelled is quite good).

Sad thing was ;>_> that was only for a movie (that like got split into 4 parts, much like Family Guy's "Untold story of Stewie Griffin" or whatever it was called) and they were technically still cancelled...but in movie format now. Finally they're returning with actual episodes and I expect the hour long return episode to feature much of the "We've been cancelled and we're back!" jokes =D

rickyfeeney
06-10-2010, 10:52 AM
was talking about this the other day actually. futurama is amazing. hoping these episodes wont let the earlier ones down.
my best shows are this.
American Dad>South Park>Family Guy (Although its getting worse)>Futurama>King Of The Hill>Simpsons.

MattTBK
06-14-2010, 03:15 AM
This is easily the greatest thing that has ever happened, I've watched every futurama episode like 20 times haha, and I've listened to every audio commentary.

Shintalla
06-16-2010, 09:14 PM
Futurama is one of my favorite shows ever. Will be good to see some fresh eps. "Roswell that ends well" is my favorite episode.

KFZ Scrubs
06-16-2010, 09:20 PM
Pretty excited, the show is going to be premiering next week... it's going to be awesome!
Haven't seen a new episode since the werecar episode with bender.

BlackZero30X
06-17-2010, 12:46 AM
im hoping this does better then family guys return....grant it i still really enjoy the show but i enjoy American dad more.

so here's for hoping!

tweak4ever
06-18-2010, 05:56 AM
Cant waitttt!!!!

aheadofme
06-22-2010, 04:12 PM
Two more days! No animated show has made me laugh more than this. Family Guy's more and more obscure pop-culture references have gotten old for me. Futurama rules and always will rule.

tweak4ever
06-22-2010, 06:41 PM
Two more days! No animated show has made me laugh more than this. Family Guy's more and more obscure pop-culture references have gotten old for me. Futurama rules and always will rule.

wooot, cant wait

FlyBoy120586
06-23-2010, 11:03 PM
I've seen the first two episodes of the new season, and honestly they're not as good as the original run but they are still pretty funny.

I think it's going to take a few episodes to get back into the groove that it had seven years ago but so far it looks promising.

AkiraHaz3n
06-27-2010, 09:16 PM
episodes were awesome

BlamelessSoul
06-27-2010, 10:03 PM
so glad this show is back, i liked the garden of eden episode alot more thatn the first episode though.

Neuman8tor
06-27-2010, 10:11 PM
I hope they are as good as earlier ones. I expect they will be.

KwH x Fatality
06-28-2010, 12:14 AM
so glad this show is back, i liked the garden of eden episode alot more thatn the first episode though.

I agree too, the first episode wasn't brilliant but i suppose it was re introducing the character.

I am so happy this is back it is one of my favourite shows, can't wait for more.

Cyburn360
07-02-2010, 08:38 PM
watched the third episode - hilarious

Good to see MOM back again.

MeanMachine00
07-06-2010, 08:09 PM
:eek: Oh Rats, As a UK, I'm Missing Out On This, Big Time! =/

BAMF Sangwich
07-30-2010, 03:44 AM
Ehh shows kinda mediocre at best

ITD Soldierboy
07-30-2010, 10:02 PM

It has been cancelled for so long though, so that goes to show the faithful fan base. FOX should replace "Til Death" instead of having Comedy Central take it.

Actually, I would really like your hierarchy...but only if it was flipped around.

Durdens Wrath
08-02-2010, 03:16 AM
The last one with the time travelling forward machine was quite funny.