PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil: Afterlife

DeekBoy
04-04-2010, 09:19 AM
YouTube- Resident Evil Afterlife - Trailer HD

wow this trailer looks horrible. apart from the random Las Plagas and the big executioner from the fifth game this looks lame. they have only gotten worse it seems and that much farther away from the actual games.

RuYi
04-04-2010, 11:57 AM
The films will be nowhere near as good as the games, but I liked the RE5 stuff in this. It seems entertaining enough for me to want to see it. OvO

Iconoclast
04-04-2010, 06:45 PM
RE: Extinction was garbage. I don't like that the movies haven't really followed the sequence in the games, but I can at least watch the first two films and enjoy them (more or less). I have a bad feeling about this after Extinction...ugh.

A Satyr
04-04-2010, 06:54 PM
You know this is under entertainment since yesterday right?...

Schism
04-04-2010, 07:10 PM
yeahhhh movie looks horrible...i will probably be forced to watch it sadly. why they went in this direction with the story amazes me...the next silent hill movie is probably going to disappoint as well. T_____T half way through part 2 was about the moment i realized the movies are going to shit...first one was good...second was...weird....third and fourth should not have been made...only good thing from the trailer was A Perfect Circle...thats aboooot it.

Genesis x360a
04-04-2010, 07:15 PM
I love the Resident Evil films! Although number 2 was abit of a let down. Cant wait for this film and its in 3D aswell :)

StolenPaper18
04-04-2010, 07:21 PM
At least they have managed to keep the same Actors/Actresses.

I wish people would stop drilling the movies for not following the games. They are still at least decent films.

I'll be seeing this. Not opening weekend but maybe a week or two after its out :p

dzstarr6668
04-05-2010, 04:24 AM
i am not going to lie. i enjoy these movies, i just let go of the little things that should be done better, for the zombies.

i enjoy watching these movies for 2 reasons:
1. the zombies (either it being them eating the survivors/or the unbelievable way Alice kills them)
2. there is plenty of blood, brains, and guns to keep a girl happy

SynysterChris
04-05-2010, 09:59 AM
OMFG... Mila Jovichic or whatever her name is she is so dead and so are the people who made these atrocities they call REsident Evil movies. I fucking hate these movies. they are shit as even just movies. Why can't someone just make a video-game movie like the game its not that hard. Why do we go see them in the first place, because we like the game and want to see a movie version of it. FUCK end rant..

EDIT: Ali Larter is Hot.

EnglishRob
04-05-2010, 12:29 PM
i think it going to be a great movie....

SynysterChris
04-06-2010, 09:58 AM
i think it going to be a great movie....

I hope your joking.

The trailer is so bad they just rip off random shit from the games and expect you to just say hey look there is the throwing glasses scene from RE5, but a really crappy version of it. And lets just throw in some other random stuff from the games. I mean like the only good thing from any of the movies was nemesis they actually did a good job on him. And Jill because that lady was looking really good in that Jill costume.

And so I guess they revamped wesker in this movie as well because he was in the last one as a fat blonde guy with a horrible accent who looked nothing like wesker.

There are just to much wrong with these movies. Its just hollywood trash they make to get money and put no effort into them. I mean seriously the world is infested by zombies now what is the point.

I could go on but hey you get the point I hate these F'ing movies.

French_Kid
04-09-2010, 01:20 AM
i enjoyed the movies...and more then likely will be seeing this in theathers. ive seen almost all the others lol

on a side note, can anyone name the a perfect circle song playnig in the background? i quite enjoyed it

oRedBull
04-09-2010, 01:53 AM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:cW1xswtK0u7YeM:http://slurmed.com/fanart/dexus5/005_professor.png

Good news SynysterChris, this film is supposed to start off a new trilogy of Resident Evil films.

Iconoclast
04-09-2010, 03:22 AM
EDIT: Ali Larter is Hot.

Not nearly as hawt as the chick that plays Jill Valentine...and she has my name, which makes her even more awesome ;)

SynysterChris
04-09-2010, 03:39 AM
Not nearly as hawt as the chick that plays Jill Valentine...and she has my name, which makes her even more awesome ;)

True, but she's not in this movie for some odd reason. And the last one for that matter.

SynysterChris
04-09-2010, 03:43 AM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:cW1xswtK0u7YeM:http://slurmed.com/fanart/dexus5/005_professor.png

Good news SynysterChris, this film is supposed to start off a new trilogy of Resident Evil films.

http://www.lovehkfilm.com/blog/roninonempty/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/no-darth_vader.jpg
NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo!!!

Alice in Wonderland
04-09-2010, 03:50 AM
I enjoyed the movies, they are not very similar to the games but I think they are not bad at all ! And I dont find this trailer boring or lame, I can't wait until it comes out now =)

ThaFireman
04-09-2010, 04:20 AM
Loved the first one, hated the second and haven't even watched the third. I'll pass.

SynysterChris
04-12-2010, 07:22 AM
Loved the first one, hated the second and haven't even watched the third. I'll pass.

Ok I don't get how you hated the second that was the best of the 3 so far. At least it was somewhat funny, and it had Jill who was really hot.

ApochWeiss
04-12-2010, 07:27 AM
I might just go because they are including the Plaga. Makes me think MAYBE there's hope for this series since Extinction blew so bad and Degeneration came out because Capcom wasn't even happy with the films. I mean, if that's not a "your product fucking sucks" sign, then I dunno what is.

Then again I didn't care for RE5 that much either, but I heard the story was good. Gotta grab that again.

Either way, I don't think we'll ever see a Resident Evil that is anywhere remotely close to the games as the first one was. It's disappointing since this series had such immense potential! Leave it to Anderson to fuck up another nerd-oriented film.

DevilMaster18
04-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Hope this is as good as number 1, even though nothing in the film happens in the games. It turned terrible when the main woman killed a security guard through the CCTV with her eyes... When did Resident Evil has a character with eye-to-destroy power? And where did the fecking woman come from?!?!

Please more Chris Redfield or Leon... No stupid indestructible mind powered woman...

Or just please remake the first game... Good times - even with the awful dialogues and pixelated graphics, it was great!

I must admit i do enjoy watching these films as it's thoroughly entertaining despite being poorly written also if this film can turn out as good as number 1 then i'm happy. Number 1 was unrelated to RE but it has the intensity and thrill that any horror film should have.

PS. The giant monster holding the hammer reminds me of Triangle Head from Silent Hill. Did that monster appear in the RE games? coz i don't remember.

Also i don't understand why they don't make Resident Evil 1 film (i mean a film of the first game), i'm sure they heard enough complaints that we'd prefer a film that is same as the game and they should have enough money to make it from all those money they've earned.

They should make 2 films - both Resident Evil;

1st - Make a new Resident Evil film but this time exactly like the game

2nd - Continue making the sequel or prequel to RE: Afterlife

Finally, both parties are happy - we're enjoying the films and they're earning their money. :)

A Satyr
04-12-2010, 07:59 PM
PS. The giant monster holding the hammer reminds me of Triangle Head from Silent Hill. Did that monster appear in the RS games? coz i don't remember.
Yes they are in RE5 quite a bit

DevilMaster18
04-12-2010, 09:12 PM
Yes they are in RE5 quite a bit

I think i kinda remember, is it the mini-boss Majini at the beginning of the game? But i swear he didn't use that giant spiked mallet... Oh well, they do make everything different to the game so i'm actually not surprised...

DeekBoy
04-12-2010, 09:35 PM
ya they were all over RE5 they looked like this:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090326221149/residentevil/images/thumb/d/d6/Executioner.jpg/564px-Executioner.jpg

i love how Wesker can Dual wield and shoot 2 Desert Eagles... o the irony

DevilMaster18
04-12-2010, 09:45 PM
ya they were all over RE5 they looked like this:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090326221149/residentevil/images/thumb/d/d6/Executioner.jpg/564px-Executioner.jpg

i love how Wesker can Dual wield and shoot 2 Desert Eagles... o the irony

Oh i see, there is a mallet on the other end... Never noticed coz i was getting my a$$ away from it everytime i see it coming. His hood looks like it's stitched into his skin... I love how sick, mind-disturbing those creators are from Capcom... It makes the game so much better, well horrors anyways lol

You love that irony of dual wield desert eagle huh, how about the irony of him getting bit and still doesn't turn into a zombie :S

DeekBoy
04-12-2010, 09:58 PM
You love that irony of dual wield desert eagle huh, how about the irony of him getting bit and still doesn't turn into a zombie :S

thats Wesker for you!!! i just love how impossible it would be to fire 2 .50 caliber handguns at the same time... but he is wesker :).

Qonok
04-12-2010, 10:30 PM
I can't wait for this myself. I love the movie series.
I just take the movies on their own term and not try to jam them into the current game. Just think of the movies as an alternate universe from the game.
I wouldn't want a movie that is straight from one of the games, anyways. First off, you would know the plot and ending. Second, everyone would probably complain that it was exactly like the game.

DevilMaster18
04-13-2010, 08:21 AM
I can't wait for this myself. I love the movie series.
I just take the movies on their own term and not try to jam them into the current game. Just think of the movies as an alternate universe from the game.
I wouldn't want a movie that is straight from one of the games, anyways. First off, you would know the plot and ending. Second, everyone would probably complain that it was exactly like the game.

Yes, and no with your opinion. I've watched Silent Hill the movie (2006), and it's more or less exactly like the game and it definitely didn't ruin it for me as i may know the storyline and how and when what happens but because it was such a good film you would love it because it's directed so well and obviously because it matches the game and not just a cheap rip off of the game.

I, personally won't complain if it's exactly the same, infact, i'd praise the director more than anything. If you love a game so much and it didn't turn out to be what you thought it'd be then you're going to be frustrated. For example, how frustrated would you be if idk, let's say your favourite game is Star Wars and they made a film about it but in the film there's no lightsabers, no Yoda, no space/galaxy just few guys dancing in the desert? Can you honestly feel happy and say "oh well, this is a good alternative?", i'm afraid not.

Film Experience is different to Game Experience, no matter if it's same or not, the experience from the film is entirely different to the game hence it doesn't matter if it's exactly like the game or not.

Let's just hope BioShock Movie is going to be more or less same as the game, and no silly alternatives like Resident Evil films.

SynysterChris
04-15-2010, 07:49 AM
Yes, and no with your opinion. I've watched Silent Hill the movie (2006), and it's more or less exactly like the game and it definitely didn't ruin it for me as i may know the storyline and how and when what happens but because it was such a good film you would love it because it's directed so well and obviously because it matches the game and not just a cheap rip off of the game.

I, personally won't complain if it's exactly the same, infact, i'd praise the director more than anything. If you love a game so much and it didn't turn out to be what you thought it'd be then you're going to be frustrated. For example, how frustrated would you be if idk, let's say your favourite game is Star Wars and they made a film about it but in the film there's no lightsabers, no Yoda, no space/galaxy just few guys dancing in the desert? Can you honestly feel happy and say "oh well, this is a good alternative?", i'm afraid not.

Film Experience is different to Game Experience, no matter if it's same or not, the experience from the film is entirely different to the game hence it doesn't matter if it's exactly like the game or not.

Let's just hope BioShock Movie is going to be more or less same as the game, and no silly alternatives like Resident Evil films.

I agree 1000%. I like most other people I talk to want to go see a movie version of the game they loved to play. And Resident Evil would have been an awesome movie for that. Lets just hope they do a reboot of the franchise and make it like the game.