PDA

View Full Version : My Thoughts on the Demo

TwIsTeD mInD42
04-04-2010, 02:26 PM
After playing the demo at least twenty times and on all difficulties i have an opinion, i've set myself challenges on the demo such as doing it without kills, without been seen etc, i only play realistic anyway

The Interrogation scene i feel is poor, if you think about any public toilets now a days theirs alot more in them then just what you get in Splinter Cell Convictions toilet, if they do include them i didnt see but i no for a fact you cant do these things, for example the dryer you use to dry your hands ? you should be able to use that, hell you smash the guy into the cubicle door, you should be able to go further and use the toilet etc

I dislike the way it shows Kobin i think it is killing your daughter, im like jeez come on you talked non stop let me beat you up, why is their need to that in the demo though ? the interrogation seen isn't too do with the area you go to next

As from the interrogation scene the guy you beat up tells you Kobins at the museum so i presume it would be their next, and where you go on the demo next the guy says fisher got to kobin, so i presum you'd have killed him

anyway their isnt need for that, apart from this its mainly fine apart from a few things where guards can see you where no one could in realife,

i mean if i was a secruity guard i wouldnt be looking at pipes on the ceiling or under the ground, thats stupid in my opinion

otherwise its a good demo i like it 8/10

this is only my opinion so don't get angry and flame if you disagree i just would like to see others opinions

thanks

JimmyNunChuck
04-05-2010, 03:50 AM
i didnt play it but i think your post is uneccesary and seems like a poor attempt to get an award on the website(i could be wrong.)Also,its a demo-its incomplete and may be finished and i do believer your a gamer not the maker also.

Cav Clayton
04-05-2010, 08:00 AM
The demo is only there to really entice people who were either unsure or hadn't heard of the game. For everyone else, it was just a quick fix of Splintercell, and to the elitists, a game-breaker.

Either way, the interrogation scene was put in only so you could play it, not to make sense story-wise.

TwIsTeD mInD42
04-05-2010, 11:45 AM
@JimmyNunChuck whats an award on this site ? im kinda of new anyway i am the buyer of the game not the maker, but i want my future job to be in game programming so im always taking notes of things and writing littles reviews to myself about games

it's only my opinion as i stated so calm down

Cav Clayton
04-06-2010, 12:00 PM
He was just being a smart-arse :P

Btw, if I knew Sam Fisher would be coming, I'd sure as hell be looking on the ceilings and floors.

TwIsTeD mInD42
04-06-2010, 05:22 PM
Lol and True i didnt think of that, nah i'd lay the gun down and run off and cry like a little girl xD

Hamburgerous
04-06-2010, 05:44 PM
My only problem with the demo was that the game didn't feel finished, but being a demo this is exactly what the game wasn't. I think it had potential but we'll have to see how it plays when it's a full release. Not writting it off by a long shot.

TwIsTeD mInD42
04-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Gotta add, the way its a cut scence when you kill like that big shot dude

I mean i worked hard and then i went to kill him, not an automatic kill

JimmyNunChuck
04-07-2010, 01:40 AM
@poster

what makes you believe your going to actually follow through with being a programmer(off topic)

TwIsTeD mInD42
04-07-2010, 12:07 PM
What does well mate im only 15 so its a dream

But i believe me being very smart, my dad being good at working with computers and have an a level course certificate with it

My love for games and technololgy, my knowledge and skill at games and then my passion for everything to do with it, the studies i will be taking and learning and the hard work i put in thats what

I've been gaming since i was 5 xD (off topic)

Daxter99
04-09-2010, 12:29 AM
Why is there no Co-Op for this demo? It would have been helpful and get more people to like otherwise it takes me about 3-5 mins. to beat this demo every time I play on Realistic. But I still like it and I already pre-ordered weeks ago.

TwIsTeD mInD42
04-09-2010, 04:55 PM
@Daxter99 i'd like a co op too, it would be helpful me me and my friend (co-op partner for this game) to practice, but it doesnt really matter, we've just been playing sc da demo for the co op practice

Qonok
04-09-2010, 05:20 PM
I really enjoyed the demo. I like this sort of 'sneak and be silent' type of game. I have been wanting a Syphon Filter type game here for a while. Most games seem to be the 'spray and prey' type of fps.

TheDeceiver35
04-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Seems kinda silly things to be unhappy about, but you did give it an 8/10 so I suppose thats fair, different things will appeal to different people. I did have an issue like some of the above posters said, about not being able to take down the guy at the end but overall im enjoying the gameplay from what ive seen so far.

Rossa
04-09-2010, 09:11 PM
Hi, I was lucky enough to play this last night for a few hours on both single player and co-op (won a free gaming session with Ubisoft, check my gamertag... you'll see the achievements).

I never liked the previous Splinter Cell games... at all.. but this is something different... im not a hard core gamer and the first thing I can say it is easy to get into (hence why some people say it might be a bit easy).. got half way through level 3 before being asked to try co-op; at that point I was well engrossed in the game !... not as fun as MW2 campaign but not far off it!.

Co-Op was new levels not the single player levels recycled.

This game was not on my radar to buy 2 days ago.. but now its top of my list... very slick and engaging... as I said, never played the demo... but the game is great... well worth a try.

TwIsTeD mInD42
04-11-2010, 12:51 PM
yeah, well when i see an achievement guide i'll decide to preorder it or not

TopBadge
04-11-2010, 02:08 PM
people we have quote buttons here, stop typing @yous like this is youtube