PDA

View Full Version : Alot of your questions answered here!!

pined5551
04-04-2010, 02:43 PM
SOURCE: (http://community.codemasters.com/forum/f1-2010-game-1316/411156-f1-2010-what-we-know-so-far.html)

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/f1-2010-game-1316/411156-f1-2010-what-we-know-so-far.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overview
Formula 1 2010 will launch on Xbox 360, PC, and PS3 in September 2010, colliding with the Singapore Grand Prix. It will feature all the drivers, teams, cars, and tracks from the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship season.

Gameplay
There will be no Safety Car.
There will be no Formation Lap.
The races will never be stopped, and there will never be red flags, but all other flags are in the game and have the according meaning.
There will be Tyre Deformation and Tyre Wear, so looking after your tyres is a key part of the game.
Pit stops will be fully controlled by you.
Race strategy will be very important.
There is a full team radio.
There is no commentary.
There is a full dynamic weather system, so weather can change during races.
Weather will affect the track and your tyres accordingly.
When you win a race you will be able to celebrate with your fists and arms.
There is a cockpit view, along with other views you will expect in a Formula 1 game, such as the TV onboard view.
There is a full damage system, like Dirt, Grid, and Dirt 2's, using the same technology, because F1 2010 is using the same engine, the Ego engine, and this damage system will be tweaked and improved to go well and correctly with F1 cars. Also, again, almost all of the objects on the track and moveable and breakable.
No mechanical failure, but AI can suffer it.
Difficulty settings and assists to cater all players, so good for both the sim and arcade crowd.
There is engine wear.
You can change your aero balance and engine power whilst racing.
There is no helmet designer.
The track surface changes accordingly, so how many cars have been on the track and the weather take affect, along with other aspects. During rainfall, for example, puddles will appear on certain parts of the track that is more open than other parts to allow the rainfall through. Marbles are on the track accordingly, and can be picked up by your tyres, and a dark line will start to appear when many cars have been on the track.
Will use cars in the state they are created and approved by their teams.
There will be the flashback feature and replays.
Every steering wheel will be fully supported and the team are aiming to create a great experience for both controller and wheel use.
Slipstreaming/dirty air/aero are major parts of the game.
AI will challenge you and each driver has their unique driving style according to their real life counterpart.
Oversteer, understeer, and wheelspin will be in the game accordingly. Previous F1 games have had too much understeer, F1 2010 sorts this out by bringing oversteer into the equation. Track condition will make an affect.
There will be no Parade Lap.
There will be no Parc Ferme.

Modes
Career mode: You compete in either three, five, or seven seasons, that is your choice.
The longer the season, the harder it will be. So, if you do the full, longest Career mode of seven seasons, you will start off with the slower cars such as Virgin and Hispania. This is according to change, Codemasters will use the latest version of the car closest to release.
You choose all of your settings and can change them throughout.
You play a rookie driver. Your driver will replace the worst driver, in terms of stats, on a team, and that driver will either dissapear or swap for another driver who will dissapear.
The tagline of the Career mode is Be the Driver, Live the Life.
You have limited movement around your paddock area in order to ensure game navigation is quick.
In the garage you will be able to adjust car setup, strategy and more, and you will be able to sit in the car in the garage and watch the screens. Around the paddock you will be interviewed by a character using David Crofts voice and have a variety of answers to choose for his questions. Likewise with Press Conferences (Holly Samos's voice is used during the press conferences). Be sure to choose your answers wisely because this affects you career.
Limited amount of tyres each whole GP event, so all sessions.
Sessions are skippable.
8 engines a year.
Race Engineer chooses an engine each session though you can override. You cannot swap engine for every session though.
The better you have done, the more media interest you get.
You will be able to battle with your team mate to the extent that whoever is the best will get new parts for the car first.
Your and/or your team mate's car can be upgraded throughout the season with new parts. Team leader gets parts first.
You have a female agent.

GP Mode (Single Race, Champ Season, Custom Season
You choose absolutely everything, from race distance to track to driver.
Some settings can be changed in this mode.
Limited amount of tyres each whole GP event, so all sessions.
Sessions are skippable.
You choose an engine each session.

Multiplayer
There is no Split Screen.
LAN play is present
ALL MP modes are 12 players max

For all modes, there are no mid-race saves.
Autosaved between sessions (e.g P1, Save, P2)

The PC version of the game will use Games for Windows Live.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am so hopeful for this game, i just hope i dont big it up too much in my head and then suffer disappointment. That is my no.1 concern.

TiTan8404
06-23-2010, 12:16 AM
I have a question in which I was hoping to get answered, but didn't see it above.
Does anyone know if the new F1 rules will be in play ie: no fuel stops, only tires? Just to name one. Or if the game is being designed under the 2009 rule set.

Just curious, thx.

xLMx94
06-24-2010, 07:46 PM
I have a question in which I was hoping to get answered, but didn't see it above.
Does anyone know if the new F1 rules will be in play ie: no fuel stops, only tires? Just to name one. Or if the game is being designed under the 2009 rule set.

Just curious, thx.

its most likely to be the 2010 rules as it is based on the 2010 season but not 100% sure

pined5551
06-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Yes, 2010 rules, not 2009. Shame really, the no refuelling rule is such a retarded rule this season :(

Xterm1n8or
06-28-2010, 09:54 PM
No splitscreen? Damn big mistake this has just gone from a stone wall buy to a maybe buy for me.

I find it hilarious how Microsoft are trying to make the 360 more family friendly (ie Kinect), yet less and less games have splitscreen modes anymore. Odd. :confused:

TiTan8404
06-28-2010, 11:47 PM
No splitscreen? Damn big mistake this has just gone from a stone wall buy to a maybe buy for me.

I find it hilarious how Microsoft are trying to make the 360 more family friendly (ie Kinect), yet less and less games have splitscreen modes anymore. Odd. :confused:

I'm not sure if the post above is completely accurate about the split-screen. The F1 2010 page (link below) shows the game to be 1-4 players AND 2-12 player system link AND xbox live multiplayer. At the same time however, who knows when the page for the game was last updated...

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/f/f12010/

Also, thanks to those who answered my questions about whoch rules were going to be used in this game.

Dinnertable
07-08-2010, 02:32 PM

No splitscreen.
And it's not Microsoft's fault. No recent Codemasters game have had splitscreen, although they said they might consider it for future games

Oliv3rP
07-08-2010, 04:09 PM

microsoft don't make every xbox game...crazy fool, do some homework cuz you sir, suck

Elekid
07-25-2010, 02:07 AM
There is no commentary.

On one hand, I'm sad I won't be able to hear the commentators. They usually sound drunk when they're doing it. On the other hand, I won't have to hear "Seventimeworldchampion" 1000+ times each race.

Also, I hope they have Qualifying races.

Wolfie99
08-01-2010, 05:02 PM
Shame...they have confirmed that there will be no special edition on this one :(

http://www.incgamers.com/News/24272/codemasters-scraps-f1-2010-special-edition-plans

tgas416
08-03-2010, 04:09 AM
Grate preview answered a lot of questions

EchoPark
08-04-2010, 01:16 PM
Awesome been lookin forward to a 360 F1 game :) And i do love codemasters work on dirt and grid! Cheers for the list

Corrupt.
08-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Can't wait for this, 5 years since the last one I played...

SamHutto
08-05-2010, 10:27 AM
Does anyone know how the pit stops will work? It says that they're fully controlled by you, does that only mean choosing the tyre type or is there going to be an annoying QTE to do the stop?

gmorra
08-05-2010, 12:35 PM
No splitscreen.
And it's not Microsoft's fault. No recent Codemasters game have had splitscreen, although they said they might consider it for future games

It has been confirmed that codemasters DIRT 3 will indeed have split screen!

LEE200
08-05-2010, 12:52 PM
I'm looking forward to both F1 2010 & DIRT 3.

xLMx94
08-05-2010, 08:38 PM
Does anyone know how the pit stops will work? It says that they're fully controlled by you, does that only mean choosing the tyre type or is there going to be an annoying QTE to do the stop?

it means that you drive through the pits, and as far is i know you have to get the speed right as well, the computer doesnt do it for you. it also means you have to drive into the box where pitstops take place, and are capable of hitting your pit crew

BrassBallz
08-06-2010, 01:28 AM
if you watch the E3 2010 video in this forum they state that qualifying is in baby! And all three sessions! I will be World Champion in the longest season year one.

Xterm1n8or
08-06-2010, 08:52 PM
No splitscreen.

microsoft don't make every xbox game...crazy fool, do some homework cuz you sir, suck

I never said it was Microsofts fault. :confused: Oliv3rP, chillax man, talk about being hostile.

Anyway, back to the game. I'm gonna buy it, I've bought every F1 game since '97, splitscreen back for 2011 hopefully.

TinnyTB
08-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Do anyone know if it is possible to play career mode in LAN?

angelclawdust
08-07-2010, 04:30 PM
im disappointed that the max laps in online multiplayer is 7 - tis a let down for me tht bit
a few other bits also but it is there first attempt so hopefully 2011 will be 10 times better and be more to life in terms of what you can do with the game

also only 12 player online?? do they not know theres 24 cars on the grid ? lol
that is just wrong

i dreaded codemasters makin this but nvm
ill still be buying it :D

xLMx1994
08-07-2010, 05:42 PM
im disappointed that the max laps in online multiplayer is 7 - tis a let down for me tht bit
a few other bits also but it is there first attempt so hopefully 2011 will be 10 times better and be more to life in terms of what you can do with the game

also only 12 player online?? do they not know theres 24 cars on the grid ? lol
that is just wrong

i dreaded codemasters makin this but nvm
ill still be buying it :D

a problem with loads of people online is that it then lags. i dont personally see the problem with 12 people online, as i rarely get full lobbies on racing games anyway.

Adasi
08-09-2010, 03:54 PM
not seen this answered, but the 3/5/7 season career mode is a full proper season with full races right? Not lik ea game that was on PSOne where you only did like 5 laps...

i wanna be able ot have a full 7 season career!.

gutted about lack of (human) mechanical failure - they had that back on the PSOne games - why not curent gen?

Whilst i can imagine the safety car would be hard to program - it plays too big a part of modern F1 races to NOT be included so i'm dissapointed about that omission!

SNIPERUPHIGH
08-09-2010, 04:24 PM
No comms
12 ppl online mp
ONLY 7 LAPS
WTF

T1mberwoulf
08-12-2010, 03:51 PM
I'm really sad, that there will be no Safety Car and that there will be no Formation Lap. I think that would give us more atmosphere.

tgas416
08-17-2010, 02:45 PM
http://community.codemasters.com/forum/f1-2010-game-1316/411156-f1-2010-what-we-know-so-far-please-read-before-posting-35.html#post6190142
Overview

The game is PEGI 3.
There is NO F1 2010 game for PSP and Wii. It is only for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.

Gameplay

Marbles are washed away in the rain.
Different tyres have different affect on gameplay.
Heat hazes are in the game.
Player choice is critical. Will you change your tyres and take a gamble when your team predict rain, or will you stay safe, or in danger, and ignore that first option? It is entirely up to you and it can make or break a race.
When entering the pits, a small option box will appear where you can select what tyres you want.

Some examples of the pit radio below.

“We've fitted a set of scrubbed tyre's you should be able to push a little earlier once they're up to temperature.”
“Lap times are dropping, looks like track conditions are starting to improve.”
“You're losing a lot of time through sector 1.”
“It looks like we might see some light rain this session, just be aware of the conditions and try to pick the best moment to put a lap in.”
“Your brakes are in the optimum temperature zone.”
“The weather situation seems to be improving slightly, we could take a chance and switch you to inters if you want.”
“Alonso's out-pacing us, we need to put in some quick laps.”
“Looks like one of the McLarens is about to pit, their crew are getting ready.”
“Waved yellows in sector 3. Yellow flag conditions apply, watch out for debris.”
“Drive through penalty, drive through penalty for overtaking under yellow flag conditions.”
“You're way out in front, time to think about conserving the engine.”
“The track seems to be drying out, look for the drying line.”
“Great job! G-r-e-a-t job! What a win! Congratulations, 25 points!”

Codemasters are aiming to put in as much official merchandise as they can. This means caps, flags etc etc.
The game will run at 720p on consoles.
The weather options are: Dynamic, Clear, Light Cloud, Overcast, Light Rain, and Heavy Rain.
Your Race Engineer will update you on other drivers pit stops, with information on what tyres they have put on.
Each track has a different weather system, so for example Bahrain will always be hot and sunny and Spa unpredictable.
Not only will tarmac be affected by weather, but kerbs will as well. So, for example, running the kerbs a lot when it is wet is very risky.
AI does not follow other drivers tyre decisions but are likely to do the same thing if it works out well.
Marbles form off the racing line, so when driving on this you will lose grip.
Steering and throttle sensitivity can be adjusted.
The AI change their driving style for what weather there is.
Traffic can cause problems in qualifying.
A load of drivers coming into the pits at the same time can cause traffic jams.
Weather and pit stops are being balanced depending on the race options, such as the length.
Pit stops are compulsory from 20% race distance and above.
Wind is not featuring in F1 2010 and not a priority for near future games.

o H i T M a N z
09-04-2010, 02:20 PM
There are so many things i want to be in this game but most of them probably wont be ...

1. Warm up Lap, the need to get heat into the tyres and the brakes, so that on your opening laps you will have maximum grip etc, but also the risk of ruining the tyres before the strtr of the race.

2. Safety cars, controlling the pace of the following cars while in the lead

3. Proper use of flags and rules, accidentally cutting corners and the need to give the place back to avoid a drive trough penalty, yellow flags for crashes etc.

4. Lots of laps preferably full races so strategy, weather and how you look after your car affects the outcome.

Mikazu
09-23-2010, 06:13 PM
is Kimi Räikkönen in this game? he doesn't drive F1 anymore but he was still racing last season. But is there any other drivers who don't drive in this season?

Sorry for bad english. I couldn't ask this any clearly :D

Cube623
09-23-2010, 06:32 PM
is Kimi Räikkönen in this game? he doesn't drive F1 anymore but he was still racing last season. But is there any other drivers who don't drive in this season?

Sorry for bad english. I couldn't ask this any clearly :D
No he isn't sadly:(, only the drivers competing in the 2010 season are (with the exception of Sakon Yamamoto and Nick Heidfeld)