Board Privacy

Curtis

Wierd title, I know.

The issue of guests seeing the board is what I'm mainly on about. If you log out, you can still see every forum that you can when you log in. It'd be more beneficial to the site to have restricted access for members only to view some of the more communial and helpful forums. It'd incurage more people to join.

What you think?

They'd join if you'd make some insentive to work towards rewards for joining, so many posts etc. You could do the same with donating. Site's I've been on in the past have a "Premium Member" system, where a member has to pay £10 a year, and gets access to premium forums, and extra benefits. I know the Red Room is an example of this, but it's hardly made public on what it is.

Another one is the forum skin, first impressions count and there isn't one that looks %100 finished up or that looks like the main, all has gone into it type of skin.

The skins are being reviewed, and will be altered as neccessary to match any new site design that may occur :p

As for the paying $10 - a lot of members are young and dont have access to paypal or credit cards etc. Users may get more things on their profile, but we wont charge for access to any part of the website.

And for a member to get involved in site activities, such as tournaments and the GSL require certian number of posts. This site is about a community of people- not just a number of members. If people see that, then they will join. If we force them to join, they wont stay.

• 2 months later...

I have a question, I understand that the forum award is the only difference in what subscription level you are. Or am understanding that wrong. If so would you mind telling what the differences are in each level, because currently I am only a Bronze but this is due to my new credit cards arrival which should by at the latest Wednesday. Then I plan on going platinum. So if you could try and lay it out for me I would appreciate it.

Would also get a load of members sign up, but never post. We have way to many members already with 5 posts or less.

Plus if all the helpful boards are hidden- why are they going to join. They wont know there is more to the site. It would just encourage them to look elsewhere

^^^Well Said^^^ That is all the staff needs is a huge bunch of members joining the forum @ once, also i like the skins as they are. Also i know this has been said on numerous occasions But Users AND Staff do have a life outside of the forum and cannot spend 24/7 on the site. I have also ran forums over the last 10 years+ and i do build websites for a hobby so i know what goes into keeping forums and sites going as i have been there and wore the T-Shirt. Well that's my 2 penneth worth.