PDA

View Full Version : What on Earth is up with Tim and Eric?

Massa Siggy
04-05-2010, 03:03 AM
So...I searched and didn't find anything on this. This show is by no means new, but it's been renewed on Adult Swim and the commercials are back on the air.

My question is...what the hell is this show? I tried to watch it and didn't find anything about it bearable. It's so random and bizarre and the commercials themselves are starting to get on my nerves. Does anyone really like this show?

And more importantly, do enough people seriously like this enough for it to be in its fifth season? I find it hard to believe.

BarbaricGoose
04-05-2010, 03:53 AM
So...I searched and didn't find anything on this. This show is by no means new, but it's been renewed on Adult Swim and the commercials are back on the air.

My question is...what the hell is this show? I tried to watch it and didn't find anything about it bearable. It's so random and bizarre and the commercials themselves are starting to get on my nerves. Does anyone really like this show?

And more importantly, do enough people seriously like this enough for it to be in its fifth season? I find it hard to believe.

I love the show, and I know plenty of people who also love it. And just as many who hate it. A lot of their skits are gems. It's because it's so incredibly bizarre and random that people hate, or love it. And the guests they get on the show are always hilarious.

Oh, and Marilyn Manson is a fan.

YouTube- Marilyn Manson as Darkman on Tim & Eric's Awesome Show

Here's a few memorable skits:

I don't care what anyone says, I like will Forte, and he has always been great in TAEASGJ.
http://video.adultswim.com/tim-and-eric-awesome-show-great-job/re-fortin-with-will.html

This one's just so horrifying it's hilarious.
http://video.adultswim.com/tim-and-eric-awesome-show-great-job/mushroom-buddies.html

Hooray for Zach!
http://video.adultswim.com/tim-and-eric-awesome-show-great-job/the-snuggler.html

Massa Siggy
04-05-2010, 03:59 AM
I do like the "Fortin' with Will" skits, and I think there was one about a game called It's Not Jackie Chan. The other ones just weird me out too much.

Mongolian Beef
04-05-2010, 04:00 AM
I can't stand it. I would prefer to rewatch another Family Guy rerun for the thousandth time, then try to watch Tim and Eric. I also hate the Mighty Boosh.

DOOKH8R
04-05-2010, 04:07 AM
I can't stand it. I would prefer to rewatch another Family Guy rerun for the thousandth time, then try to watch Tim and Eric. I also hate the Mighty Boosh.

I agree completely. Tim and Eric is the worst piece of crap on television-unwatchable.
I would rather watch reruns of Home Boys in Outer Space than watch Mighty Boosh.

Massa Siggy
04-05-2010, 04:09 AM
I actually really like the Boosh :p

Noel Fielding is a favorite comedian of mine.

Tussell
04-07-2010, 01:06 AM
I have an extremely hard time getting into this show. The only skit I really enjoyed was the Bro-och skit. Other than that, I really find the show to be terrible, and I love random and bizarre things.

Guttermouth13
04-07-2010, 01:19 AM
Wow, Tim & Eric is one of the better shows on adult swim. I DVR it and replay for friends that come over to my apt, and everyone I know seems to enjoy it (except for females).

The only complaint I have for this show and any other 15min Adult Swim show is that they cost the same amount on Zune that a 30 min episode of something else cost.

A ZombieTwinkie
04-08-2010, 08:18 AM

Hell, I'd rather watch Squidbillies than either Tim and Eric or Mighty Boosh.

Though I wish I was cool enough to put together a pointless and retarded show like them to get on T.V. I can't stand this show, at all. The only thing I like even related to Tim and Eric (and it's not even related to the show) Is the Old Spice commercial that they directed with Terry Crews in it. He's what sold those commercials.

Makes me wonder why crap like that stays on air, when Korgoth of Barbaria got canceled.

x DRabNORMal x
04-11-2010, 06:21 PM
I have been trying to figure out the point of this show for a long time now. The radio station I listen to in the morning always mentions the show, so I figured I'd check it out once. Wow, big mistake. Horrible is an understatement.

Tussell
04-11-2010, 07:41 PM
Hell, I'd rather watch Squidbillies than either Tim and Eric or Mighty Boosh.
You say Squidbillies like it's a bad thing. It's a fantastic show!

A ZombieTwinkie
04-13-2010, 05:30 AM
You say Squidbillies like it's a bad thing. It's a fantastic show!

Damn, am I really the only one who doesnt like Squidbillies? I've tried to watch it on multiple occasions, and just can't get into it.

KNIGHTOFSERA
04-13-2010, 05:36 AM
The only things I ever watch on adult swim are Metalocalypse and Robot Chicken.............everything else just hurts my life

Postmodernmartyr
04-13-2010, 09:05 AM
Tim & Eric is a parody of television itself... It takes an extreme and surreal public access feel, to mirror the crazy, ridiculous, and often terrible television experience... I think they are hilarious, and most of my favorite comedians seem to also... but it makes perfect sense not to understand or appreciate (those or two different thing, so anyone out there who is about to say, oh, I understood it, I just didn't like it... well you've been spoken for) T&E... I actually joined the AS message boards originally just to argue why it shouldn't be canceled... I love AS and even though I haven't loved everything they have done (especially Assy McGee, and Robot Chicken was funny at first but got real old real fast) I have to appreciate that they are constantly pushing boundaries and putting out some of the artsiest stuff on TV!!!