PDA

View Full Version : The bigger they are... bug

Sakurafire
04-05-2010, 03:07 PM
I was wondering if anybody else had an issue similar to what I'm having...

I have four more achievements left to get the original games 1k and out of the expansions I've only beaten Operation: Anchorage. Having only killed the story-related Behemoth in the GNR plaza, I went to finish up "The Bigger They Are...". At Evergreen I sniped the Behemoth in the cage. No problem, 2 down, 3 to go. I went and found the Capitol Building, killing all the Talon Mercs, Enclave, and Super Mutants; no Behemoth showed up. Not even a corpse that was killed by someone else. I waited in the area to no avail and even came back and killed some more stuff, and still nothing. I moved on to Takoma Park and the Behemoth was already dead. (Not sure what killed it, but I killed all the Super Muties and the Behemoth was dead behind the building.)
The last issue with this achievement comes with the Behemoth south of Jury Metro Station. I opened the bear cage and nothing. I shot the bear, took the bear, shot the bear out of a cannon... Nothing. I waited for about an hour and nothing showed up...
I have over 350 saves, so I can go back and attempt to kill them if it's recommended. I love playing Fallout, but tell you the truth this is the first time I've had a frustrating bug happen out of 70 hours played...

BrandAid1138
04-05-2010, 06:28 PM
i just finished that achievement yesterday duder. I had gone to the capitol blding first. the behemoth was in a giant domed room and a battle is raging w/the mercs and mutants. it was there for me.

then i went to jury metro station...found the bear, opened the cage and took it then closed it. it didn't show up right away...i had to actually go back toward the town (can't remember what one) but it was there stomping around with a giant club made of a fire hydrant. This was the one I couldn't figure out either, because I heard sometimes it shows up directly behind you when you get the bear.

and the last one is on the outskirts of the takoma industrial parkway surrounded by 5 or 6 other super mutants. you have to go past the parkway I beleive to actually see it.

My difficulty is set one below medium, not the easiest but easier. Maybe that has something to do with it. I haven't read anything else about it being glitched either. Prolly not helping much, but it's my 2 cents.

Sakurafire
04-06-2010, 11:58 AM
I appreciate the reply, though. Thank you. =)
I'm playing the game on Medium right now. I'll double check the Capitol building and sometime after work I'll go searching for the one at Jury Metro (bear).

twistedsymphony
04-06-2010, 06:38 PM
yeah the one in the capitol is always inside in the large domed room. He's too big to escape that room :p

the only one I ever had trouble with is the one with the teddy-bear. He didn't appear for me at first either, I waited for hours and nothing.. eventually found him stomping around the near by town...

Skillet
04-07-2010, 02:09 PM
yeah the one in the capitol is always inside in the large domed room. He's too big to escape that room :p

the only one I ever had trouble with is the one with the teddy-bear. He didn't appear for me at first either, I waited for hours and nothing.. eventually found him stomping around the near by town...

This happened to me once on an alternate profile. If he doesn't run down towards you from the bridge, there's a chance he got distracted by something right after spawning.

For me, he started chasing a a small group of slavers across the wasteland. That was annoying. The good part? He didn't react to me when I shot him. So I just followed along peppering him with Chinese Assault Rifle rounds until he fell over. :p

Crims0nPenguin
04-10-2010, 09:34 PM
I know in Takoma there was a Talon Merc with a fatman I played on Very Hard when i got there, in jury street metro i opened the cart, took the teddy bear i was kind of worried what was going on, i went to go on my laptop to see if i did anything wrong, when i come back i saw the behemoth beating me down to death, luckily i had some stims and a fatman in my hand. I think you are just going to have to wait for that one, though i dont know where he comes from.

PeriodPain
10-28-2010, 12:25 AM
I have a problem with that guy. The cage is locked, the electricity is still on, and no Behemoth!!! I've killed the 4 others, what do i do now???

a Capibara
10-28-2010, 12:39 AM
I've found that a combination of re-loading saves and using the wait function fixes most 'bugs'.

Also, a word on the Behemoths.

You DON'T actually have to kill them personally for it to count. They just have to be dead.