PDA

View Full Version : I think my 360's screwed up

RoughOutline
03-08-2006, 09:27 PM
That's right, you heard me. It's screwed up!

Everything was fine until I was playing Full Auto a few hours ago. Suddenly the game froze and a fuzzy-type pattern appeared. Thinking nothing of it, I restarted the console, only for the same thing to happen but on the starting screen. Upon restarting it for a third time, it happened again. I just turned the Xbox off and left it for a while.

I came back to it later to see if it was okay. I got onto the dashboard and signed in okay. I went onto the Outfit demo and joined a game with one or two people of my friends list. When the game started, my screen turned green!

I was a bit surprised, but turned off my Xbox. Turned it back on again to get the three red lights. I turned it back on and it was okay. I went back onto the Outfit demo, and then it froze again. I turned it off and haven't touched it since.

Any ideas with what's wrong? Will I end up having to ring up Microsoft about this. I hope not. I've had the console since UK launch (2nd December) and it's only had the occasional crash. For something like this to occur came as a surprise.

If this supposed to be posted somewhere else, or if there's another place to post something like this, let me know.

SpideR NY
03-08-2006, 09:36 PM
1-800-4-MY-XBOX. Tell them that and that you want a new system and you can send yours back and get a new one free. Or they will fix it. Its super fast too like with in 5 buisness days for the whole transaction.

kaotic
03-08-2006, 09:39 PM
3 green lights mean you have a loose cable...just unplub them and plug them back in, if it keeps happening call xbox

RoughOutline
03-08-2006, 09:40 PM
I'll have to call a different number since I'm the UK. If I send my 360 to them, will they do anything to the hard drive at all. Basically, could I end up losing saves and such?

BloodyBunnies
03-08-2006, 09:59 PM
Last i heard you dont send the HD with it, you keep it and just send the console

SpideR NY
03-08-2006, 10:02 PM
you lose all saves inless you can get a mem card to back them up. (if you can even start yer system) 3 red lights basically means you f***ed sorry bro. :(

porker con
03-08-2006, 11:08 PM
yah call xbox support

ianc125
03-09-2006, 04:41 AM
ive been through this shit its on many other topics i posted about it make sure when you call you DEMAND to talk to a manager / supervisor and make sure you DEMAND to get a new consol and NOT a refurbished one like I did and now my refurbished one is back at microsoft

KillarPenguin
03-09-2006, 04:45 AM
lol, i'm not sure if the three red lines means death to your xbox 360. when i got mine christmas day, the first time i turned it on there was 3 red lights. i plugged all the cables back in and its been running fine ever since.

ianc125
03-09-2006, 04:48 AM
the 3 red ones means there is an internal problem / aka death to your 360 mwuahahahahaaaaaaa

snafegeeza
03-09-2006, 04:23 PM
Dont worry brother im am in the uk too and mine did the same thing. I rang microsoft and they tried a few simple things over the phone (disconnecting hard drive) ect. They then agreed to send me a new one straight away. 2 days later I had a box to send my broken xbox back with and they pay the couriers fee. 3-4 days later id got my shiny new xbox. Its all free and really easy just call them asap and by next week you should have your new console. You dont send away anything other than the box. Keep your hard drive and when you plug it back into your new xbox all your saves, gamer points, and tag will be just as you left them.

TechIsCool
03-09-2006, 04:32 PM
and if you complain bad enuff then you could get an HD, or a game
PZ0
Kameo
PGR3

Helacool360
03-09-2006, 05:25 PM
the same exact thing happened to me when i was playing full auto...i went to the dashboard on a loading screen and the whole screen turned green fuzzy ...but then i restarted and everything was fine....i hope everything goes smoothly 4 u :)

k_dog
03-09-2006, 05:53 PM
Mind you though, if you call customer support, you're going to get the run around on everything we just told you to try so my suggestion is to call them, let them give you the run around because they are pushy with troubleshooting before they do a warenty exchange on a system.

This is to prevent you from having to do everything twice. Good luck man...:)

-Brian