PDA

View Full Version : Oh! Before we get too excited!

x0SugarBear0x
04-06-2010, 06:28 AM
Does anybody know how long the Beta is for? Is it up until release or until a certain date? Does anybody know the date?

hiden
04-06-2010, 11:51 AM
What I heard on the Bungie net fourms was a month, thats 3 weeks.

The Pants Party
04-06-2010, 12:18 PM
What I heard on the Bungie net fourms was a month, thats 3 weeks.

In what world is a month only three weeks long?

Halo 3's was supposed to be two weeks, but they extended it a week because of the issues they had rolling it out on the release date. I would assume this would be planned for two weeks as well unless there are further issues. They have not officially announced anything on its length though.

Atroxx70
04-06-2010, 06:45 PM
That's kind of a downer. I've never played in a beta before but I was under the impression that they lasted a couple of months at least. Oh well.

TH3 DOMINION
04-07-2010, 10:39 PM
I wish it went on for months too so I wouldn't ever play MW2 again to get my FPS fix.

VexxedMaster
04-12-2010, 05:50 AM
Damn I was thinking it would go up until the release date but only a month of new Halo then more waiting? Damn I'm bored with Halo 3 as it is so there gonna dangle a new shiny toy in my face then snatch it away? Yes I love the idea but I'de like a little more time please

iiParadiigm
04-14-2010, 06:05 AM
Damn I was thinking it would go up until the release date but only a month of new Halo then more waiting? Damn I'm bored with Halo 3 as it is so there gonna dangle a new shiny toy in my face then snatch it away? Yes I love the idea but I'de like a little more time please

The beta is to test the stress on their servers and to have players find and exploit any and all glitches so that they are not present in the retail version of the game. Two weeks is probably all the time they need to do just that.

TheMagicalHat
04-14-2010, 11:15 AM
The timing of it is really annoying, the beta is going up in GCSE month so i won't be able to play it -.-

brushy platypus
04-15-2010, 12:08 AM
I've never been in a beta before, and im still a little cluless about the details of one. I was thinking that it would stay out untill the full games release. Well that sucks, but hey, two weeks is better than none at all, right.

-TheDragonstar-
04-15-2010, 12:15 AM
I was hoping the beta would last at least a little longer than a month (ie, four weeks xD), but then again once they get all their data they don't want to have their servers bombarded by us while they polish the finalized product. And of course, Bungie won't be dishing out the complete multiplayer experience in the beta either. We're just guinea pigs in a small test lab while they hoard the rest of the goodies to themselves, saving it for the actual release.

ghost10221987
04-27-2010, 09:55 PM
Wish they wouldn't have decided to hold the beta during dead/finals week... On one hand, I'd like to graduate, on the other hand, the beta is pretty damn enticing.

Agusta1
04-28-2010, 04:27 AM
Urk from Bungie stated that the beta would be around for a minimum of 2 weeks and up to a maximum of 1 month.

Posted By: Urk

So when does it end? Well, we don’t have the exact date for you just yet. It all depends on how things go. You can expect a minimum of two weeks and probably no more than a month. Hopefully, you’ll throw a full on fit when we sever the cord, but we won’t be pulling the plug because we’re jerks, we actually have a game to finish making. Keeping the Beta running is a lot of work. Besides, we don’t want to totally spoil what’s to come – we’ll run the Beta as long as we need to in order to hit our testing goals. Then we have to rip it out of your hands until the Fall. Sorry. Nothing personal

The Lovat Scout
04-28-2010, 04:32 AM
Urk from Bungie stated that the beta would be around for a minimum of 2 weeks and up to a maximum of 1 month.

This thread was from 20 days ago.

...Just sayin...

Agusta1
04-28-2010, 04:39 AM
This thread was from 20 days ago.

...Just sayin...

Posting it for the others who don't know.

Just sayin'... lol

Jet1337
04-28-2010, 11:07 AM
I hope it doesn't last too long. I'd hate to invest a lot of time into the game, only to see that hard work go to waste. That's why I quit playing Faggoty Star Universe.