PDA

View Full Version : Gears of War Movie Breaking Down?

B1GM13
04-06-2010, 09:01 AM
It looks like fans shouldn't hold their breath for that Gears of War (http://uk.movies.ign.com/objects/895/895019.html) movie adaptation.

The Los Angeles Times (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/2010/04/gears-of-war-len-wiseman-delayed.html) reports that, after months of on-again, off-again rumors about the game-to-film, the film's prospects have never looked worse. The paper claims New Line Cinema "has now cut the budget, going from a film that would have cost more than $100 million to one that will cost a good chunk less than that. It's also reined in the story, turning it into a more simple, straight-ahead invasion story instead of a sprawling epic. Producers are looking for a new writer to handle all this, but haven't found one yet."

Chris Morgan (http://uk.stars.ign.com/objects/916/916914.html) (Wanted) and Billy Ray (http://uk.stars.ign.com/objects/916/916974.html) (Breach) penned the previous drafts.

Adding to the film's dimming prospects, director Len Wiseman (http://uk.stars.ign.com/objects/914/914340.html) is said to have parted ways with the project, focusing on a thriller entitled Nocturne now instead.

The paper adds that Wiseman's departure also almost certainly nixes the possibility of Kate Beckinsale (http://uk.stars.ign.com/objects/913/913851.html) starring, as she's married to Wiseman. Wiseman revealed (http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/100/1007578p1.html) at last summer's Epic Games (http://uk.games.ign.com/objects/025/025194.html)' Gears of War (http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/objects/747/747891.html) panel that he wanted to cast her as Maria, the doomed wife of second-in-command Dominic Santiago.

Source - IGN.com

SynysterChris
04-06-2010, 09:48 AM
Damn that sucks a Gears Movie would have been awesome, plus Kate Beckinsale is so hot!!! Don't care what she's in I see it.

Tussell
04-06-2010, 04:50 PM
I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing. Would be cool to see Kate Beckinsale, as I find her to be extremely sexy. :p

The movie could go one of two ways, either good, or completely shitty, so whatever happens, happens. I'll probably end up seeing it regardless of the hype/letdown.

Tanabeo
04-06-2010, 05:19 PM
I will see it no matter what if it ever comes out

bapae
04-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Well thats not good news at all i was pretty excited about this movie.

SynysterChris
04-07-2010, 08:38 AM
Do they have any casting besides Beckinsale yet?

Molneze3
04-07-2010, 08:57 AM
Well this sucks!

Skepsis93
04-09-2010, 05:40 PM
I really don't get why they're having a hard time finding writers, who WOULDN'T want to write this, it has such amazing potential!

DevilMaster18
04-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Combine John Travolta (Face) with The Rock (body) you get Marcus Pheonix lol

I remembered Gears Movie was coming out alongside with Gears of War 3. So, there is still hope!

Volzagia
04-09-2010, 07:47 PM
Well thats not good news, Hope it still gets made though.

Pootcrum
04-10-2010, 12:12 AM
I'm with Tussell, don't know if that's good or bad. On one hand its a game that sold xboxs and some could say became the flagship of the 360, so its got to make a good movie right? On the other hand, its a game-movie. Doom anyone?

Once companies run out of comic book IP to buy, they will go to games, and ruin them too.

Regardless, I will go see this movie if it makes it to the silver screen.

Captain3Beers
04-10-2010, 01:17 AM
I really don't get why they're having a hard time finding writers, who WOULDN'T want to write this, it has such amazing potential!

Just remember - potential doesnt speed sh*t up in Hollywood. Look at Firefly/Serenity. Series cancelled after one season. Then it took what something like 5 years to get a greenlight from a studio?

I read some where that Cliffy B was going to be an Excecutive Producer on this as well.....Maybe Epic can shop this around a bit to get the ball rolling. Once a studio condems a movie with a budget cut before production, might as well figure they have moved on to other projects- and this one goes on the shelf....

Which does suck, IMO.

SSJ3
04-10-2010, 01:35 AM
Damn I was looking forward too this :(. Didn't have too high hopes though thank god!

Mashew Tiernan
04-10-2010, 07:20 AM
Defo a movie i'd pay to see :D
Love GOW 1&2, 2 of the most challenging campaign's for shooters games i've played :D

shurija
04-10-2010, 11:14 PM
I still don't mind seeing this movie despite those announcements. GOW got me into Xbox 360.

DevilMaster18
04-15-2010, 12:20 PM
That kick-a$$ chick in GOW3 trailer is awesome! Good and bad putting a female character in, since GOW is so gory having her getting sliced in half isn't very pleasant :S and nice to see a change other than male characters.

elephantd
04-16-2010, 12:58 AM
I wouldn't mine cutting women in half, i'm all for equal oppertunity..:D

I'm sad, I really want a Gears movie, i mean the books are great, games are great, movie=???? I mean shit make a animation movie, and give people a free gears goodie to whom see it opening day.:P

DevilMaster18
04-16-2010, 10:22 AM
I wouldn't mine cutting women in half, i'm all for equal oppertunity..:D

I'm sad, I really want a Gears movie, i mean the books are great, games are great, movie=???? I mean shit make a animation movie, and give people a free gears goodie to whom see it opening day.:P

I suppose if we don't cut her in half we will be called a sexist from the guys :p

There's books?! I tried buying GOW books but all there is are art books, or do you mean art books? Because i tried buying a story book for GOW, i know if they done manga or comic would be cool though.

elephantd
04-17-2010, 01:42 PM
I suppose if we don't cut her in half we will be called a sexist from the guys :p

There's books?! I tried buying GOW books but all there is are art books, or do you mean art books? Because i tried buying a story book for GOW, i know if they done manga or comic would be cool though.

Gear's has 2 series of comics? I belive

Amazon.com: gears of war books

Link to actual books. It answers alot of questions that the first two games haven't.

Contrah
04-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Well this sucks!

You got that right!

On a game-movie note, what's the Actresses name who's doing the Prince of Persia movie?

DevilMaster18
04-17-2010, 06:09 PM
You got that right!

On a game-movie note, what's the Actresses name who's doing the Prince of Persia movie?

No idea, but the actor who plays Prince of Persia looks well... Not Persian enough.

DevilMaster18
04-18-2010, 10:08 AM
Gear's has 2 series of comics? I belive

Amazon.com: gears of war books (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=gears+of+war+books)

Link to actual books. It answers alot of questions that the first two games haven't.

Could you send me another link, the link doesn't work. I don't know which 1 to get, i don't want to buy a art book by mistake lol

Vonzipper
04-18-2010, 12:06 PM
Could you send me another link, the link doesn't work. I don't know which 1 to get, i don't want to buy a art book by mistake lol

Here is the list of Gears of War Books, If the other link is broken.

They are books by the way, Not art books. :)

DevilMaster18
04-18-2010, 01:35 PM
Here is the list of Gears of War Books , If the other link is broken.

They are books by the way, Not art books. :)

I'm sorry, you said "Here is the list of Gears of War Books , If the other link is broken." but was that orange text suppose to be a link? because it's not working.

I also wanted to buy BioShock books but too bad they don't do anything but art books...

Vonzipper
04-18-2010, 03:20 PM
I'm sorry, you said "Here is the list of Gears of War Books , If the other link is broken." but was that orange text suppose to be a link? because it's not working.

I also wanted to buy BioShock books but too bad they don't do anything but art books...

Fixed :) (I hope)

DevilMaster18
04-18-2010, 08:17 PM
Fixed :) (I hope)

Unfortunately nope..

"We're sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on our site."

Can you tell me the titles of the books, i'll try myself. Thanks :woop:

gamemore
04-20-2010, 02:22 PM
Sad to hear that Gear movie wont be a epic as it should be. Although Halo the movie fell through for the most part and its bigger that Gears so it to be expected I guess.

Dead Sanny
04-21-2010, 07:28 PM
game to movie's can be iffy i reckon, who could forget farcry..... but still a gears of war movie woulda been a refreshing experience to the poor quality stuff thats coming out these days.

Music-My-Savior
04-24-2010, 11:10 PM
The whole casting idea is a pointless waste of time because we all know this movie shouldn't be done unless its CGI. You can only make an epic GOW movie with all the characters remaining as we know them if you create it in CGI and basically have it like one big game cut scene.

The only audience they have to cater to is gamers, general people could like the idea if a trailer presents the story we all know and love the right way. You don't need actors ballsing up the part because as soon as people 'sign on' that fans don't agree fit the role then you've half ruined it already.

You don't need any fancy writer to pen a script when Karen Travvis wrote two awesome books and I believe has a part in writting the third game too could probably be signed on to write a script or at least help with it.

I hope this goes ahead, but I really don't want to see a watered down version of the story we've all become used to. I'd rather it not come out if that's the case. I mean c'mon, KATE Beckinsdale as Maria? Nah, I doubt it.

MrBubbles x360a
04-25-2010, 03:50 PM
Doubt the movie would've been that great anyways.

k1lls1gn
05-04-2010, 05:51 AM
Damn! i was looking forward to watching Beckinsale, so fine...

Bubbowie
05-04-2010, 05:54 AM
well I think it could come out nicely if they ever finish it...

Vincent Bros09
05-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Damn, Hope they find a writer they could handle it because it would make an EPIC movie. Still great hopes for the new Marvel movies coming out :)

Prescient Boss
06-07-2010, 05:29 AM
i think the movie would be great. they just need to git-r-done

Tufty
06-07-2010, 05:54 PM
I'm with Tussell, don't know if that's good or bad. On one hand its a game that sold xboxs and some could say became the flagship of the 360, so its got to make a good movie right? On the other hand, its a game-movie. Doom anyone?

Once companies run out of comic book IP to buy, they will go to games, and ruin them too.

Regardless, I will go see this movie if it makes it to the silver screen.

That's the reason I'm worried about this movie. Every video game that been turned into a film sucked.

Doom
Resident Evil
Far Cry
Pokemon
Street Fighter

There's many more, but I can't think of them at the moment.

elephantd
06-08-2010, 12:39 AM
I vote Rampage Jackson to be Cole Train, if he can act. I will make final judgement once I watch the A-team.

Tufty
06-08-2010, 07:03 AM
I vote Rampage Jackson to be Cole Train, if he can act. I will make final judgement once I watch the A-team.

What about Nicholas Cage? :D

KFZ Scrubs
06-17-2010, 08:56 PM
First of all No... that role should be reserved for Terry Crews... he's perfect for the role.
He's funny, he can act plus he's built for the role.
I swear to god, if they use will smith or Jaime Fox for the role... screw the movie..... i'm not going to let Hollywood feed me that bullshit.
Also, the main reason why i'm posting here.
http://www.electronictheatre.co.uk/index.php/xbox360/xbxo360-news/5078-gears-of-war-feature-film-officially-confirmed
Officially confirmed after having thought being cancelled.

KwH x Fatality
06-17-2010, 10:02 PM
Nooo!!!!
This was going to be awesome. :'(
I wanted to see this film since the release of Gears 2.
I hope it gets made, i would love to see it, if it had the right actors.

@Tufty Resident Evil films are awesome!

hodge
06-17-2010, 10:11 PM
It might have been a pretty good movie as well....

BackerMan
06-17-2010, 10:58 PM
I would like to see James Cameron direct Gears of War movie. Look what he did with Aliens and Terminator 2, why not?

I know the wrestler from WWE, Batista looks like Marcus but not sure about his acting, probably not good.

KFZ Scrubs
06-18-2010, 01:26 AM
Nooo!!!!
This was going to be awesome. :'(
I wanted to see this film since the release of Gears 2.
I hope it gets made, i would love to see it, if it had the right actors.

@Tufty Resident Evil films are awesome!
It might have been a pretty good movie as well....

Wait, why so sad?
I just posted a link pretty much confirming that a gears movie is pretty much in the works.... pretty much why i resurrected this thread.

Dukeybro
06-24-2010, 11:09 AM
the movie might of been all right, if it was done right we might never know now.

Soulflyy
06-24-2010, 11:50 AM
another cheesy low budget game movie?

nah thanks