PDA

View Full Version : Did any one got his 800 MS back ?

EA Shenron
04-06-2010, 09:06 AM
Hi guys, as you might know, the DLC achievements are glitched. you cannot ulnock them if you've already unlocked MP achievements from the original 1000.

I've phoned microsoft to ask them to refund my 800 ms as they sold me an uncomplete DLC : I can play bun cannot unlock the achievements althought I meet the requirements for.

Well, at first I've been called "cheater" because I've unlocked achievements I shouldn't have been able to (wich ones ?) and after that, they told me I've done something wrong (understand unlock MP achievements prior to the DLC release). I'm sorry, I really should have know that the DLC would be glitched. When I asked for a refund, they told me there was no order from microsoft to refund 800MS for this DLC.

I read some posts where people told Microsoft gave them their 800 ms back. If you're in this case, can you post in this thread with the message from microsoft. And if microsoft told you "we're really sorry, we would like to but we cannot", you can also post. Thus I won't feel alone.

JeanRob
04-06-2010, 11:13 AM
Well, at first I've been called "cheater" because I've unlocked achievements I shouldn't have been able to
http://www.yentang.com/blog/uploaded_images/simpsons_nelson_haha2-761053.jpg

EA Shenron
04-06-2010, 03:09 PM
Is it Nelson Muntz or Major Nelson laughing at me ??

BosmaniaK
04-06-2010, 05:47 PM
it's just 8 euros / 10 bucks
get over it

B Diddy
04-06-2010, 05:56 PM
Is it Nelson Muntz or Major Nelson laughing at me ??

Its the new mascot for EA...laughing at us for buying all their broken shit

JeanRob
04-06-2010, 06:01 PM
get over it
Technically it's 80€ (70 for the game, 10 for the DLC). Enough to feed many people for a long time in poor countries.
Think before speaking.

EDIT: Just figured something, DLC is in French the acronym for "Dans Le Cul" which can be translated "In The Ass". Sums up the situation pretty well doesn't it?

EA Shenron
04-06-2010, 08:12 PM
get over it

It's not a matter of how much, it's a matter of microsoft admitting there is an issue with this DLC. If no one complain, they will continue to release such crap. I do not pretend I can change things on my own but I try to do what I can to show microsoft that gamers are not cash dispenser and that we are expecting glitch free DLC.

KNIGHTOFSERA
04-06-2010, 08:16 PM
well doesnt it say on all dlc and arcade games that it is non refundable......so basically they wont give you your money back unless they want to and they probably wont

BosmaniaK
04-06-2010, 08:55 PM
Technically it's 80 (70 for the game, 10 for the DLC). Enough to feed many people for a long time in poor countries.
Think before speaking.

haha dude! first off, if you pay 70 euros for a game, you're out of your mind. I can get a new copy from online shops for 40 to 45.
Second, the way you're comparing the value of money between two countries is extremely dumb

Lordacris
04-07-2010, 08:59 AM
I've emailed Microsoft requesting a refund of 800 MS on this. Its worth a try but probs wont get anywhere as its EA's problem really.

I'll let you know what they say!

KiddingPigeon
04-07-2010, 01:21 PM
Aite guys here is my attempt to get my 800MS points...
I am eagerly awaiting my reply ;)
Still kant believe the Cu*t hung up on me!!!

Hello,

First let me start by ranting about the awful customer support, I spoke with someone very rude ( a Male with about 20 letters in his name!) so please do not ask what his name was, after spending about 10 minutes getting him to understand very clear well spoken English, he decided obviously he could not deal with an actual question which does not require him to read of a piece of paper and hung up from myself!. I would like you to track down this colleague and sort out his attitude and English to be honest. The number I rang in on is 07********, on 07/04/2010 at 1:24 pm.

Now on the question, I have been the owner of the computer game army of two the 40th day for about 3 months now and am happy with my purchase. However, as of the past 3 weeks there was the new DLC chapter of decent which, as promised and promoted on xbox.com (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802454108d8/?of=3) and the overall part of the gameplay works an plays well. The achievements do not work! I am not the only one experiencing this please see attached forum…http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=216430.
As it is a known issue and there does not appear to be a fix, it would appear to be a false advertised product, and although EA are technically to blame, you still have allowed for the regulating of the DLC, you have hosted it on the officially website, if it is not working then you should not allow it to be distributed. You therefore are owing myself and a lot of angry gamers FULL refunds for the DLC.
I however will be patient and allow you 1 week to either get my refund together or let me know the exact fix date.
I will be posting this email on the above forum,
I look forward to hearing your reply.

Paul.

Gamertag: Kiddingpigeon

xRogue 5x
04-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Sadly nothing will be done and even if by some miracle it is it will be a long long time before it does.

Hell...we're still waiting for the ghostbusters fix.

Anyway, the best you can do is show them that we're serious about not wanting to be treated like this and will not stand for it.

THe most you can really do is show them in the pocket book that you are serious. Don't buy EA products or Purchase EA dlc.

Send them a polite but stern email letting them know that this is what you'll be doing and then stick to it.

Or better yet let them know that you only be purchasing used versions of their game so that all the proceeds go to game stop etc.

Well this is what I plan on doing from now on. I look forward to making sure that all my money goes to the used shops and not to you EA.

KiddingPigeon
04-09-2010, 01:16 PM
Well I had a phone call from the supervisor about 20 min's ago telling me about whats what! and as i told him, i have purchased the content from Microsoft, EA have charged nothing too Microsoft for the use of the DLC, its microsoft that has added the charge to us end users, it is then microsofts reasponabillty that if something doesnt work 100% as it should then they will either have to get an exact date of the fix with details or refund my points... the supervisor agreed and said he will email me in the next 2 weeks, with either a refund or solution..... I will update as and when i know again... :)

Udak
04-10-2010, 03:16 AM
Why is this MS's problem? EA is the one with the fucked up DLC...unless EA decides to foot the bill, MS sure as heck isn't going to.

Lord Zodiac
04-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Well I just got off the phone with xbox support and it would seem they have their heads much further up their ass' than we thought.

After many emails back and forth they told me to call in and they would solve the problem I was having over the phone, because of security issues. So after being on hold for what felt like years and hearing endless apologies they finally tell me that before Microsoft is authorized to refund any monies they must file some kind of report acknowledging there is a problem. So far there has been no report filed.

It has been malfunctioning for weeks and they claim that I am the first person to have this problem and that it is being logged and Microsoft will investigate if I am really having a problem and if so what it is. It almost sounded like they were calling me a liar.

Also I would recommend, for anyone who is willing to waste 30 minutes, to call them rather than email. The representatives who answer the emails can't do anything about the problem, they are tech support only and they are comfortable giving you a quick answer and hope you leave it alone.

If you would still rather email I would suggest adding something like "You will receive a message from me each day until this problem is resolved". Once I said that I got an actual answer instead of just the same garbage they usually say.

As others have mentioned, all we can do is let them know the problem is there and once enough of us have voiced concern maybe they will do something about it.

Lex Talionis
04-12-2010, 01:49 AM
You know, I'm tempted to start a class action....

Unluckyclover
04-12-2010, 02:08 AM

please tell me you're joking...

JieXY
04-12-2010, 03:32 AM
That's a big, no huge, investment. I support you xD.

psitaylor
04-12-2010, 04:26 AM
Why is this MS's problem? EA is the one with the fucked up DLC...unless EA decides to foot the bill, MS sure as heck isn't going to.
It`s boths fault, microsoft should have checked trough it better before putting it up on the marketplace. Same goes for EA before sending onwards to MS

EA Shenron
04-12-2010, 08:34 AM
After many emails back and forth they told me to call in and they would solve the problem I was having over the phone, because of security issues. So after being on hold for what felt like years and hearing endless apologies they finally tell me that before Microsoft is authorized to refund any monies they must file some kind of report acknowledging there is a problem. So far there has been no report filed.

It has been malfunctioning for weeks and they claim that I am the first person to have this problem and that it is being logged and Microsoft will investigate if I am really having a problem and if so what it is. It almost sounded like they were calling me a liar.

Thanks for your post. I'm glad to see I'm not alone

fuzz n ga
04-13-2010, 02:41 AM
well i called xbox support tonight to see what the deal was with the DLC maybe i could get my msp back no such luck well actually i hung up on the woman for a couple of reasons 1. she didnt have any idea what i was talking about had to explain what achievements were 2. she couldnt understand english i had to spell the game name 3 times my gamertag 5 times so maybe there will be someone i can talk to tomorrow that understands english better

psitaylor
04-13-2010, 02:15 PM
well i called xbox support tonight to see what the deal was with the DLC maybe i could get my msp back no such luck well actually i hung up on the woman for a couple of reasons 1. she didnt have any idea what i was talking about had to explain what achievements were 2. she couldnt understand english i had to spell the game name 3 times my gamertag 5 times so maybe there will be someone i can talk to tomorrow that understands english better
Yeah same thing happened to me, first the guy didnt understand what i was saying , then i didnt understand him because he had a bad accent, it ended with him saying there wasnt a problem, and giving me EA`s customer supports number, passing the blame i guess, that guy obviously couldnt be arsed with helping me. Guess my 800 msp are lost forever:(

JeanRob
04-17-2010, 02:17 PM
OK, I called MS and asked for a refund. I've been given the usual bullshit: "Your problem is being transferred to my hierarchy and someone will definitely call you tomorrow (Sunday guys...)".

Wait 'n see as you say in english.

Gigantapithicus
04-19-2010, 01:34 AM
this is total bs come on EA figure it out.

Master_D
04-19-2010, 08:35 AM
Shenron, Jean you're not alone. I posted in the original thread about my endeavors on a pursuit of a refund. Apologies for the hiatus. It seems we are damned if we do, and damned if we don't.

A bit late but @ BosmaniaK

You have no concept of money, and no understanding of principle. You're obviously completely oblivious to the current state of the world's economy.
Your logic is without merit.

Cheers

JeanRob
04-19-2010, 10:14 AM
Apologies for the hiatus.
No need to apologize man, you're the most dedicated of all of us to resolve this issue.

On an another note, so much for my sarcasm. Microsoft did effectively call me back yesterday morning (9:25 Sunday!) and 2 times today. I rarely leave my mobile phone, and even less let it run out of battery. Guess what happened...

Anyway, they want to check some things regarding my/our problem. I'm fairly sure they'll want me to erase the cache, redownload the DLC and recover my gamertag...:chair

Lord Zodiac
04-19-2010, 03:40 PM
Keep us updated. Microsoft at least responds propmtly to trouble, trying to get a response from EA is like pulling teeth.

JeanRob
04-20-2010, 09:56 AM
I'm writing this message while on the phone with Microsoft support.
My god do they are "stupid"...

Even when I tell her what the problem is, she insists on doing a "license transfer" to solve the problem. Argh! And since we are not enough to ask for a refund, their system doesn't show that there is a problem.
"Ok sir, I have done it, now can you try the game?"
"........ It will take a good 25 minutes to unlock anything.........."
"Can I call you back later?"

I won't be getting my points back. It's the second time I'm screwed because of a DLC not working properly (last time was with Burnout Paradise) and Microsoft being stubborn on doing things that are utterly useless > <

JeanRob
04-20-2010, 02:14 PM
Ok, they called me back, and like I feared: NO REFUND.

"Please look at EA's website or forums to see if they will make a patch."

EA Shenron
04-20-2010, 06:34 PM
In my opinion, there's no more hope to get a refund from microsoft now that EA acknowledged the glitch and announced they were working on a patch.
I was really confident when I wrote the first post but right now, I no longer think the same.
let's hope they will really fix it.

Filter x360a
04-21-2010, 02:18 AM
In my opinion, there's no more hope to get a refund from microsoft now that EA acknowledged the glitch and announced they were working on a patch.
I was really confident when I wrote the first post but right now, I no longer think the same.
let's hope they will really fix it.

Agreed, as long as EA have publicly said they are working on it, I doubt anyone will get a refund. You'll just be told to wait longer.

Master_D
04-21-2010, 05:20 AM
Well I haven't been shot down yet, I received a call back today, however the "supervisor" seems confused on the problem. He didn't seem to understand what I meant when I said "its a broken product". I think I'm getting a little more effort put into my 'investigation' as I dropped every name I spoke to over at EA...even names I didn't speak to ;) that told me to contact MS for a refund. I want my ^&*(ing $10!

JeanRob
04-21-2010, 06:34 AM
He didn't seem to understand what I meant when I said "its a broken product".

Same here. They just don't get it.
For them, a broken product is something you can't play with. And they will stick to their checklist, no matter what you say.

That's the problem of having an hotline in a foreign country that doesn't even know/undertsand what it's talking about.

If only we could speak to a develloper...

Agreed, as long as EA have publicly said they are working on it, I doubt anyone will get a refund. You'll just be told to wait longer.
True.

But allow me to stay pessimistic. EA took more than a year to release patch 1.5 for Battlefield 2 after having announced it. And sometimes they never release a patch. Unless Microsoft puts pressure on them, we'll be screwed.

Sylv
04-24-2010, 07:01 AM
Chriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiist guys. I thought playing games was about playing the game, not gamerpoints. If it isn't I may as well give up now, like you guys should on real life.

I dont care if I didnt get achievements, at the end of the day I got an extension on the game, which adittedly wasn't that great anyway, but nonetheless, I still got to play more.

I can understand peoples arguments about not getting what they should out of the money they paid, but as I said, people play games to play games, not get gamerpoints

xRogue 5x
04-24-2010, 07:26 AM
You realize that this is xbox360ACHIEVEMENTS.org not xbox360playgamesforfun.org.

FarmerJay
04-24-2010, 08:12 AM
Chriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiist guys. I thought playing games was about playing the game, not gamerpoints. If it isn't I may as well give up now, like you guys should on real life.

I dont care if I didnt get achievements, at the end of the day I got an extension on the game, which adittedly wasn't that great anyway, but nonetheless, I still got to play more.

I can understand peoples arguments about not getting what they should out of the money they paid, but as I said, people play games to play games, not get gamerpoints

Almost everything in life revolves around achievements. For example, there wouldn't be Olympics or sports without working towards a goal or an achievement (a trophy or medal). Even for careers, you work towards achievements to get promotions and better jobs. So, sorry if some of us take pride in everything we do and don't like to half @ss things.

JeanRob
04-24-2010, 09:15 AM
I thought playing games was about playing the game, not gamerpoints.

Almost everything in life revolves around achievements.

2 valid points.

Sylv, you're totally right when saying that we should have fun playing video-GAMES. But please understand that some of us find it quite entertaining to earn those **** achievements. It's part of the fun for us. And we are not brainwashed to the point of maxing every game if the achievements are stupidly time consumming and/or annoying (at least, I am).

And the main point of our rant is not about having the achievements but more about not accepting to be raped by a company that sell broken products and say "To hell with the customers!".

Let's go for a crappy metaphor. Imagine buying a race car, you do generally intend to win the race while having a huge amount of fun, don't you? What would happen if the steering column was loose making you fight with the car to at least reach the finish line without crashing?
No fun, no prize, feeling of having spent your money for nothing?
And you would ask for seconds to the car company after they told you to piss off because they know they make crappy cars but won't fix them?

I don't think so.

TR3NCHED
04-25-2010, 02:47 AM
I got a refund and 2 months of live claiming i was sold imcomplete DLC, i said i understood the no refund policy but i did not get what i paid for. I also said i would stop buying DLC and the word PS3 might have come up ;)

If they arent retarded, they are pretty much required to keep you happy.

F TANK
05-11-2010, 09:48 PM
I was cordial when I called today and although it was a foreign call center I was happy that nobody was patronizing. I was moved up to a manager who nervously told me that although he was aware of people having problems with the DLC, MS doesn't have anything to do with the release of DLC nor it's pricing (Both of which we all know by now is BS) and it's out of their hands. He said he made a note which he will pass on but said a refund is unlikely.
The last thing I'd ever want to do is put on an act to be a total prick to someone just following protocol, but isn't MS at fault as well since everything is supposed to get their stamp of approval before release?
Is there someone in position I shouldd ask for should I call back?

SparkaieWhyRfc1
06-13-2010, 12:08 PM
Ok I Spent 40 Minutes On Hold FORTY :o

And Then When I Got An Response The Customer Support Person Couldn't Understand Me At All

I Hung Up At 44 Minutes :L

viper_gts25
06-28-2010, 04:32 AM
I didnt buy the dlc but i support you guys all the way i had gotten broken dlc before i know what its like. all i did with mine was complained for 30 minunts rainting how they should of looked over there finish product telling them that i would buy another dlc and that i would convert over to my ps3 (u know the idle microsoft threats) and i was told that a refund was unlikly so i gave up. A day later i go on my x box and noticed when i went to by a arcade game that i had more microsoft points then i previeusly had so i had gest i got my refund. i dont know if any of that would help any of u guys but if it does i was glad to help

Fueled by Rage
02-05-2011, 03:15 AM
Everyone seems to forget M$ biggest gimmick,including themselves, is Achievements. Gotta get gamerscore! In just about everything in the 360 is gamerscore oriented yet when you call Xbox support it seems that Achievements never been heard of. I have not called support on Chpters of Deceit but I called about the Hoth level on The Firce Unleashed. Of course nothing was done.There's alot to be said about a company that can't stand behind it's own pitch!

ScottyFJ
03-24-2011, 11:41 PM
still can't believe this hasn't been resolved:eek:

litepink
05-20-2011, 05:53 PM
I realize most of the posts are 1+ years old but here's my 2 cents:

You cannot call foreign call centers about achievement/in-game issues. You are wasting your time. Blame MS for cutting costs and outsourcing, but don't blame THEM (the foreign workers) personally.

In my expierience, emailing the developer/publisher usually doesn't help either! I emailed Lucasarts about a Lego Star Wars achievement GLITCH, and they said "we don't give gamplay tips or cheats."

However, there was an issue with Pac-Man CE DX for WP7, and they actually emailed back another forum member with clarification, as the description is deceptive and vague. Kudos to Namco.

Snoop QC
05-21-2011, 12:17 AM
For the people who want to get refund from Microsoft good luck because I tried and it didn't worked. But in this subforum is a thread that shows a solution has been found to reset the stats and finally get the glitched achievements.