PDA

View Full Version : No Fighting In The War Room.

Mashew Tiernan
04-07-2010, 12:16 PM
To me, this mission is unbeatable on veteran.
Im stuck at the part after you fight through the storage area with all the crates and such, and your in the tight boiler like rooms?
i have about 5 mins left and i cant get to the big set of doors up the other end. i always die or get to them with like 60 seconds left so i dont get a checkpoint...any good stratergy?

hesco donkey
04-07-2010, 01:53 PM
I think i did the entire mission as a bit of a run and gun, but finding plenty of cover to throw some grens and recover abit. Not easy tho. good luck

Hamburgerous
04-07-2010, 02:05 PM
This mission is tough and by the amount of time you've got left, I'd say you've not played the earlier part fast enough. I had to restart a few times especially when I got to that AGONISINGLY slow opening door. On the plus side that door is near the end but you have to clear a room after it, breach a wall and clear the war room AND enter the codes and 60 seconds isn't really enough time for mortals like you and I.

The best advise I can give you is use flash grenades and push as hard as you can. You will die A LOT, but every time you do you'll learn to save a few seconds here and there and eventually you'll get it. Flash grenades are hugely unreliable, anything blocking Line of Sight even slighty renders them useless which makes the lips around the doors in this section all the more frustrating.

As I say, probably your best bet is to start the mission over and haul ass though the easier bit to give yourself a bit of a break when the clock is nearly out.

Good luck.

DarkAssassin357
04-08-2010, 03:23 PM
Yep, you pretty much have no choice but to restart the mission and go as fast as possible. I didnt beat this mission until over a year after the game came out becuase it is so hard and I gave up for about 7 months lol. Once you go through the rooms over and over you should learn where the guys are coming from and know when and where to throw 'nades, etc. Just keep trying and you will eventually get it :)

DarkAssassin357
04-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Oh and by the way, "Mile High Club" is even harder than this, fyi :(

Spanish Assault
04-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Oh and by the way, "Mile High Club" is even harder than this, fyi :(
Oh yeah it is...

Just lots of well placed flash bangs...once you get into the room it's pretty easy from there.

Ashinho206
04-12-2010, 10:24 AM
This level makes me sad.
I can get nearly all the way through without dying, but I'm too slow for the checkpoints. So when I die I have to start right at the beginning again.

Can anyone advise me on where the checkpoints are, or tell me where I need to be at a certain time?

CanuckLefty
04-12-2010, 12:43 PM
The checkpoint timing was my biggest obstacle as well, for what I considered the toughest stage in the game. I finally beat it yesterday, however.

Get to the stairwell by about 7:30
Get through the first long hallway by 6:00
Get through the second set of rooms/hallway to the big bay door by 3:00.

By the three-minute mark, you won't actually be able to get into the room until about 2:00 remaining since the doors open so slowly, but it only took me probably 50 seconds to clear the room.

As you've noticed, if you're significantly behind any of these times, the checkpoints will not trigger. You may have a little leeway with them, but these are the numbers I encountered yesterday. It's also worth noting that for Heat and One Shot, One Kill, I was still about 30 seconds away from getting on the chopper when the timer ran out, but because it was in my sights, I was able to get on board. Does this translate to the nukes being fired? Tough to say, but worth considering.

Masterbelg
04-12-2010, 08:02 PM
Just try different ways and than choose the best and keep trying that one. Learn the positions of the enemy on your path and when possible just ran forward trying to get a checkpoint. Do this until you reach the 'boiling rooms' (when in front of you is a long hallway where a lot of enemies are and to get there you have to take either the right or the left lane). When you are there lay just next to one of the lanes and move each time a bit more to the opening until you can shoot the enemy inside. shoot both sides and than choose a side to continue. do the same again but now only for your chosen side. Than you can turn right to get in the long hallway but don't run, first take out the enemy at the other side. now continue the mission it ain't really hard anymore.

Basic method: Try and Die

Good luck to all the guys who still have to make this mission!

Masterbelg
04-12-2010, 08:04 PM
I finded this mission even more harder than mile high club.
mile high club ain't that hard, if you can make it through the ground floor just through a flash and you can run. This one is a lot harder

Mashew Tiernan
04-15-2010, 02:53 PM
Thanks for all this help guys, i got to the same checkpoint but now i have 7 minutes and 45 seconds. :P
Tried 24 times and then gave up so meh ima start out on trying to do The mile high club again. But that will probably piss me off and bring me back to this...
I will update this thread if i can get this achievement...but dont hold your breathe anyone hehe

Snoop QC
04-25-2010, 02:52 PM
Restart the mission and go as fast as you can, you don't and won't need to kill everything anyway so it's just a matter of clearing any ennemy in your path with headshots preferably. Also, your AI teammate may help you a bit.

mikelr1
04-25-2010, 05:40 PM
These two videos show how to beat the level on veteran.
Following them it only took me a few hours to beat it, those checkpoints are so frustrating!

http://nextgenwalkthroughs.com/guide?seq=62&game=53
http://nextgenwalkthroughs.com/guide?seq=63&game=53

o COV I JA x
04-25-2010, 05:48 PM
On veteran i just keep at it until i get real lucky

Barad
04-26-2010, 12:40 PM
This and Mile High Club is all I have left :/ Done this on hardcore a milllion times but veteran? NOOOOOOOO :mad:

randy2084
05-07-2010, 01:34 AM
The NextGenWalkthroughs videos are great...I used some of them for MW2 as well.

This mission on Veteran gave me such a hard time that I literally almost destroyed my controller over it! I was stuck on the part before you get to the blast doors...Where the barricaded room is. I finally was able to make the checkpoint at the blast doors after four nights...Here are some tips I learned that will hopefully save hours of frustration for others:

* There are flashbangs and frag grenades on the floor to the right just before the cross corridor in the room with the barricade.

* It helps to fire a grenade from your M203 as you come around the corner to the room with the barricade. If you do this right, you can take out two enemy soldiers and sometimes spectacularly send them flying in front of you. Hopefully, right after this, another enemy will come out of the cross corridor to the left. Hug the left wall and take him out quick. Move to the right wall. Directly in front of you will be the aforementioned grenades. GRAB THEM! Try not to be taken out from direct fire from enemies on the other side of the barricade. Be on the lookout for enemies emerging from the cross corridor on the left and right. Hopefully, they won't pop out. Throw a frag grenade down the corridor to the left and follow that up with a fashbang -- trying to aim it towards the end of the hall (don't poke your head too far in the line of sight of either the left or right entrance though). Immediately throw another flashbang down the corridor to the right and run down it. Take out the (hopefully stunned) enemy at the end who was waiting to kill you and go prone. Kill the one or two guys who come through the opening into the next hallway to your left. Advance prone and keep shooting down the hall. There are like 4-5 enemies in that hallway and the room at the end. Don't advance 'til you think you've cleared it. Then run to the round room at the end going prone before you enter it. Take out the guy who runs into this room from the left. Advance prone and clear the hallway to the left -- should be 3-4 enemies in that. Make sure you take out the enemy soldiers at the far end in another circular room before you run out to the hallway to join up with your team and run to the right to the blast door.

* Right before the blast door to the left is a dead end with a red strobe. There will be more flashbangs here -- GET THEM. Throw one right before the opening between the blast doors is wide enough for you to fit. You should hear an enemy shout something in Russian, that's your cue to thow and run. Run to the room on the right, making sure to take out the enemy in that room (if he's still alive). Or you can take the coward way (like me!) and go prone and throw another flash bang and take out the couple of guys in front of the blast door opening before running to the room. From inside the room, you can shoot down the hallway where you need to go next.

* Make sure you leave at least one flashbang to throw after you breach the wall to get to the control room. Throw it as soon as you breach the wall and go prone. You can shoot the enemies above you, but your team should actually do most of the work here. Wait to hear that the room has been cleared. The terminal you need to enter the codes is in the second row and to your right after you enter the breached wall.