PDA

View Full Version : Nic Cage Talks Ghost Rider Sequel

B1GM13
04-07-2010, 03:55 PM
While at Wondercon this past weekend, comic book movie veteran Nic Cage briefly commented on the change in tone for the sequel to 2007's Ghost Rider. When asked if the film will go for a [hard] R rating, Cage said:

"I'm not sure, I liked the first one a lot. I liked what Mark Steven Johnson did with 'Ghost Rider'. It was sort of, like, if Walt Disney had taken Faust and had made one of his spectacular fairy tales out of [it]. But you can't really do that with kids, because of the subject matter"

"I think that 'Ghost Rider 2' tends to go to a darker, harder edge," Cage continued, "but we'll see what happens. It's also more international."

Source - ComicBookMovie.com

I really do hope that they attempt to make this a little bit more serious!

Tussell
04-07-2010, 04:39 PM
Ha! What a joke! I remember sitting through this entire movie with my friends at the theater and laughing every two seconds. I'm not even exaggerating to make the movie sound bad, we really did.

They could have made the movie so much better...

Iconoclast
04-07-2010, 08:19 PM
Oh noes! Not a sequel! Was the first one not bad enough? Seriously...that was probably one of the worst movies I've seen...two hours I'll never get back.

Phil the Bear
04-07-2010, 08:24 PM
I concur, don't do it Nic!

Although he was finally in a good movie in Kick-Ass recently. Shame about all the dross he has done recently.

Sambuca Queen
04-07-2010, 10:23 PM
Hasnt someone killed Nic Cage yet? They should after the first epic fail.

Tussell
04-07-2010, 10:48 PM
Hasnt someone killed Nic Cage yet? They should after the first epic fail.
If his first film was Ghost Rider, I can definitely see why anyone would want Nicholas Cage dead. However, his acting career is actually phenomenal and it will be a sad day in movie history when he ends up dying.

BarbaricGoose
04-07-2010, 11:29 PM
If his first film was Ghost Rider, I can definitely see why anyone would want Nicholas Cage dead. However, his acting career is actually phenomenal and it will be a sad day in movie history when he ends up dying.

I can see wanting him dead if you've only seen Con Air, as well.

Tussell
04-08-2010, 12:02 AM
I can see wanting him dead if you've only seen Con Air, as well.
Con Air is a sick movie, I don't know what you're talking about.

mickspawn
04-08-2010, 12:38 AM
Ghost Rider was one of the worst movies ever, i watched 20 mins and it went bye byes..

xSh4rpxSh0tx
04-08-2010, 01:16 AM
The first Ghost Rider was bad, but anything's better than Queen Cobra. Worst movie ever.

R Rated Love
04-08-2010, 06:11 AM
He has had a few good movies, I must admit, but overall he has a tendency of making for really boring characters. Of all the movies to make a sequel of, though, this is not one I'd have picked. (The Weatherman 2, anybody?)

DOOKH8R
04-08-2010, 06:17 AM
Plus he was in Fast Times at Ridgemont High under his real name Nicholas Coppola, oh and Valley Girl

Iconoclast
04-08-2010, 06:21 AM
Con Air is a sick movie, I don't know what you're talking about.

I agree; I loved Con Air. And let's not forget about The Rock with Sean Connery and Ed Harris...I <3 that movie :)

domn8rdom
04-08-2010, 06:35 AM
hahaha a sequel? nicholas cage will do ghost rider AGAIN but keanu reeves wont make a constantine sequel?? does that make any sense??

I would have turned off ghost rider in the first 15 minutes but Eva Mendes was in the movie and i cant keep my eyes off of her LMAO

Kazenji
04-08-2010, 06:57 AM
Only good thing with the first Ghost Rider for me personally was when he was on the screen riding around.

Tussell
04-08-2010, 07:43 AM
Plus he was in Fast Times at Ridgemont High under his real name Nicholas Coppola...
I was actually going to mention Fast Times at Ridgemont High, though I decided not to as it wasn't much of a major role. Nice to see someone else posted it though, not many people know about it.

I agree; I loved Con Air. And let's not forget about The Rock with Sean Connery and Ed Harris...I <3 that movie :)
I was a bit upset with your, for lack of a better term, hatred of the Scream series, though you never stated there was actual 'hate', rather just didn't like it. However, lately you've been showing some real taste in some good stuff! Cheers! :drunk

...Eva Mendes was in the movie and i cant keep my eyes off of her LMAO
Lets face it, was there any other redeeming aspect to the film other than her? I don't think so...

B1GM13
04-08-2010, 08:29 AM
Such words of wisdom you speak.

these are incredible Nic Cage movies.... and he was pretty awesome in Kick-Ass too!

Nozza XBA
04-08-2010, 08:46 AM
As much as we dont want a new GR movie, it looks like there just may be one!

Nic is a good actor and he was pure laughs in Kiss-Ass! Con Air is an awsome film as well but making another GR is not a right move..

Who knows.. Its maybe good? PAH what am I saying. No its not lol.

rvlution
04-08-2010, 03:00 PM
I guess I was young and naive because I enjoyed Ghost Rider... Don't kill me...

Iconoclast
04-08-2010, 04:12 PM
This thread just reminded me...I watched The Wickerman once...and I think I was probably pretty high, but that movie just didn't do it for me. Maybe I couldn't understand it, but I just couldn't seem to wrap my head around what was happening. Although, maybe if I watched it now I'd have a different opinion...ugh, but I swore to myself I'd never watch that nonsense again. I stick with my original "it blew" sentiment.

Sambuca Queen
04-08-2010, 06:08 PM
This thread just reminded me...I watched The Wickerman once...and I think I was probably pretty high, but that movie just didn't do it for me. Maybe I couldn't understand it, but I just couldn't seem to wrap my head around what was happening. Although, maybe if I watched it now I'd have a different opinion...ugh, but I swore to myself I'd never watch that nonsense again. I stick with my original "it blew" sentiment.

Watch the original, not the remake shite. Ill admit Con Air and The Rock are fucking awesome Nic Cage films, but some of it, like Ghost Rider, is awful.

Tussell
04-08-2010, 06:12 PM
Yeah, I'm going to back up Sambuca and say go with the original. It's awesome.

DOOKH8R
04-08-2010, 06:19 PM
I wish they would make a Carter Slade Ghost Rider Origins with Sam Elliot

Ryan2099
04-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Am I the only person who thought "Ghost Rider" was a legitimately good movie? Being serious about this:confused:

I don't think a Nic Cage sequel would be bad. I do think the "Blackheart" character was a joke but the movie was good.

Tussell
04-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Am I the only person who thought "Ghost Rider" was a legitimately good movie?
Probably... I mean, what the hell was there to like about it? Not to mention he looked like an idiot. Worst CGI ever!

Terrible acting, terrible CGI, it's just an overall shitfest!

YouTube- Ghost Rider escapes

domn8rdom
04-08-2010, 07:33 PM
Am I the only person who thought "Ghost Rider" was a legitimately good movie? Being serious about this:confused:

I don't think a Nic Cage sequel would be bad. I do think the "Blackheart" character was a joke but the movie was good.

HAHAHA i was going to report your post for saying ghost rider was a good movie HAHAHAHA JKJKJK

You can like ghost rider but for me i thought the acting was horrible, special effects were horrible, plot was terrible and the only thing good was Eva Mendes. To make ghost rider a good movie for me would be having a scene like training day with Eva Mendes hahaha

Tussell
04-08-2010, 07:34 PM
What I personally think should happen is Nolan should stop touching the Batman movies and hit up Ghost Rider.

Iconoclast
04-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Worst CGI ever!

I couldn't agree more. It looked like they paid some techie to do the CGI out of his parents' basement. In fact, I don't think I can even think of a movie with CGI that comes even remotely close to as bad as it was in Ghost Rider.

DarthSoth
04-08-2010, 08:14 PM
hahaha a sequel? nicholas cage will do ghost rider AGAIN but keanu reeves wont make a constantine sequel?? does that make any sense??

I would have turned off ghost rider in the first 15 minutes but Eva Mendes was in the movie and i cant keep my eyes off of her LMAO

Dude I would love a Constantine sequel. Such a good movie.

As for Nic Cage, Raising Arizona is all I'm going to say about him. Classic movie. "You go right back up there and get me a toddler Hi. I want me a baby."

He should make a sequel to that before he goes near Ghost Rider again.

A Satyr
04-08-2010, 08:30 PM
Really thats the worst cgi you've ever seen? Ive seen way worse. I actually liked that scene, thought it was cool. ps never watched the movie

Iconoclast
04-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Really thats the worst cgi you've ever seen? Ive seen way worse...ps never watched the movie

Fail.

You get six thumbs down.

A Satyr
04-08-2010, 09:03 PM
Fail.

You get six thumbs down. You cant say the movie has terrible cgi and then post a scene with good cgi as an example...

Iconoclast
04-08-2010, 10:09 PM
You cant say the movie has terrible cgi and then post a scene with good cgi as an example...

What? You just said you've seen worse CGI, but that you've never actually seen the movie :/

A Satyr
04-08-2010, 10:12 PM
What? You just said you've seen worse CGI, but that you've never actually seen the movie :/ And he posted a scene from the movie, so ive seen part of the movie, and it didnt suck... Ive seen worse then what was posted. Maybe you should post something worse to change my mind.

Iconoclast
04-08-2010, 10:28 PM
And he posted a scene from the movie, so ive seen part of the movie, and it didnt suck... Ive seen worse then what was posted. Maybe you should post something worse to change my mind.

...Maybe you should watch the entire movie before making assumptions based on 2:14 of it :/

Tussell
04-09-2010, 12:59 AM
...Maybe you should watch the entire movie before making assumptions based on 2:14 of it :/
Agreed! You can't really base it on that 2:14. I mean, if you find that scene to be full of cinematic achievement, then maybe you'd like the rest of the movie, but personally, I find that scene to be absolutely pathetic in every possible way.

A Satyr
04-09-2010, 01:05 AM
If its ever on netflix instant i'll check it out.

Massa Siggy
04-09-2010, 01:09 AM
My first thought when I saw this was "OH MY GOD NO!!!"

I could not stand that movie.

domn8rdom
04-09-2010, 06:16 AM
My first thought when I saw this was "OH MY GOD NO!!!"

I could not stand that movie.

Agree. its like listening to nails on a chalkboard for 2 hours. its unbearable!!

But c'mon people. if you were nicholas cage you would be making a sequel also. WHY YOU ASK?? cuz i bet they will pay him over 10 million to perform acting that i could do after 1 acting class haha

Iconoclast
04-09-2010, 07:10 AM
But c'mon people. if you were nicholas cage you would be making a sequel also. WHY YOU ASK?? cuz i bet they will pay him over 10 million to perform acting that i could do after 1 acting class haha

Unfortunately, I think you're right. It's a shame that some mainstream actors are more interested in money than the quality of the film. It's especially bad in Cage's case, since, he did do some pretty good movies back in the day (but I haven't seen him in anything great anytime recently). That's one of the main reasons I love Shia Labeouf, because he keeps his nose clean, stays out of the limelight (more or less), and only seems to sign onto roles that he thinks are good for him (you all might be thinking of Transformers, but I'm thinking more along the lines of the next Indiana Jones - not to mention, I used to watch him in Even Stevens every Saturday morning when I was younger, boy did I love that show).

Tussell
04-09-2010, 07:12 AM
Unfortunately, I think you're right. It's a shame that some mainstream actors are more interested in money than the quality of the film. It's especially bad in Cage's case, since, he did do some pretty good movies back in the day (but I haven't seen him in anything great anytime recently). That's one of the main reasons I love Shia Labeouf, because he keeps his nose clean, stays out of the limelight (more or less), and only seems to sign onto roles that he thinks are good for him (you all might be thinking of Transformers, but I'm thinking more along the lines of the next Indiana Jones - not to mention, I used to watch him in Even Stevens every Saturday morning when I was younger, boy did I love that show).
Personally the only thing I like of his is his work on the Cage music video 'I Never Knew You' and Even Stevens... I have Eagle Eye, but have yet to watch it.

domn8rdom
04-10-2010, 03:47 AM
Personally the only thing I like of his is his work on the Cage music video 'I Never Knew You' and Even Stevens... I have Eagle Eye, but have yet to watch it.

Even stevens was the best (i should google his sister on the show...wonder what she is doing now?). Eagle Eye is a great movie. and I like Disturbia also. And his small roles in I,Robot and Constantine were good. hes a good actor

Tgisme
04-10-2010, 04:27 AM
Surprised this is getting a sequel. The first one was poor at best. Hopefully this will be put together a little better than the first one, I barely made it through.

BarbaricGoose
04-10-2010, 05:06 AM
Con Air is a sick movie

Nic's accent didn't get that memo, it would seem.

And he posted a scene from the movie, so ive seen part of the movie, and it didnt suck...

I hate to break this to you, but there are parts of every movie that don't suck. That doesn't mean they're good movies, though. I'm sure Fever Pitch had one part in it that I would've... Maybe... *Cringe* Cracked a smile at.