PDA

View Full Version : Will I be lost/confused with story?

Slugger VII
04-08-2010, 09:09 AM
I just pre-ordered this game, but now after thinking about it im scared that the story wont make sense to me or ill be confused due to all the past splinter cell games I never played. Will this one be following the story of the past ones? Will I still get an enjoyable experience playing this one not knowing the past stories?

Nozza XBA
04-08-2010, 09:13 AM
You should be alright.

I normally say you should play the previous games just to learn how they play and to know the charaters etc but this isnt much of a follow-on.

You're pretty much trying to find who killed your daughter who died at the end of DA, so thats the only follow-on from the previous games. It also plays completely differently that the others so everything in the game is new to the SC vets and the newbies.

Slugger VII
04-08-2010, 09:21 AM
I played a little bit of the original but I didn't like them too much because of how slow-paced they were. Maybe this one with the mix of action/stealth will pull it all together for myself! I just hope you stealth buffs get your fix on the game and aren't disappointed cause im really excited for this. And thanks for reply :)

DarthSoth
04-08-2010, 07:55 PM
The only one that will playa part in Convictions story is Double Agent. They may have some little easter eggs in Conviction for the old dogs but nothing too critical. I'm pretty sure they will give you a pretty good Previously on Splinter Cell catch up in conviction though. They are going all out to attract new fans to the franchise so it would make sense to reiterate what got us to this point in the series.

The main thing is that Fisher's Daughter was killed at the beginning of Double Agent by an apparent drunk driver. It is from that that Sam goes under cover in the previous game. The event's of Double Agent will likely have some part in Conviction's overall story arc, most likely with the assitant director of the NSA, but the main thing for Fisher at the start is finding out that his daughter was murdered and it wasn't an accident.

Slugger VII
04-08-2010, 09:05 PM
Does Conviction and DA take place after the original series where he was part of the military? And now its more of him retired but still having kick ass skills to get down to the bottom of who killed his daughter?

DarthSoth
04-09-2010, 04:57 AM
Does Conviction and DA take place after the original series where he was part of the military? And now its more of him retired but still having kick ass skills to get down to the bottom of who killed his daughter?

Basically yes. He was still part of 3rd echelon in DA working under cover for Lambert but he was perceived to have gone rogue by the rest of the agency and then he officially did go rogue after the events of DA.

xXh00kXx
04-12-2010, 04:05 AM
I just pre-ordered this game, but now after thinking about it im scared that the story wont make sense to me or ill be confused due to all the past splinter cell games I never played. Will this one be following the story of the past ones? Will I still get an enjoyable experience playing this one not knowing the past stories?

You will be alright :)

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R
04-12-2010, 11:37 AM
basically

first 3 games are standalone really.
double agent his daughter is killed in a drink drive accident, sams depressed and takes on the toughest job in the agency, double agent role because he has nothing to live for.
by the end the company he works for think hes rouge because the only guy who knew he wasnt awol is dead

flash to now and enjoy