PDA

View Full Version : Review the Demo here.

ScottCorno1987
04-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Ok, firstly non FIFA players will just think its another release of same old same old FIFA.... well it isn't.

1. Keepers are much more intelligent.
2. Graphics are very slick (but shirt numbers and badges still look a little weird)
3. Confetti around the edge of the pitch is a nice touch.
4. Dribbling is much tighter, the best players have a much better first touch and are better moving with the ball.

It was a definite buy for me before I'd played the demo... and it hasn't changed.

For me it will be R.I.P. FIFA 10 in 22 days and hello World Cup 2010!!!

And here's a replay of my 1st goal
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/18744786

Darf Spud
04-08-2010, 02:01 PM
The demo is good, and the game will be awesome (especially the Story of Finals or whatever it's called), but my one complaint is the 2-minute halves, it should have been 4-mins so you can get a better feel of the game.

CFC07
04-08-2010, 02:01 PM
i think it is good the best part is the fact that the goalies are so much better not a big fan of the commentators thou

Bl0oDiE H3dSh0t
04-08-2010, 02:29 PM
Tell you what, i am much more of a pes fan but this demo is sick as!!

Simply because, the graphics ; it has nice details on it such as the confetti around the pitch, also it looks a pretty good game in the long run and will be a nice enjoying game.

Slater 94
04-08-2010, 02:32 PM
I quite like the new celebration system, the fact that the
camera zooms onto your guy is quite a nice touch.

Daiphyer.
04-08-2010, 07:17 PM
I don't usually play Football games for a long term, but I could imagine myself playing this game for a long, long time. The graphics were very impressive, the gameplay was so fluid and fun. And the fact that you have every nationals team is a win win.

J BARNSLEY
04-08-2010, 10:47 PM
i think it is good the best part is the fact that the goalies are so much better not a big fan of the commentators thou

Yeah, the keepers have been improved especially their positioning. I quite like the change in commentary simply because its different, although id rather have andy gray as co commentator than townsend anyday :)

CFC07
04-09-2010, 11:32 AM
Yeah, the keepers have been improved especially their positioning. I quite like the change in commentary simply because its different, although id rather have andy gray as co commentator than townsend anyday :)
Ya lol nice change but rather the old commentators

hippymanjas
04-09-2010, 11:35 AM
Sounds like it's getting a good review...EA are making the effort this in International Cup title... About time!

RYARNI
04-09-2010, 11:43 AM
I agree with most of the positive comments.

Very glad you can turn off the buzzing vuvuzelas (sp?), nice touch that.

Replays are better, slow-mo bits are quality.

You can turn off the mid action shots (i.e. looking at the manager and fans etc). Its good to see and adds to the atmosphere but im sure itll get tiresome, so nice to have the option.

General gameplay feels tighter, and i definitely agree about the keepers, Casillas pulled off some amazing saves against me. Its not just a case of it bouncing off him and if you get the ball youve scored, he'll jump up and pull off another save in a shorter amount of time.

RYARNI
04-09-2010, 11:44 AM

Andy Gray talks complete trash at times, in this game and in real life. The FIFA 09 commentary add on was a must for me.

RYARNI
04-09-2010, 11:47 AM
The demo is good, and the game will be awesome (especially the Story of Finals or whatever it's called), but my one complaint is the 2-minute halves, it should have been 4-mins so you can get a better feel of the game.

I think the idea behind this is to stop people doing what I found myself doing. Got rid of FIFA 10 for a while, and everytime I got the urge to have a game I just played the demo, 4mins a half, harder difficulty, got it out of my system and played something else lol. In the least it leave you wanting more this time round.

ScottCorno1987
04-09-2010, 02:02 PM

Think the commentators have been chosen because Sky don't cover the world cup.

Games (in the UK at least) are covered by BBC and ITV.... and I think Tylsley and Townend are a ITV partnership.

Would have preferred BBC tbh... someone with Mark Lawrenson!!

RYARNI
04-09-2010, 02:22 PM

Games (in the UK at least) are covered by BBC and ITV.... and I think Tylsley and Townend are a ITV partnership.

Sure he was on one of a PES games, monotoned as ever.

matty cheetham
04-09-2010, 04:53 PM
I think the Demo was fantastic, i just hope they have more online options being an avid fan of Pro club championship and Online team play i really hope they include them so me and my friends can have a laugh online without having to resort to FIFA 10's older, less refined gameplay.

CFC07
04-09-2010, 11:28 PM
Andy Gray talks complete trash at times, in this game and in real life. The FIFA 09 commentary add on was a must for me.
i no he does but i dont like the other ones

CFC07
04-09-2010, 11:31 PM

ya maybe or else sky commentators are only contracted to fifa 09,10 etc. cause there not on champions league or euro 08 game

Agent Earl
04-10-2010, 10:44 PM
ive never bought a soccer game before but im def buying this one, the demo was awesome and my friends getting it too. should be a lot of fun

IXISHADOW
04-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Enjoyed/Enjoying the demo so I decided to cancel my orders for Skate 3 and Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands and preordered this.

Bax x360a
04-11-2010, 08:56 PM
Check out my review of the demo HERE (http://wedonetwork.co.uk/wedotech/2010/04/08/2010-fifa-world-cup-demo-impressionspreview/).

hardcore gamer
04-12-2010, 01:48 AM
I haven't played FIFA or any football games for years but the demo was great, I'll definitely be getting it. I'm coming down with World Cup fever.

SemperVerus
04-13-2010, 05:18 PM

Lawrenson is a clown!!! talks total BS!!! Gotta be Motson from the BBC just coz he's mental!

As for the demo, felt much more responsive and pacier. All the small tweaks and made a very impressive footy game.

McKenzie
04-13-2010, 11:42 PM
Lawrenson is a clown!!! talks total BS!!! Gotta be Motson from the BBC just coz he's mental!

As for the demo, felt much more responsive and pacier. All the small tweaks and made a very impressive footy game.

How about Gary Lineker?:p

II M1CK3H II
04-16-2010, 11:02 AM

Mark Lawrenson is a disgrace to football.

Plus hes one of those old bastards who hates all technology and thinks people who use the internet are geeks, therefore putting him in a video game would be a dreadful decision anyway.

louie4
04-18-2010, 10:21 AM
Come on england!!!

Maybe, just maybe **

CFC07
04-18-2010, 07:14 PM
Come on england!!!

Maybe, just maybe **
not going to happen

louie4
04-18-2010, 08:53 PM
Maybe

Play Joe Hart, Dawson and Milner starting!!!

Hart = best keeper in league this year

Dawson = best centre back (defo better than Terry after his affair)

Milner = quality

ScottCorno1987
04-19-2010, 12:26 PM
Maybe

Play Joe Hart, Dawson and Milner starting!!!

Hart = best keeper in league this year

Dawson = best centre back (defo better than Terry after his affair)

Milner = quality

Agree about Hart and Milner, not sure about Dawson.

I think its really important Fabio looks beyond Lamps+Gerrard in the middle, I don't think either have been great this season, for club or country.

TROPA DE ELITE
04-26-2010, 08:33 PM
the demo is great a bit short but great. does anybody know who would do they dutch commentary hope it is not yuri mulder and evert ten apel.
because they just suck :)

RolfWB
04-27-2010, 06:44 PM
the demo is great a bit short but great. does anybody know who would do they dutch commentary hope it is not yuri mulder and evert ten apel.
because they just suck :)

Haha i hope so 2.
2 many times they just shout something random that doesn't happens on the pitch.
Thats why I turned english commentary on.