PDA

View Full Version : Question about the actual arcade games

samsaBEAR
04-08-2010, 04:57 PM
Hey, so I downloaded Game Room, and the two game packs, expecting to actually be able to play the games. The description on the game packs says:
'Grab your quarters! Straight from the '70s and '80s, Game Pack 001 features eight arcade games from Atari and Konami, three Atari 2600 games, and four Intellivision games.'
This, to me, suggest that they're free? But apparently you then have to pay for the games, which seems kinda stupid considering the description basically implies that they are free.
Is it me being stupid, and missing something, or do you then have to buy the games?

pooon
04-08-2010, 05:24 PM
Well it does say grab your quarters. You can buy tokens for 40 points (roughly 50 cents) as you would in an actual arcade. You start with with 20.

Firegod83
04-09-2010, 09:37 PM
Not really sure where you get Free out of that, but even a 20 second search would have told you that you need to pay for them.

mietha CAG
04-09-2010, 09:45 PM
Well it does say grab your quarters. You can buy tokens for 40 points (roughly 50 cents) as you would in an actual arcade. You start with with 20.
Tokens are not the same thing as paid game plays. 5 tokens gets you a second demo (basically). 40ms points gets you a single ranked play. The ranked play can earn medals, the demo can not.