PDA

View Full Version : Fable 3 Co-op really needs to have this.

AsianCheese
04-08-2010, 10:44 PM
I am tired of playing co-op with a friend because we have to be in the same place and share the same screen.Like if I ever want to go to a bar and my friend is away .. I have to wait for him to be back because I cannot move anywhere ,but just run around the area where he is.So for fable 3 I think they should remove that and let us run around like for example.

If our friend is away we can walk anywhere we want like the other side of town or a dungeon.

So yeah.. I think Lionhead studios should put that in the game to make it fair for us players.

The Pants Party
04-09-2010, 12:04 AM
They already announced it would have this feature. I'm not sure which article it was announced in, but here is all the Fable 3 news we've run. It's in one of them, probably a few actually.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/fable-3/overview/

AsianCheese
04-09-2010, 01:11 AM
Well I hope to get my hands on the game because fable is my 2nd most favorite rpg game.. "1st is oblivion ^_^"

The Pants Party
04-09-2010, 02:27 AM
In one of those articles they also are quoted as saying "Fable 3 is not an RPG" - with all the changes they are making to the game mechanics and play style, it will be considered an Action/Adventure game now. :(

Jattro
04-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Well as long as they use the co-op system of borderlands where you can walk as far as you can from each other as you want. And it'd be good if getting your hero in someone's game will be really there, because you never know if it'll be implented untill the game is finished.

Volzagia
04-11-2010, 02:25 PM
If it has that old style of being stuck on the same camera then im gonna be pissed.

Delmaru
04-12-2010, 01:44 AM
Well as long as they use the co-op system of borderlands where you can walk as far as you can from each other as you want. And it'd be good if getting your hero in someone's game will be really there, because you never know if it'll be implented untill the game is finished.

Yeah, Borderlands had the splitscreen right. You still had to be in the same area, but at least you could go off and do your own thing, including buying and selling. I loved it in Borderlands. I'm sure Fable 3 will have great Co-op. Now if only it fixed Splitscreen, or whatever you want to call it.

jtr1gg3r
04-12-2010, 08:24 AM
If you read oxm magazine this months issue says you can take your hero (and dog) into your friends world and be business partners and get married and stuff lol

mp looks like its gonna be EPIC

NightUlf
04-12-2010, 08:51 AM
It will be a shame if this game becomes less of an RPG, and more of an action/adventure game.
But this game does need to make that coop feature a hell of a lot better than in the second.
Lets hope they sort it out right, and hopefully release it with a lot less bugs and glitches.

izunadropclb
04-18-2010, 02:35 PM
According to the Official Xbox Magazine; Fable III's multiplayer is being entirely reformatted as "For a start, when your friend joins you, they'll arrive as their own character, replete with their own abilities, their own gear and their own dog... If they fancy wandering off to the other side of the game world to do their own thing, including quests, they will be able to".

Futhermore "any gold, items or followers that are accumulated in someone else's game can be brought back into your own. Players can even become business partners and pool their money".

jtr1gg3r
04-19-2010, 07:33 AM
According to the Official Xbox Magazine; Fable III's multiplayer is being entirely reformatted as "For a start, when your friend joins you, they'll arrive as their own character, replete with their own abilities, their own gear and their own dog... If they fancy wandering off to the other side of the game world to do their own thing, including quests, they will be able to".

Futhermore "any gold, items or followers that are accumulated in someone else's game can be brought back into your own. Players can even become business partners and pool their money".

I read that too, sounds epic

izunadropclb
04-19-2010, 04:20 PM
The multiplayer changes sound great but I'm really excited about the direction they're taking Fable III, I love the idea of being the King of Albion and making decisions that effect the games entire landscape.

Also, an overhaul of the repetitive combat system is appealing, as is the prospect of having problems that can be solved not solely by combat.

Spawn 0f Hell
04-19-2010, 05:47 PM
If you read oxm magazine this months issue says you can take your hero (and dog) into your friends world and be business partners and get married and stuff lol

mp looks like its gonna be EPIC

Marry me? lol ;)

phenominality
04-25-2010, 06:38 PM
Interesting idea to make a co-op rpg like they did, but they sure made it a pain to join a friend's world. I would always have people want me to go help them do stuff in their game, and after a while i was like, "can't i just tell you what u need to do?" ;)

RudeBoy TK
05-01-2010, 04:57 AM
I am Very happy when there is a multiplayer co-op mode :S

Pavonis
05-04-2010, 01:32 AM
The multiplayer seems to have been changed for the better from what I'm reading; it sounds awesome! This and Red Dead Redemption, for me, are the must buy games of the year.

Goune23
05-29-2010, 02:48 AM
Really can't wait for this game sounds like they are really going to make co-op alot better this time.

arachnophilia
05-29-2010, 06:21 AM
In one of those articles they also are quoted as saying "Fable 3 is not an RPG" - with all the changes they are making to the game mechanics and play style, it will be considered an Action/Adventure game now. :(

eh, whatever. it still lets you create and customize your character. even it's relatively simple (read: fun) and more action/adventure based (read: fun), it's still an RPG. it just lack many traditional elements of RPGs, such as exp and leveling.

NightUlf
06-02-2010, 08:31 AM
eh, whatever. it still lets you create and customize your character. even it's relatively simple (read: fun) and more action/adventure based (read: fun), it's still an RPG. it just lack many traditional elements of RPGs, such as exp and leveling.
Yeah but that is part of the fun of playing RPGs.
You have your own way of leveling up your character, tweaking it your way.
;)

IX Darknut XI
06-05-2010, 02:54 PM
I hope they still have the ability to teleport 2 each other though beacuse it could get annoying having to walk across this new brilliantly crafted scencery with great graphics for half an age to get to the battle where your friend is about to get his head mauled by a troll suffering a fit.

JoeyLYCAN!
07-08-2010, 11:11 PM
Hopefully the co-op won't disappoint this time around.
And I like the idea of adding Action/adventure to it, though i'd really hate for them to take to much of the RPG element that "MADE" Fable away.

Marshall
07-20-2010, 04:27 PM
I would be carful on online co-op, I have that certain groups are planning to go into random peoples worlds and impregnate female hero’s.

Shake N Vac
07-21-2010, 06:14 PM
If they get the co-op right this time it should be ace. They also need to make sure female heroes don't look like The Hulk - that'd keep the wife happy this time round :)

double-v
08-06-2010, 08:52 AM
I would be carful on online co-op, I have that certain groups are planning to go into random peoples worlds and impregnate female hero’s.

LOL that would be awesome

Poida
08-07-2010, 04:14 AM
The idea of not sharing the same screen shouldve been in Fable 2 so Im keen as to do co op on this :D

Deadly1123
08-07-2010, 04:25 AM
I also hated this i found i played by myself most of the time to avoid this

sonicboy793
08-07-2010, 11:41 PM
this game will be epic

PointPlaceWI
08-08-2010, 12:10 AM
Yeah but that is part of the fun of playing RPGs.
You have your own way of leveling up your character, tweaking it your way.
;)

I'm sure Pants is just sad because that won't be 1000+ points going toward his RPG total. :p

ronaldkrueger77@yahoo.com
08-19-2010, 01:57 AM
love co-op but fable 2 co-op kinda sucked. kinda hoping there co-op is more like sacred 2 co-op.

Monopoly Man 93
08-19-2010, 10:27 PM
I hope they do a good job on the co-op for this game because Fable 2 was not up to standards. I'm also bummed about it might not be RPG, so I hope they don't change too much of the game.

Toams07
08-20-2010, 11:06 AM
AT least we don't have to worry about finding a nice spouse anymore as we can do thsat in co-op:woop::woop::woop:

Toams07
08-21-2010, 11:41 AM
I just watched this interview on my Xbox with Peter Molyneux who said a lot of interesting things about Fable III co-op gameplay. These are the new features he told about:

- When you're invited to someone else's game and accept it and get into the game, you can play with your own Hero instead of the good/evil/neutral characters there are in Fable II

- I love this one. He didn't actually said the word ''splitscreen'', but if I listened well and understood him correctly, Fable III co-op is going to have splitscreen, or at least you don't have to stay together anymore.

- I believe we already knew this, but still; in Fable III co-op you can marry your co-op partner and have children with them (yeah we already knew this)

conclusion: Fable III co-op looks way better than Fable II's

DFizzle720
08-27-2010, 03:25 AM
Hadn't seen this mentioned yet. In THIS INTERVIEW (http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/fable_3/preview-2585.html) with Josh Atkins he says that co-op partners joining the game will get a salary:

"However there is also a slight benefit to the player [who has entered your game] in that they also earn a salary as a player. They will earn gold for going into somebody else’s game. There are only benefits [for playing together]. We have actually turned co-op into the most lucrative job you can have."

It's really sounding like co-op will be a good time in this game. Great news.

X King Damian X
08-27-2010, 07:03 AM
Hadn't seen this mentioned yet. In THIS INTERVIEW (http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/fable_3/preview-2585.html) with Josh Atkins he says that co-op partners joining the game will get a salary:

"However there is also a slight benefit to the player [who has entered your game] in that they also earn a salary as a player. They will earn gold for going into somebody else’s game. There are only benefits [for playing together]. We have actually turned co-op into the most lucrative job you can have."

It's really sounding like co-op will be a good time in this game. Great news.
For reasons like this, I hope cash is harder to get, and that you actually have to work for it, rather than just buy some houses and you're set for life

kikdyoassg
08-28-2010, 01:31 PM
no u still lvl up and u get exp but its in follower form u spend followers thats from peters mouth so u cant take it for fact but im pretty sure they wouldnt be d bags and take lvling up outa the game theyd be fuckin retarded

kikdyoassg
08-28-2010, 01:35 PM
For reasons like this, I hope cash is harder to get, and that you actually have to work for it, rather than just buy some houses and you're set for life
ya i read in an interview with peter a while ago about how pissed off he was about the pub game glitch and thats why ppl have a shit ton of money in fable 2 even i did the glitch i couldnt help myself but for sure its gunna be at least a lil more difficult to get money.which im glad i hate glitches and cheats but when somyone shows me i cant help but use them the temptations to great

Toams07
08-28-2010, 03:59 PM
but when somyone shows me i cant help but use them the temptations to great

Yeah indeed, I did the xp glitch a couple of times but that was to get Completionist.
I also like the ''cheats diable achievements'' stuff at some games, prevents you from making it way too easy

Lenluc
09-05-2010, 02:21 AM
ita gonna be fun u can do the mission will ur friend works or the other way round :)

FireWarrior316
09-05-2010, 06:40 AM
Can't wait for this game. Its seems like its taking forever to get here though

Lenluc
09-06-2010, 09:17 AM
Can't wait for this game. Its seems like its taking forever to get here though

i think it will be ready in october :S but yah along time to wait :(

Toams07
09-06-2010, 05:33 PM
i think it will be ready in october :S but yah along time to wait :(

release dates:

Octobre 26th 2010 in USA
Octobre 29th 2010 in Europe

Shatter Shock
09-06-2010, 05:37 PM
Fable 3 is lookin like a really good game! I think they should put more "wide area" quests like the gargoyles treasure, because that always kept me wanting to play! :-)

Toams07
09-06-2010, 06:17 PM
I think they should put more "wide area" quests like the gargoyles treasure, because that always kept me wanting to play! :-)

I really hate that kind of quests ..
(300th post!)

CujoR
09-10-2010, 02:04 PM
Yeah i was dissapointed with fable 2 co-op aswell. but now we have a seprate co-op screen so now i r happeh!

Toams07
09-10-2010, 02:33 PM
Yeah i was dissapointed with fable 2 co-op aswell. but now we have a seprate co-op screen so now i r happeh!

I'm not confinced about the co-op yet until I experienced it myself.

Miss Allen86
09-10-2010, 09:13 PM
Fable 3's co-op needs the option to make sweet sweet love with your partner. How funny would that be. You're out rocking bandits and bulverines, then after a hard day of killing things you go back to your pad and shag. ^_^

Toams07
09-11-2010, 03:36 PM
Fable 3's co-op needs the option to make sweet sweet love with your partner. How funny would that be. You're out rocking bandits and bulverines, then after a hard day of killing things you go back to your pad and shag. ^_^

Um .. it has ..

Qu33n Embla
09-13-2010, 12:37 AM
Are you serious? LOL..:p

Toams07
09-13-2010, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by Marshall

If they would even be ABLE to it would kinda suck

Qu33n Embla
09-16-2010, 11:52 AM
If they would even be ABLE to it would kinda suck I don't think that is even possible to do, since you have to get married to have children. Besides I don't think they would allowed a rape feature in Fable 3.:p

Toams07
09-16-2010, 02:09 PM
I don't think that is even possible to do, since you have to get married to have children. Besides I don't think they would allowed a rape feature in Fable 3.:p

I hope they dont ..

Miss Allen86
09-16-2010, 02:43 PM
Um .. it has ..

Do you mean Fable 3 has this option or Fable 2 already had it? Cause I thought I was pretty kept up to date with the Fable games and I haven't heard like that.

Toams07
09-16-2010, 03:03 PM
Do you mean Fable 3 has this option or Fable 2 already had it? Cause I thought I was pretty kept up to date with the Fable games and I haven't heard like that.

Fable II didn't have the option, but it's already known for weeks that Fable III has.

Qu33n Embla
09-16-2010, 04:13 PM
I hope they dont .. Of course they don't.. People who love Fable would have been pissed of, and I don't think Lionhead would have dared to do that.

Toams07
09-17-2010, 12:28 PM
Of course they don't.. People who love Fable would have been pissed of, and I don't think Lionhead would have dared to do that.

Nah you're right ..
They're clever enough not to do that

Qu33n Embla
09-23-2010, 06:48 PM
Nah you're right ..
They're clever enough not to do that Let's hope so. :p;)

Toams07
09-24-2010, 12:50 PM
Let's hope so. :p;)

They're already creating the game for a few years.
If they're not smart enough to think of such a thing they should be shame VERY, VERY hard

Theoden
09-25-2010, 07:03 AM
that really sucks because i really liked the the RPG style it had

Toams07
09-25-2010, 12:10 PM
that really sucks because i really liked the the RPG style it had

Yeah ..
I already have a dozen of action/adventure in my room
Fable is just the ONE game fore me and I don't realy want someone to screw it up by making it an action/adv gam instead of an RPG

Theoden
09-25-2010, 08:54 PM
Yeah ..
I already have a dozen of action/adventure in my room
Fable is just the ONE game fore me and I don't realy want someone to screw it up by making it an action/adv gam instead of an RPG
well we never know what the game would be like. Just think, was fable really that much of an RPG game like the others, other then morality and size, you can still be fat and choose what you wear, it is just the combat style has evolved:uzi:

Qu33n Embla
09-25-2010, 09:51 PM
well we never know what the game would be like. Just think, was fable really that much of an RPG game like the others, other then morality and size, you can still be fat and choose what you wear, it is just the combat style has evolved:uzi: Let's just hope it has evolved to the better even though I liked the combat style in Fable 2 .. Can't wait for the game to get released.:)

Theoden
09-25-2010, 09:53 PM
Let's just hope it has evolved to the better even though I liked the combat style in Fable 2 .. Can't wait for the game to get released.:)
i know it is just killing me waiting for this last month, luckily i am in Canada and have LE so i get it four days before UK:locked

NaikoraZero
09-25-2010, 10:01 PM
I was disappointed with Fable 2, so I hope they'll bring back some of the original awesomeness in 3 :D

Sharik
09-25-2010, 10:25 PM
Casual game like Fable do not need such option.

Qu33n Embla
09-26-2010, 03:24 AM
i know it is just killing me waiting for this last month, luckily i am in Canada and have LE so i get it four days before UK:locked You lucky bastard!!;) So unfair..:p

Theoden
09-26-2010, 07:03 AM
You lucky bastard!!;) So unfair..:p
not really, just a 4 day difference, wanna share, your gunna have to come here lol

Toams07
09-26-2010, 07:29 AM
your gunna have to come here lol

Where do you live ? xD

Qu33n Embla
09-26-2010, 10:29 AM
not really, just a 4 day difference, wanna share, your gunna have to come here lol Just a 4 day difference u say, that's totally unfair for us who don't live in Canada.:eek: Buhu! It's no point in going there to buy it or order it from the Internet either, because I can't play it on my console here in EU. You are really LUCKY!;)

Toams07
09-26-2010, 10:55 AM
Just a 4 day difference u say, that's totally unfair for us who don't live in Canada.:eek: Buhu! It's no point in going there to buy it or order it from the Internet either, because I can't play it on my console here in EU. You are really LUCKY!;)

You could move to Canada to get the game earlier and then move back xD

Qu33n Embla
09-26-2010, 03:02 PM
You could move to Canada to get the game earlier and then move back xD Not a chance.:p LOL

Toams07
09-26-2010, 03:22 PM
Nah the few days difference between USA/Canada/Europe doesn't really matters for me.
I just hope to get Fable III on the 29th of Octobre so I can play what I presume will be my favorite game.

Qu33n Embla
09-26-2010, 04:38 PM
Nah the few days difference between USA/Canada/Europe doesn't really matters for me.
I just hope to get Fable III on the 29th of Octobre so I can play what I presume will be my favorite game. Me too. But I unfortunately can't choose between Fable or Dragon Age, because I love them both.:)

EMP
10-10-2010, 01:23 AM
Can't wait will really enjoy the coop

Toams07
10-10-2010, 08:03 AM
Can't wait will really enjoy the coop
yep me too.