PDA

View Full Version : were can i buy lockpicks

crispykiller96
04-09-2010, 02:24 AM
hi there i need the 50 lock pick achievement but i cant find any lockpicks anywere does anyone know any help would be apprecieted thanks

MigrantAleXx
04-09-2010, 02:42 AM
Ive been playing fallout for at least 125 Hours + on the PS3 and from memory theres nowere that you can "buy" lockpicks as they drop your karma. But scavange everywere and you shound get 3-4 once you have a few go to pick a lock if the lockpicks about to break press (B) and try again that way you dont lose your lockpick but make sure u press (B) befor it snaps wen its still shaking a far bit. if you do what i said you shoudnt have any troble.

roulex
04-09-2010, 03:40 AM
Some merchants sell them, but they're few and far between. For a list of where you can find them, check the Fallout 3 Wiki article here (http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Bobby_pin)

McGoogles
04-09-2010, 05:32 AM
I have only found lockpicks from scavenging the floors of buildings.

A good place to get lockpicks is in the shed where you get the rare sniper called the "Victory Rifle". There are around 20 lockpicks around the safe.

More information:http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Victory_Rifle

BrandAid1138
04-09-2010, 07:09 PM
are you talking about bobby pins? i don't think you can buy them either. they have to be found via scavanging.

Crims0nPenguin
04-10-2010, 09:49 PM
i found alot of bobby pins in other vaults and some times from raiders

metallicorphan
04-10-2010, 11:37 PM
they always appear in wardrobes for me,all over Capital Wasteland

Myndsync
04-12-2010, 06:55 AM
i find them alot in the med boxes that are on the walls

BrandAid1138
04-12-2010, 12:10 PM
i finished The Pitt dlc this past weekend and you fight a new enemy called Trogs. Every trog I killed had a bobby pin on them. FYI.

papagapiou
06-07-2010, 10:22 PM
whenever i started running low, i'd always find them in first aid boxes

Logan I
06-08-2010, 12:36 AM
Same here, I found them in first aid and other random boxes quite often, especially boxes that required you pick the lock to get into. I never actually worried about buying them as I never really got low, I found much more than I broke.

mmartynn
06-08-2010, 04:24 PM
99% of health stations in the game have bobbypins.
99% of the NPCs (raiders, wastelanders) have bobbypins in the invantory when they die.

there is no need to ever buy them :P

m4l1c3
06-23-2010, 01:23 AM
trogs too if you have the pitt

Smoolander
06-23-2010, 11:41 AM
Just open every box/container/first aid kit you can find. Also, if you don't open the lock on your first two tries just exit out of the lock picking and come back in. Your lock pick will only break if you don't open the lock after three tries. I currently have about 80 bobby pins in my inventory because of this method.

ender214
06-28-2010, 11:14 PM
Junk merchants occasionally sell them, but there's no real need. There are tons in first-aid boxes, and ghouls/raiders drop them.

Dz06lt
06-29-2010, 01:05 AM
99% of the NPCs (raiders, wastelanders) have bobbypins in the invantory when they die.

this isnt even close to true, bobby pins are few and far between

OldBayFries
07-02-2010, 05:59 PM
If you purchase "The Pitt" DLC there is a room with a bunch of bobby pins. I think about twenty or so bobby pins.

The second poster has the right idea also. Another thing you should do is save right before trying to pick a lock. If the bobby pin breaks just reload the save.

BelatedHero
08-02-2010, 02:34 PM

And this post is 99% false.

Bobby pins are not extremely rare, but they are pretty uncommon. Occasionally the junk traveling vendor will sell one, but not often. The really thing is you have to learn how not to break your pins in the first place. lightly rotate the lock with the screwdriver. as soon as it hits resistance, release. A pin will break after 3-5 attempts (depending on how fast you release). If you've already got it wrong two or three times, try exiting out. Then try again and it will refresh your pin. Also, raising your lockpick does more than lets you pick harder locks, it makes the locks you can pick have a wider margin of error, thus saving your pins.