PDA

View Full Version : Game Room - Good or Bad?

Dudenfresh
04-09-2010, 03:15 AM
I used to play Game Room for a while and it wasn't that bad.

I didn't mind if you had to pay to play atari, intellivision or konami games. As long as I can have some fun with them.

Some say it was awful, but I like it in my opinion.

What do you think?

littlejay
04-09-2010, 03:34 AM
buttholes...everyone has them. just like opinions! lets not beat a dead horse with polls about what people think about the game room. yeah it's a crappy money sink but has good things about it too. play it or don't. if you do play it. feel free to ask for help on getting achievements here ;)

linktriforce007
04-09-2010, 03:37 AM
buttholes...everyone has them. just like opinions! lets not beat a dead horse with polls about what people think about the game room. yeah it's a crappy money sink but has good things about it too. play it or don't. if you do play it. feel free to ask for help on getting achievements here ;)

Off a show, I heard something that said this. "Opinions are like butts. Everyone has one, but nobody wants anyone's seen in a newspaper."

littlejay
04-09-2010, 03:38 AM
Off a show, I heard something that said this. "Opinions are like butts. Everyone has one, but nobody wants anyone's seen in a newspaper."

haha that's a good one

linktriforce007
04-09-2010, 05:34 AM
haha that's a good one

I know, lol. Your response triggered my memory. And yes, I have 910/1000, and own all thirty games...so, if you need help, I'll be there. But don't expect me to let you boost off of me. I'll be going at my all.

Alypso
04-09-2010, 12:26 PM
I know, lol. Your response triggered my memory. And yes, I have 910/1000, and own all thirty games...so, if you need help, I'll be there. But don't expect me to let you boost off of me. I'll be going at my all.

cannot got gold-medals for ASTEROIDS DELUXE:
best score: 18.995
best time: 4:18
total playing time ASTEROIDS DELUXE: 8:23 h

any tips? i watched the highscore record files but cannot figured out any system to beat 20.000 or 6 minutes.

linktriforce007
04-09-2010, 06:43 PM
cannot got gold-medals for ASTEROIDS DELUXE:
best score: 18.995
best time: 4:18
total playing time ASTEROIDS DELUXE: 8:23 h

any tips? i watched the highscore record files but cannot figured out any system to beat 20.000 or 6 minutes.

Actually, AD is one of the few I'm having problems with... sorry ^^;

TriRock
04-09-2010, 06:48 PM
It's somewhere in the middle, currently leaning heavily on the 'meeh' side.

Dudenfresh
04-09-2010, 07:15 PM
My favourite game is Yar's Revenge, the game is really good and it's so addicting!

littlejay
04-09-2010, 07:40 PM
ive got 625 in the game so far. i can't get all 30 games yet so im just working on what i can in between retail games

Qonok
04-09-2010, 07:56 PM
I voted in the middle for right now. Eventually it may be good. When they get more games out. I can't wait for some C64 games if they will get those up there. Then I might actually start doing this.

Bonkekook
04-09-2010, 08:06 PM
It's fun, but(this is going to sound greedy), but I think they should lower the price per game. It was expensive to buy them all.

Dudenfresh
04-09-2010, 08:10 PM
When I checked out the game packs, I DIDN'T expect to see Intellivision games show up on it.

KY SLAYER
04-10-2010, 03:51 PM
Its ok, but it is a money racket. They need to let it go a little cheaper. To get the 1000 your going to spend allot of points.:omg

Spoony Bard
04-12-2010, 10:24 PM
I'm disappointed they didn't use Game Room as a central hub for all Live Arcade titles, and the initial batch of games didn't exactly thrill me, but overall I have a pretty favourable impression. It's pretty good right now, and I only expect it to improve.

D00mM4r1n3
04-13-2010, 02:42 PM
It makes for a nice diversion and trip down memory lane. My only gripe with it is the freezing. I haven't been able to play it once without it freezing at some point.

It would be cool if they can release arcade cabinets for existing XBLA games. Basically, just a DLC item for Free or 40 points or something that simply puts an arcade cabinet in the game room which links to the game and has an attract screen. I'm sure some of the XBLA developers wouldn't mind creating cabinet art for their games.

Dudenfresh
04-13-2010, 05:41 PM
For the achievements you're supposed to get 48 medals (I think.)

But I don't know if you have to get every medal from every game availiable or most of the medals availiable in the game.

UnarmedReaper07
04-15-2010, 03:56 AM
For the achievements you're supposed to get 48 medals (I think.)

But I don't know if you have to get every medal from every game availiable or most of the medals availiable in the game.

I just buy "3 medal games" instead of "1 medal games". The "3MG" games I think have more playability and are more challenging then "1MG". You rank up nicely by doing this.

Mr Chr15topher
04-25-2010, 02:04 PM
It was a good idea to try and re-introduce some of the old favourites, but it gets quite costly if you buy to many of the games. and none of them are as good as you remember them being once you've bought them, leaving you feeling a bit dissapointed.

Mr Chr15topher
04-25-2010, 02:08 PM
I'm disappointed they didn't use Game Room as a central hub for all Live Arcade titles, and the initial batch of games didn't exactly thrill me, but overall I have a pretty favourable impression. It's pretty good right now, and I only expect it to improve.

I agree, it would be a lot better if it could be a hub for all arcade games.

a random cat
04-27-2010, 11:19 PM
I like it. Some of the games are good, while others can be terrible. Only bought Asteroids, Road Fighter, and Red Baron.

Dudenfresh
04-27-2010, 11:24 PM
I like it. Some of the games are good, while others can be terrible. Only bought Asteroids, Road Fighter, and Red Baron.

I recommend buying Yar's Revenge. it's honestly the best game you'll ever play on Game Room!

sweatdog
04-28-2010, 01:14 PM
I've enjoyed it, but I've been careful about which games to buy. If someone's trying for a quick/cheap 1000gs, I don't think this is for them, but I can see myself getting there gradually as enough games I enjoy come out. I have about 7 now, and plan to buy 3 from the batch that's supposed to be released today. If you think of it as buying games you like, and not as buying games just to get gamerscore, I think the cost is more justifiable.

Ratpelt
06-11-2010, 12:41 AM
It makes me angry to read about people paying money for this. Show a little solidarity and community spirit and reject the way we were sucked in on the promise of something cool and free, then nickel and dimed with something shit and expensive.

OMGLOL1111
06-11-2010, 02:25 AM
i think it's great

the whole medal system is pretty addictive

i have less than 20 games, i demo when they come out and pick up the ones i enjoy playing.

so not close to 1000G yet but it will come

lot of fun so far

Dudenfresh
06-11-2010, 05:21 PM
You can now buy items for your avatar? Sounds like an improvement! :)

Investigator 18
06-12-2010, 02:00 AM
I agree, it would be a lot better if it could be a hub for all arcade games.

I also agree, but I assume that it would have been a licensing nightmare. However, it could add a whole new dimension to some of the Live Arcade Indie Games.....

P.S. - It's just not an arcade without Donkey Kong!

Squalasura
06-16-2010, 04:03 PM
I went in to this with very little hope for anything good. At 32 years old I was just a tad too young to play most of these games as a kid. In fact, Scramble and Jungler were the only ones I owned and they were on a piece of shit machine called a Tomy Tutor. Well, a few months later I have bought all 19 games I have come across that have piqued my interest. I have had more fun than I ever would've guessed.

I'll admit it does take a gamer with an open mind to fully enjoy, but there's treasures to be found by those willing to search. And to all the complaints about money, $78 for 26 games you enjoy isnt a bad deal to me. No one said you have to buy them all immediately just to get 1000GS. Buy the games you like and I'd assume you'll eventually find 26 that appeal to you.

sm1 smackdown
06-29-2010, 01:27 AM
I dont get the point of it you just play old games.:mad:

Dudenfresh
06-29-2010, 04:02 AM
What kind of f**king noob thinks 'Duh, these games play like they're RLY OLD? But they R still not better thn H4L0 FTW LOL.' ?

dirge
07-07-2010, 08:59 AM
It has the potential to be amazing in my eyes, yet nothing worthy has been released yet for me.