PDA

View Full Version : what's this game like?!

BexGD
04-11-2010, 12:19 AM
i've been thinking about buying this game for a while but i really don't know what it's like and what it's about?

i don't really like shooter games, but i LOVE games like assassin's creed, fable 2 and the like.

i thought you guys would be the best people to ask, seeing as you have already played it!!

StrickenHAWK666
04-11-2010, 01:32 AM
Utter crap.

KNIGHTOFSERA
04-11-2010, 01:34 AM
Utter crap.

dont listen to this man it is amazing,

its like oblivion if youve played that

Dz06lt
04-11-2010, 01:35 AM
better than oblivion. slow start but its epic

veece16
04-11-2010, 01:38 AM
YouTube- E3 2008 - Fallout 3 Trailer

Just watch this and fall into it's grasp.

StrickenHAWK666
04-11-2010, 01:49 AM
dont listen to this man it is amazing,

its like oblivion if youve played that Reason I say that is because to me it feels drab and boring. Same as Oblivion.

xbfrittsox360
04-11-2010, 02:29 AM
best game on the 360 in my humble opinion. i don't expect to be able to single-handedly convince you so i won't get in depth but you should go read credible reviews for this game, like IGN for example has it rated around the 3rd or 4th best game game on the 360. there is really no other game like it; the gameplay might be similar to oblivion but it really just owns oblivion. they did an amazing job creating what DC would look like after a nuclear war and words can not describe how incredibly large this explorable world is. it would take well over 100 hours to see everything. the fact that they can fit so much detail and expansiveness into one disc boggles my mind. AH. okay i'll stop my rant. just do yourself the favor of getting this game and you can thank me later ;)

MC Paranoia
04-11-2010, 04:49 AM
This is a great RPG style game. There should be multiplayer.

Massa Siggy
04-11-2010, 04:51 AM
It's quite possibly the best game ever. I would really recommend the Game of the Year edition, the DLC is utterly phenomenal.

KNIGHTOFSERA
04-11-2010, 07:13 AM
This is a great RPG style game. There should be multiplayer.

can I ask why does everything game under the sun have to have multiplayer?

Glidebent
04-11-2010, 08:32 AM

I'm with you on that one. Fallout 3 isn't really the type of game suited for multiplayer. Besides, it would kinda go against the spirit of being "the lone wanderer".

Purge
04-11-2010, 04:37 PM

So it can be like Call of Duty. :rolleyes:

MC Paranoia
04-12-2010, 01:09 AM

I do believe this game would do wonders as a Diablo type game.

Myndsync
04-12-2010, 06:51 AM
best game on the 360

took the words out of my mouth. i loved exploring the expansiveness of this game. and for those who say there is to little in the game, u have to remember.... thats the point. u are supposed to feel "alone". u have to start putting urself into the shoes of the character in video games so that ull appreciate the game for more then just its graphics and mechanics(although the graphics are are tight and who doesn't love blowing a target to pieces in VATS)

multiplayer would be stupid in ANY form for this game... ur "The LONE Wanderer" for a reason.

The DLC is a great addition to the game( although im not a fan of Operation: Anchorage). If the OP hasnt picked up the game yet, grab the game of the year version... ull save like $20-$30.

all in all, this was my favorite game(clocked in around 100 hours so far and am going through 1 more time to finish achievements) not in a series(Mass Effect has that spot) and i look forward to wandering around Nevada to check out whats in store for us in Fallout: New Vegas this Fall.

master_shake_350
04-12-2010, 07:51 AM
better than oblivion. slow start but its epic

It seriously better be! I started last night and found it very slow.

Ozbaab
04-12-2010, 08:14 AM
One of the best games on 360.
Just incredible atmosphere.

BrandAid1138
04-12-2010, 12:18 PM
I just got the game of the year edition this past christmas and am still playing it. I'm nearly finished w/the game (3 missions from the end and 2 dlcs completed). I'd have to say it's one of my favorite games of all time. it is a total rpg (and i'm not very good at them, but love this one). starts off slow...but once you get going...the story and atmosphere grab you and won't let go. Just a great game.

MC Paranoia
04-12-2010, 02:48 PM
multiplayer would be stupid in ANY form for this game... ur "The LONE Wanderer" for a reason.

Ok, everyone has their opinion on multiplayer, but there is no way anyone wouldn't want a friend to help them through a place in the game. There is so many possibilities for multiplayer in this game, if anything there should be an expansion with multiplayer, with hardened quests.

xcarmacksx
04-12-2010, 03:15 PM
well i would't say a multiplayer for this game but maybe co-op. Big difference.

cherryontop420
04-12-2010, 06:47 PM
if you like fable youll love this game!!!!

kiskit
04-13-2010, 05:34 AM
I originally started playing the 360 version of FA3 about time the new dlc were coming available. I literally did no other game for weeks on that & once I maxed the cheevos & finished all the quests I went thru withdrawl. First time I ever had that experience with a game.

Once I saw this game was available on pc for xbox gamerscore I decided to buy a used copy on eBay for $13. My reluctance was it's difficult for me to sit upright for several hrs & I can get more comfortable on my 360.

Anyway, FA3 in either version 360 or PC is still a top 3 title for me. My fav is Assassins Creed 2. Then both Oblivion and Fallout 3 are tied for 2nd/3rd. If you are familiar with Oblivion controls then the basic controls feel familiar (note: on my pc version I use a 360 controller that has the USB adaptor that allows this). Other than controller & some familiar voices from Oblivion the game is sort of the anti-Oblivion for scenery. Also as expected a few yrs later in releases the graphics are much much better than Oblivion.

I absolutely love Fallout 3. It's a totally immersive experience. I think co-op might be fun like in a Crackdown sort of way not like Fable 2 where u & buddy are practically Siamese twins. Or I wish the wasteland husky wasn't so fragile. It kinda looks like one of my huskies who lost a lot of her fur due to illness.

There is something uncanny about playing a video game based on real cities I have been to, especially a place like DC with all these historic monuments & buildings I've seen, visited etc. The FA New Vegas will likely give me that same feel as I've been there several times.

The game did not feel too slow in the beginning fir me. I just dove into the vast sandbox world & took my chances. One thing to try is save the game if u want to keep megaton & then just for the cool view side with mr Burke & alistair Tennpenny. Pretty interesting scene that.

Ever since I finished Fallout 3 the first time I kept meaning to re-play the game. Once I sa the list of Windows Live games on this website it was a no-brained for me to try it. I defo cannot wait to get Fallout New Vegas for my next bday when the game is supped to be released.

xbfrittsox360
04-16-2010, 04:21 AM
hopefully with all these positive responses he actually ended up getting the game. i'm curious to know if he did. he better!

MigrantAleXx
04-18-2010, 01:41 AM
he would be missing out if he didnt buy it. its a truly amazeing game dude. you just have to get into it.

Will Daniels
04-22-2010, 07:29 PM
I suppose most people have not played the first 2 Fallouts (let's not talk about the Fallout Tactics game..) This is a worthy heir to the Fallout name. It's definitely been re-imagined, but the spirit is intact.

Even if it did not have the history behind it, the game is really awesome.

Fixelbucket
04-22-2010, 07:38 PM
I just finished this (apart from the DLC's) and this is a very good game according to me. Rather short game story-wise but there are lot of other stuff to do and explore.

Kind of spooky too :)

Dtalon3
04-25-2010, 09:42 AM
this is a great game if your wondering....almost to the quality of bioware. bethesda just needs to work on visuals and a bit of story and they will be comparable

Pogo27
04-30-2010, 06:39 AM
Honestly, my absolute favorite part of this game is the absolutely amazing size of the world. There are plenty of areas on the map that just there for the fun of exploring.

Some of the areas are there for quests. Some of them are there for bobbleheads. But there are some areas on the map that you have no reason to get on your way to completing the storyline and getting every single achievement. Like Andale, or The Chaste Acres Dairy Farm. If I'm not mistaken, there are also some vaults that don't have any quest tie-ins or bobbleheads in them. And there's the Nuka-Cola Plant, Red Racer Factory, Mama Dolce's, The White House, Fort Independence, Fairfax Ruins, etc. etc.

I'm on my third playthrough right now, and I STILL will occasionally come across unique areas of the map that I never saw before.

I mean, don't get me wrong, the main story line as well as all of the side quests, it's all fun to play through. It's just simply amazing to forget about storyline, achievement, etc. and just explore through post-apocalyptic DC metro area and find all the interesting levels of detail put throughout this game.

Jakethemuss
04-30-2010, 09:51 AM
I would rank it in the top 5 games of video gaming existence. Its a game which really puts you in the drivers seat and lets you play how you want. The atmosphere throughout is amazing; you'll be wandering across barren wastelands fighting ghouls, huge rats, super mutants and worse...then come across some desolate outpost guarded by raiders, who you can kill with your slick VATS targeting system and proceed to take their shit.

The whole Fawkes thing is awesome aswell. I was chuffed to bits when I discovered that I had control over some huge, near invincible super-mutant with a laser gatling gun. You can even tell him to sod off if you want AND get him back later.

Plus its a fairly easy 1550G, it just takes a LOOOOONNGG time to get