PDA

View Full Version : The Fourth Kind

I Am NeroTag
04-11-2010, 01:38 AM
Omg god this movie was so freaking scary

I dont know if the tapes were real or not can any one tell me?

Also in my opinion i thought it was fake

Tussell
04-11-2010, 02:54 AM
It's based on true events. That's all I know. I heard it was a terrible movie though.

I Am NeroTag
04-11-2010, 02:56 AM
It's based on true events. That's all I know. I heard it was a terrible movie though.

True? Wow thats kind of frightening lol

Tussell
04-11-2010, 02:59 AM
True? Wow thats kind of frightening lol
Many people fall hard for the 'Based on True Events' thing. When it says it's based on true events, it could be absolutely anything. It could be something that has nothing to do with the 'scary' aspect of a film. However, when it's something that's 'Based on a True Story', then there's more truth and legitimacy behind it.

Look at something like Paranormal Activity. They say it's based on true events. That means that people have said they were possessed by something, but it doesn't necessarily mean that everything that happened in the movie, happened to someone in real life.

Do you get what I'm saying? It's hard to explain through text on a forum, but I'm trying my best. :p

A Satyr
04-11-2010, 03:15 AM
Ive read people say its fake and that its real, all i know is i thought it was an excellent movie.

I Am NeroTag
04-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Many people fall hard for the 'Based on True Events' thing. When it says it's based on true events, it could be absolutely anything. It could be something that has nothing to do with the 'scary' aspect of a film. However, when it's something that's 'Based on a True Story', then there's more truth and legitimacy behind it.

Look at something like Paranormal Activity. They say it's based on true events. That means that people have said they were possessed by something, but it doesn't necessarily mean that everything that happened in the movie, happened to someone in real life.

Do you get what I'm saying? It's hard to explain through text on a forum, but I'm trying my best. :p

Yeah I got it lol

matthotlips
04-11-2010, 01:30 PM
never got round to seeing this, it came out at the same time Paranormal Activity did and I chose the latter (which I love!). Have you seen PA? Is Fourth Kind any better, may add it to me LoveFilm list

Tussell
04-11-2010, 07:34 PM
never got round to seeing this, it came out at the same time Paranormal Activity did and I chose the latter (which I love!). Have you seen PA? Is Fourth Kind any better, may add it to me LoveFilm list
Well, seeing as you loved Paranormal Activity, I don't think you'd like any good movie, so yeah, I assume you'd probably like The Fourth Kind.

A ZombieTwinkie
04-12-2010, 02:29 AM
My girlfriend wanted to see it, so I rented it. Probably wont get around to it till tomorrow. But we'll see how it is - Probably as bad as everyone I know has mentioned.

Massa Siggy
04-12-2010, 02:32 AM

Oh my God I cannot tell you how many people I know who were flipping their shit because they thought this movie was real and verified. I had to explain to them that something can't be real if it has multiple endings -_-

Anyway, I thought this movie was really lame. I'm a huge wimp but this didn't even scare me.

movesilent
04-12-2010, 04:41 AM
yes it was a very weird movie a lot of crazy stuff happens. it is fake though the stories they were telling are supposedly real.

DOOKH8R
04-12-2010, 04:56 AM
I have never heard of it. Is the Fourth Kind in reference to abduction? Is Richard Dreyfus in it?

HacksawDoomx187
04-12-2010, 06:57 PM
Oh my God I cannot tell you how many people I know who were flipping their shit because they thought this movie was real and verified. I had to explain to them that something can't be real if it has multiple endings -_-

Rofl. I don't know how many people I had to do just that with for both Paranormal Activity and The Blair Witch Project. I even had to explain to one person that Cloverfield wasn't real either.

Well, seeing as you loved Paranormal Activity, I don't think you'd like any good movie, so yeah, I assume you'd probably like The Fourth Kind.

Zing!

Tussell
04-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Rofl. I don't know how many people I had to do just that with for both Paranormal Activity and The Blair Witch Project. I even had to explain to one person that Cloverfield wasn't real either.

Zing!
What's even funnier is that The Blair Witch project isn't based on anything whatsoever. They made up the 'urban legend' for the movie. I love the movie though, I think I'm one of the few people that doesn't find it to be complete crap. I have yet to see the sequel though.

A ZombieTwinkie
04-13-2010, 08:12 AM
I have never heard of it. Is the Fourth Kind in reference to abduction? Is Richard Dreyfus in it?

Alien Abductions, yes.

Dreyfus, no.

And, I want to know how that movie was even scary. It was an O.K. movie, but nothing I'd rush out or demand my friends to go see. Paranormal Activity was just.... Yea.

And Tussell, I think you're the first person I know of to openly admit they liked Blair Witch.

Tussell
04-13-2010, 08:35 AM
And Tussell, I think you're the first person I know of to openly admit they liked Blair Witch.
I thought it was a fantastic movie.

The characters were developed decently, which was something that horror films from the 90's rarely had, except for Scream. On top of that, it was one of the few documentary-camcorder-styled releases that went mainstream at the time, so it was something new for the cinema. The Last Broadcast is a movie that comes to mind that had this same style of story-telling, however, it didn't hit cinema's. I am looking forward to the supposed remake of the film though. Should be quite interesting. However, I digress...

Another thing I really enjoyed, was that fact that it wasn't full of Hollywood stars that would detract from the believability of the made up legend.

The ending was absolutely awesome as well. They mention at the beginning of the film (or somewhere around then) what 'The Blair Witch' does to her victims. Bringing that back for the final scene was absolutely amazing.

Finally, it's one of the few films where the mystery, and not seeing the main scare, was actually quite scary. Jaws is probably the best example of a film like this, with Signs being the worst example. (Fuck you M. Night Shyamalan!)

To this day, it remains one of the few movies to actually creep me out enough to have ever run up the stairs or jump to my bed. As many of you know, I'm a complete horror-buff, and many horror-buffs will disagree with me (I think for the most part), but I find it to be one of 90's best horror films.

HarperBird
04-13-2010, 01:17 PM
This movie was so bad but was scary at the same time, the main thing tht freaked me out was tht womans face it was so long and weird looking!!

Its so obviously made up though even if it has supposed 'real' footage!!

PA is so much better and way scarier (as i believe in the paranormal!)

HacksawDoomx187
04-13-2010, 06:54 PM

What's even funnier is that The Blair Witch project isn't based on anything whatsoever. They made up the 'urban legend' for the movie. I love the movie though, I think I'm one of the few people that doesn't find it to be complete crap. I have yet to see the sequel though.

I have yet to see the sequel either but I thoroughly enjoyed The Blair Witch Project. I thought I would hate it but it pleasantly surprised me. I thought it was extremely well done.

hippymanjas
06-14-2010, 08:16 PM
I was bitterly disappointed with this movie. It promised so much but delivered so little! Perhaps it was because I didn't really understand it, but not worth the hype!