PDA

View Full Version : People cheating their gamerscore

Squirrelzofwar
04-11-2010, 01:17 PM
Does anyone know if microsoft intend to punish people who cheat their gamerscore by connecting up to a website and filling in their achievements? I have people on my friends list and also friends who have others and no matter how many times I file a complaint about them cheating they are still playing. Can microsoft not detect them as some have been doing it for over a year without getting caught. They make a complete mockery of the system by getting away with it, perhaps we should start naming and shaming them? ( the only person I know who has had his account wiped was silly enough to give himself a gamerscore of over 500,000). Sorry about this rant but at least i`ve got it off my chest.

xTGMx INF3RNO
04-11-2010, 01:23 PM
no becuase i emailed them and sent them a screen shot of someone doing it and trying to get ms points from doing it for other people all they said is basically we dont care if your that bothered file a complaint :@

matthotlips
04-11-2010, 01:24 PM
never even heard of this, im guessing that if its been going on for ages and nothings happened theyll just leave it be lame that people do it though, but it doesnt overly bother me really

BoomBullet
04-11-2010, 01:50 PM
If you know anyone that cheated (gamesaved) their gamerscore just send a message on this site to Creech, he will handle it. I recently send him a message, and he replied to me really fast!

SSJ3
04-11-2010, 02:41 PM
I think it's pretty hard for them to find everyone who is doing it. A few days ago there was like 6 people on top of the MGC leaderboard with 500,000 gamerscore and now there gone lol.

Mono
04-11-2010, 02:44 PM
I got a msg from a friend asking me to go on a link, It had Mspoints or summit on it. However i never bothered my backside because it takes the fun out of everything, These people need banned or something.

Seany Show
04-11-2010, 03:18 PM
Gamerscore cheaters get banned in waves. Microsoft don't do things instantly, so just file a complaint and then they will take action against the person once they take notice. Have patience people.

_DaNnY_
04-11-2010, 03:55 PM
To be honest, xbox.com should perform CRC checks on user achievement data, and any CRC changes that didn't come from within Microsoft = BAN.

That would stop the hexxing.

Schluderer
04-11-2010, 06:08 PM
I didn't even know that this is possible. I think i'll never understand those cheaters. "Hey guys look what i have just cheatet, umm, achieved.."

Goats
04-11-2010, 06:10 PM
I feel Boosting = Cheating.

A Polish Panda
04-11-2010, 06:13 PM
Microsoft honestly won't care if someone mods a few thousand gamerscore haha, and since its not hurting you, or anyone else, they won't look into it unless the people are jumping to the top of the gamerscore leaderboards.

Ronald
04-11-2010, 07:16 PM
At least boosters are playing the actual game. I'm not a big fan of boosting, but they had to still perform the actions required to receive whatever achievement they were trying for.

StolenPaper18
04-11-2010, 07:23 PM
Who cares what other people are doing? I'm not in any way saying that I support it, because I don't at all. I think it is completely stupid and pointless for someone to cheat their gamerscore but I also think it is stupid and pointless for a person to care so much about whether or not someone else is cheating their gamerscore. It honestly doesn't have any affect on your life! I mean come on, its a line of numbers next to someones name on the internet! Just file a complaint and move on.

/rant

Filter x360a
04-11-2010, 07:25 PM

You've never boosted a game? You are on the wrong website my friend.

lordthrash
04-11-2010, 07:40 PM
I never knew this was possible. How would you go about doing that?? I thought you had to play the games to get the achievements? I don't know how gamesaving works either but i am not the most tech oriented person around. I had a hard enough time just figuring out how to link my gamertag in my sig.

Goats
04-11-2010, 07:49 PM

Oh, I definitely have. I just wish I hadn't.

RufftyMan
04-11-2010, 08:42 PM
Who cares what other people are doing? I'm not in any way saying that I support it, because I don't at all. I think it is completely stupid and pointless for someone to cheat their gamerscore but I also think it is stupid and pointless for a person to care so much about whether or not someone else is cheating their gamerscore. It honestly doesn't have any affect on your life! I mean come on, its a line of numbers next to someones name on the internet! Just file a complaint and move on.

/rant
This is my point exactly. It has no bearing on anyone else what other people are doing. As said, file a complaint then you're done. If it gets dealt with then cool, if not, it's no biggy. I don't condone people cheating their gamerscore in the slightest as I think it's pretty sad, but in no way shape or form am I bothered what other people do.

Judivarious
04-11-2010, 08:44 PM

I never boosted any games.

Hell I even played Avatar: The Burning Earth the entire way through...which was pointless since I still didn't get the storyline.

katesith
04-11-2010, 08:51 PM
I never boosted any games.

Hell I even played Avatar: The Burning Earth the entire way through...which was pointless since I still didn't get the storyline.

Well, never boosting games is quite an accomplishment, I mean achievement sorry. And as for playing through Avatar the entire was must mean that you are an Ava-tard.

I have seen someone start getting really happy because he was hexxing during a Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 match.