PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe people buy this.

Shadow Assa5in
04-11-2010, 03:19 PM
I cant believe why people buy this, there are no good on game songs, its just another poor excuse for a game that Franchises the "Hero" series. I can understand the release of DJ hero, but Band Hero? its basically the same as Guitar Hero 5 and World Tour. If they wanted a guitar game and a band game, i dont understand why gh 4 and 5 have achievements for drums and mic. My friend wasted his money on this, even he thinks its a shit excuse for a game.

Purge
04-11-2010, 03:20 PM
I've played it, it's quite good. It's your friends own fault for not checking out the setlist.

Milesprower1986
04-12-2010, 10:59 AM
You're right. It is almost the same game as GH5 but with different songs. It's for people that would like to play music games but don't like Rock or Metal. So it's mainly for another group of people than GH5.

I like Rock more but i also like the music from BH. Getting this and import songs to GH5 was cheeper than get that many songs as DLC. This way i also got 1000 gamerscore.

Mahgin
04-27-2010, 07:07 AM
Only reason I got Band Hero was because it came with the GHWT import code and was only $15. I just got the 25% achievement, with only a few hours of play, but I think it's safe to say (even this soon in) that this is the worst Guitar Hero/Rock Band game I've played..
I like the presentation of it, but the songs and note charts aren't good at all. I pretty much only play the guitar on these games, and most of the songs on Band Hero seem like they just shouldn't be on there. Then there's the songs that barely have any guitar parts in them so they filled in by making the piano and other instrument parts playable on the guitar. Lame. -_-

halfiepint
04-28-2010, 01:26 AM
The song selection is all a matter of personal preference, you'll either like the songs or you won't. I'm a big fan of rhythm games so I liked this game even though it was essentially a GH5 clone.

Skyroshroud
04-28-2010, 02:39 AM
Well the game is targeted at a younger audience, fair to say most of us are older and have much more developed tastes.

Why go to a bike store and buy a children's bike, and then complain about how you don't like riding it.

Me personally only bought the Band Hero Bundle for the Drums/Guitar, and when I realised a few months later I could get an easy 1k from the game, I decided to do that. It wasn't the best GH by a long shot but I guess if I were 10 years younger and had a vagina, this game would be awesome! :p

Starstrukk X360A
05-19-2010, 06:20 PM
I enjoyed about half of the setlist.
I loved the fact Taylor Swift was on it ^^

But yeah, it's all a matter of preference. You either like the songs or don't.

aoftailz
05-19-2010, 09:55 PM
i actually enjoyed half the songs, better than the crap on guitar hero 5 and rock band 2... but its obv no gh3, thats always gonna be the best. i also like the way you dont have to do a career on each you can pick songs for each instrument. :)

xCALLOOMx
05-22-2010, 05:31 PM
I bought this game purely for the price: I managed to pick the full band bundle up new for 40. (Every guitar hero guitar i've had so far has broken - this being my fourth).

At first I thought the songs were awful, and yes a good few of them are.

However, Duran Duran and Devo redeemed it for me.

The best setlist is clearly Guitar Hero II ;)

III was ruined with inclusion of Disturbed and Barracuda. Hahaha.

GHWT has the greatest song though, 'Trapped Under Ice'.

Killamatron
05-24-2010, 08:03 PM
Yeah I played this game for some easy points, and its easily the worst setlist Ive seen in any Rhythm game

Aki2403
06-07-2010, 07:26 PM
I bought this game purely for the price: I managed to pick the full band bundle up new for 40.

Same here, it was cheap as chips for the full band set-up (I managed to miss the same deal with world tour by waiting for it to go cheaper, didn't wait this time, and am happy with it.
I didn't find the set-list too bad, quite enjoying it if I'm honest.

Every guitar hero guitar i've had so far has broken - this being my fourth.

Ouch that's harsh, I still have guitars for the PS2 that work (I ended up with the GH, GH II and GH III guitars on ps2), and all my 360 guitars work fine (GH II, GH III and band hero, I guess it's just a case of luck.

Iconoclast
06-07-2010, 07:36 PM
I can't believe people post their opinion as if it's the end-all be-all of statements.

So what if you don't like the game? Personally I agree with you (in that this game isn't for me), but why bother making a thread about why people would buy it? That's like asking the true whores on this forum why they played Hannah Montana (you know who you are). People buy games because they're interested in them, or because they enjoy them...period. Sheesh.

Derp.

Blah 2k
06-07-2010, 07:44 PM
Derp.

I have no idea what you are trying to say by that, but for some reason it makes me laugh very hard xD

Iconoclast
06-07-2010, 08:20 PM
I have no idea what you are trying to say by that, but for some reason it makes me laugh very hard xD

Well then you'll probably enjoy its explanation even more: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=derp

ChemicalxRachel
07-25-2010, 09:05 PM
This game doesnt have the best setlist in the world, but I enjoyed more than half of the songs, and its a fun play, easy 1K, full with pop-ish songs. I enjoyed it, and so will my younger cousins =).

Jordan0123
07-26-2010, 01:44 PM
I cant believe why people buy this, there are no good on game songs, its just another poor excuse for a game that Franchises the "Hero" series. I can understand the release of DJ hero, but Band Hero? its basically the same as Guitar Hero 5 and World Tour. If they wanted a guitar game and a band game, i dont understand why gh 4 and 5 have achievements for drums and mic. My friend wasted his money on this, even he thinks its a shit excuse for a game.

No good on game songs? Sugar, We're Goin' Down best song on either GH 5 or Band Hero 'nuff said.

TURBOTAILZ
07-31-2010, 02:19 AM
I wanted this game mainly for the drums, they actually WORK. Plus some of the songs take me wayyy back to the nineties :P

DragonFart76
11-14-2010, 02:39 AM
Best...
Game...
Ever...
!

Boots Orion
01-13-2011, 02:29 AM
I just picked up this game (software only) for $5 new at EB. That's $5 for 65 songs! I'd have to be a real lame-ass to make any sort of complaint about it to be honest.

But, if you really want to know...other than Rock Band 3 I've played every Guitar Hero or Rock Band out (excluding Metallica or Green Day - which is weird because I am a big fan of both bands), I even own Rock Revolution which is nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be (I'm not saying it is a great game though). I've also purchased a couple of Track Packs that were on sale for dirt cheap.

All of them are virtually identical with new features sprinkled in every now and then. You buy the games for the music...if you don't like the songs - they won't be fun.

But, if people are comparing this to any game it should be Lego Rock Band because the purpose of each was the same - to appeal to a different group of people. I think Lego Rock Band is a very fun game with some very fun songs to play (a decent chunk of them are in both games actually). From what I've played of this game I think it will be fun also.

It'll also be a great party game...for young and old...which is the point of it all.

jackstraw
02-10-2011, 01:24 AM
Agreed. Lame game.

mintysix
04-09-2011, 10:45 PM
Hey, it's a really cheap and easy 1000 points.
My sister bought it for me because of Taylor Swift. Definitely not my kind of music, but it is hers, so it's the only way I can get her to play music games with me and she helps with achievements so it's all good XD

mikesea
04-29-2011, 06:20 PM
I think the set list is OK. Some cheezy stuff but it's pretty diverse. Most of the decent stuff is now on RockBand though (Bring Me To Life etc).

DanielRoyLivall
06-10-2011, 04:16 PM
It's all about personal preference, some people will love it, others wont.
I personally like a decent amount of the songs, and found it to be a cheap full-band setup. If your not very good on guitar it can break you into hard/expert easily. My younger sister LOVES this game. Definitely not the best, but in my opinion it's also not the worst.

Spanish Assault
06-11-2011, 03:34 PM
I have never been a GH fan, but I have to say they did really good with this one. The animations of the band members is really good and they lip sync really nice. I love the song list too. I bought this just for the quick gamer score, but I think I'll be keeping this one.

Coadster1
06-11-2011, 05:35 PM
It was alright, I personally just bought it for the easy 1000. I didn't think it was as bad as people say it is.

Tusiaczeek
06-12-2011, 02:49 PM
but there are people who like this kind of music and they dosent wanna play world tour etc.. they'd rather play pop songs

ii aM GhaNDi x
09-18-2011, 10:15 PM
its definately not the best but i think its not that bad. it al depends on what type of music you like tbh

Toams07
10-17-2011, 12:48 PM
I only bought it because it was only 80 with all instruments included..

squodge
12-12-2011, 10:06 AM
I've bought this game twice lol... first time was on the PS3, picked up the platinum quite easily. And I bought an X360 recently, so decided to pick this up since it was going for a song (pun intended). I like some of the songs... but the one things I still hate about it (which I've hated since GH Metallica) is the frigging open note on bass. As I tend to play drums, the open note always confuses me - I still think it would've made more sense for them to use, say, an 'open' (i.e. clear) gem just to the left of the green gem.

The game shouldn't be judged on song choice - the songs are clearly listed on most good websites, so you know what you're getting. It's kind of like complaining you don't like Happy Feet Two because you're not a fan of penguins. The game mechanics are pretty much identical to every GH game since GH Metallica.

Hektik2123
12-17-2011, 08:03 PM
It first I only bought this game because I have all the rest of the GH games but after I started playing it, the song list isnt that bad yes there is some shit like Spice Girls and Taylor Swift but I would have to say its better then GH2 and GH5 maybe even World Tour.

Sinful Samhein
08-28-2012, 02:11 PM

I waited about 3 years to purchase this game. Found it new at a K-Mart in Virginia for $2.99. I still feel like I got cheated. It isn't that bad really...I don't understand the "Band"hero concept as it contains many solo acts that more or less have live bands in the background. They should have titled GHWT Band Hero...It was a stupid concept calling everything "Hero" in the first place.

SmoothAsEgg5
09-01-2012, 09:19 PM
got the whole set for $50 the other day at Best Buy which I thought was great since my old guitar was in bad shape and i needed a drum set anyway. the set list was kind of disappointing but its definitely catered to females and families. just wish it was more difficult as i was able to 5 star songs easily on Hard (i'm not that good)

Sinful Samhein
09-03-2012, 12:17 PM
got the whole set for $50 the other day at Best Buy which I thought was great since my old guitar was in bad shape and i needed a drum set anyway. the set list was kind of disappointing but its definitely catered to females and families. just wish it was more difficult as i was able to 5 star songs easily on Hard (i'm not that good)

Sometimes easy isn't a bad thing as you will need 50 platinum/diamond records for one of the achievements. I am lucky so far as I am only about 30% of the way through and have 19 or so between the 2 of them. To me the hardest part is singing as it is terrible in the "Hero" series' as compared to Rockband.

Ang3l0fd3ath
09-03-2012, 12:20 PM
i dislike most music based games

Sinful Samhein
09-06-2012, 12:05 PM
i dislike most music based games

Most...Which ones did you enjoy?

sheldonsto
07-10-2013, 10:16 PM
I agree with you Shadow Assassin the only song I enjoyed on this game was YMCA and that was just for the novelty of it