PDA

View Full Version : Movies you like with horrible reviews/box office

sleepydumbdude
04-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Most of mine are comedies but two I can think of are
Hot Rod (probably one of my favorite movies, my friends all hate it)
Dumb and Dumberer (I thought I would hate this movie but like it and find myself watching it all the time)

Tussell
04-11-2010, 09:02 PM
Dumb and Dumberer (I thought I would hate this movie but like it and find myself watching it all the time)
Dumb and Dumberer was a terrible movie.

As for my list, there are way too many. Just check out my DVD Collection (which can be found in my signature).

crazy W01f 816
04-11-2010, 09:40 PM
Garfield - I love the cartoon soooo much, too bad there's no excuse for how bad the second one was.

Blade Trinity - I actually like Ryan Reynolds in this movie, but there's no reason why Jessica Biel has to be in this movie.

Man of the Year - The movie could of been alot better, but Robin Williams is good in it. In fact, that's the last good movie he's been in for a while now.

Gorilla Stomper
04-11-2010, 10:01 PM
Babylon A.D.

That movie is one of the reasons I hate Fox.

But there's no reason why Jessica Biel has to be in this movie.

Agreed. If the point of her role in that movie was to piss me off, the writers succeeded.

Goats
04-11-2010, 10:34 PM
I really liked the movie Severance.

I'm not really sure why. Most people probably haven't even heard of it.

Megafones x360a
04-11-2010, 10:43 PM
I haven't been to see a movie in many months, I just can't be bothered, and I am usually let down, so I end up watching the same favourite films over and over again.

Tussell
04-12-2010, 09:12 PM

I thought I would like the movie, but I didn't.

KwH x Fatality
04-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Hot Rod was a pretty funny and good film.

I liked The Wrestler but i think it had terrible box office.

DevilMaster18
04-12-2010, 10:11 PM

I agree with you, it had soooo bad reviews but i enjoyed and laughed quite a bit on it.

My fav' funny parts:

Rolling down the never-ending hill
Forest training/montage - gymnast log
Whilst walking down the street from peaceful to chaos
Ramp jump with motorbike
That speech with the girl "so how's you and your BF?" girl goes "good..." he goes "you should break up" girl goes "what" he goes nothing..."
Asian dude dancing montage

Andy Sanberg should make more film, but for now i just watch SNL.

I couldn't stop laughing at his music video on SNL (catchy song as well), here's the link below.

YouTube- The Lonely Island - Jizz In My Pants

laundryman
04-12-2010, 10:24 PM
Andy Samberg is the man. Friggin' dating Reba McEntire ;)

I like Hot Rod as well. Found it to be quite enjoyable. The Goods comes to mind as well. It wasn't great, but it had it's moments. Ace Ventura 2 was scored pretty bad by the critics, but I really enjoyed that more than the first.

Tussell
04-12-2010, 11:02 PM
YouTube- The Lonely Island - Jizz In My Pants (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLnWf1sQkjY)
Jizz In My Pants is the unfunniest Lonely Island song. I truly like every skit and song on the album except for Jizz In My Pants.

domn8rdom
04-12-2010, 11:20 PM
Hot rod hahahaha i could quote that movie all day.

Why do you call yourself Voltron, Dave?
I dont know, Cathy, maybe because its super badass

One of my fav movies is Out Cold. i dont think this movie had good reviews

Tussell
04-12-2010, 11:23 PM
One of my fav movies is Out Cold. i dont think this movie had good reviews
Out Cold is definitely a classic! I used to watch it constantly when it first hit DVD. I haven't watched it in ages, but have been thinking about it. Really funny you mention it, since I was going to watch it earlier this week!

domn8rdom
04-12-2010, 11:56 PM
Out Cold is definitely a classic! I used to watch it constantly when it first hit DVD. I haven't watched it in ages, but have been thinking about it. Really funny you mention it, since I was going to watch it earlier this week!

I couldnt agree more! any movie where someone shits in a drug test cup is an instant classic!

OMG i forgot about Saving Silverman! Top 3 movie on my all time greatest list

shilbo-assassin
04-13-2010, 12:05 AM
One of the best films I've seen in recent years is The Fountain yet it was pulled from the cinemas in Manchester (maybe the rest of the UK, not sure) after a week or two such was the level of interest, it was ace!!

Also, Alexander - not the best film ever, but the critics hated it. I enjoyed it. 2nd time wasn't so good but in the cinema it was great.

And Nacho Libre - so funny, but everyone seems to hate it.

DevilMaster18
04-13-2010, 08:26 AM
Jizz In My Pants is the unfunniest Lonely Island song. I truly like every skit and song on the album except for Jizz In My Pants.

That's exactly the same situation why people didn't like 'Hot Rod' just as you don't like 'Jizz in my pants'. It's not everyone's cup of tea or just like Marmite - some hate it, some love it.

DevilMaster18
04-13-2010, 08:28 AM
Andy Samberg is the man. Friggin' dating Reba McEntire ;)

I like Hot Rod as well. Found it to be quite enjoyable. The Goods comes to mind as well. It wasn't great, but it had it's moments. Ace Ventura 2 was scored pretty bad by the critics, but I really enjoyed that more than the first.

ROFL, i've watched that part. It's hilarious, bit of cross-dressing, yes only a bit lol

Tussell
04-13-2010, 08:39 AM
And Nacho Libre - so funny, but everyone seems to hate it.
I just couldn't get into it. I own it and have never finished it. I really wish I could understand the humor in it... I mean, I guess I was maybe only half watching it for whatever reason, since I remember absolutely nothing about the movie, but I just remember not laughing once while I was watching it. :(

That's exactly the same situation why people didn't like 'Hot Rod' just as you don't like 'Jizz in my pants'. It's not everyone's cup of tea or just like Marmite - some hate it, some love it.
I actually think I would enjoy Hot Rod.

Just not 'Jizz In My Pants'. I don't think I will ever like that song other than the quote 'When Bruce Willis was dead at the end of ‘Sixth Sense...' I actully laughed at that part. However, I find the rest of the song to be utter crap.

Vonzipper
04-13-2010, 08:54 AM
It was only after a bunch of friends and I watched horror movies 'Boo' and 'House of the Dead' that I realised they had such poor reviews. I don't think they could even be classed as Horror, more like Comedy.
They were two movies that are so bad that they are good, as when you watch them with a group of friends you realise just how hilarious they are.

Boo - 2/5
House of the Dead - 1/5

Not scary at all / Hilariously bad.

DevilMaster18
04-13-2010, 10:03 AM
I just couldn't get into it. I own it and have never finished it. I really wish I could understand the humor in it... I mean, I guess I was maybe only half watching it for whatever reason, since I remember absolutely nothing about the movie, but I just remember not laughing once while I was watching it. :(

I actually think I would enjoy Hot Rod.

Just not 'Jizz In My Pants'. I don't think I will ever like that song other than the quote 'When Bruce Willis was dead at the end of ‘Sixth Sense...' I actully laughed at that part. However, I find the rest of the song to be utter crap.

It wasn't their best song, no. But it's funny nonetheless, and the funny part is when they keep on jizzing at every thing they've done, e.g. what you said about sixth sense.

If it can make a person laugh with 1 line, then they made success. I can tell your type of humour is based round men jizzing of at guys and thriller lol jk but yeah i can see where you're coming from, it's so random.

Just like Family Guy, people hate it for being so random and weird but i simply LOVE IT.

DevilMaster18
04-13-2010, 10:18 AM
It was only after a bunch of friends and I watched horror movies 'Boo' and 'House of the Dead' that I realised they had such poor reviews. I don't think they could even be classed as Horror, more like Comedy.
They were two movies that are so bad that they are good, as when you watch them with a group of friends you realise just how hilarious they are.

Boo - 2/5
House of the Dead - 1/5

Not scary at all / Hilariously bad.

I thought you meant 'The Evil Dead' at first, but realised you said House of the Dead, it was pretty bad but enjoyable coz it was that bad also with funny quotes as well, "check out this book it looks old, it might help us!" lol

Purge
04-13-2010, 10:32 AM
House of the Dead. Although that might be because we get to see Erica Durance topless. :p

thomasgeorge
04-13-2010, 06:32 PM
I liked all of the scary movie and there many spin offs. Thye had very terrible reviews though.

DevilMaster18
04-13-2010, 11:22 PM
House of the Dead. Although that might be because we get to see Erica Durance topless. :p

Lol, that's exactly why people watch Transformers - Megan Fox. Although, i did find the first 1 pretty good, and then they destroyed it with the 2nd... I watched it anyways as it's not very bad just not what you expect as you thought "this going to be great! If, first 1 was that good then 2nd must be!", 30 minutes later... "oh crap, what in the blue-hell is this?! Did Keanu Reeve directed this?!"

DirkGently68
04-14-2010, 05:47 PM
Mine has to be the old 80s Sylvester (Crime is a disease, I'm the cure) Stallone movie 'Cobra'. Awful story, awful acting, Brigitte Nielsen was terrible. But it has become some form of guilty pleasure and I watch it quite regularly, though thinking about it I am usually extremely hungover at the time!

Smoochy
04-15-2010, 01:15 AM
I also enjoyed Hot Rod.

The big one though (for me) is Strange Wilderness. That movie is an absolute riot. I recommend it if you're into very stupid humor.

MrBubbles x360a
04-25-2010, 03:54 PM
Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters

You really need to understand the show's humor before liking the movie lol

Tussell
04-25-2010, 09:13 PM
Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters

You really need to understand the show's humor before liking the movie lol
The only good thing to come out of that movie was Linoleum Knife.

RuYi
04-25-2010, 10:09 PM
http://www.impawards.com/1992/posters/stop_or_my_mom_will_shoot.jpg
I seriously like this film. :)

xM4N1CM3NT4L3Rx
04-25-2010, 10:25 PM

Fucking loved that one but everyone else hated it Like wtf ?! and resident Evil I loved that too

McGoogles
04-25-2010, 10:33 PM
The first thing I was going to type in this thread was Hot Rod, but since the OP already mentioned it, I have another one on my list.

Dumb and Dumber - (Quotes)

Lloyd: Excuse me, Flo?
[Harry and Lloyd crack up]
Lloyd: Flo, like the TV show. Uh, what is the Soup Du Jour?
Flo: It's the Soup of the Day.
Lloyd: Mmmm. That sounds good. I'll have that.

Harry: Yeah I called her up. She gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something. I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention.

[coming out of the 7-11]
Lloyd: Hey guys. Woah, Big Gulps, huh? All right! Well, see ya later.

This movie isn't very popular, but it sure is hell funny. Just tons of quotes in that movie that make my day.

Zombie Strippers was pretty good too. ;)

A ZombieTwinkie
04-26-2010, 02:38 AM
I know a lot of people hated Idiocracy, but I rather enjoyed it. Terry Crews playing President Camancho was probably the best character in that movie.

Come to think of it, I dont think I know a single person who likes that movie.

MrBubbles x360a
04-26-2010, 08:13 PM
The only good thing to come out of that movie was Linoleum Knife.

Pssssssssh :p

iBlessing 09
04-26-2010, 09:05 PM
Hot Rod, oh what a classic! Why was it so hated, everybody here loves it :D

XxBlueSpade2xX
04-30-2010, 06:59 AM
Hot Rod, oh what a classic! Why was it so hated, everybody here loves it :D

That movie is insanely funny IMO. There are way too many to list.

exo-apollo
04-30-2010, 07:07 AM
I thought Assassination of Jesse James By the Coward Robert Ford was a brilliant movie, but it's box office takings were terrible. Critically well received however, just no money making. Maybe it was the long title.

XxBlueSpade2xX
05-05-2010, 05:14 AM
I thought Assassination of Jesse James By the Coward Robert Ford was a brilliant movie, but it's box office takings were terrible. Critically well received however, just no money making. Maybe it was the long title.

I really enjoyed that film. The title was a bit long LOL.

Here's the funniest Lonely Island video:

YouTube- The Backseatsman

DOOKH8R
05-05-2010, 05:32 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d3/Phat_Girlz.jpg

Loved it. On IMDB's list of worst movies ever. Along with:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/38/Kazaam_poster.jpg

BarbaricGoose
05-05-2010, 09:49 AM
Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film For Theaters, and it's awesome video game tie-in, Worst Game Ever: http://www.adultswim.com/shows/aquateenhungerforce/extras/movie/index.html

And Battlefield Earth. It's so delightfully bad. :)

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.cinematical.com/media/2005/07/battlefield_earth_john_travolta-1.jpg

killer297
05-07-2010, 09:07 AM
Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film For Theaters, and it's awesome video game tie-in, Worst Game Ever: http://www.adultswim.com/shows/aquateenhungerforce/extras/movie/index.html

And Battlefield Earth. It's so delightfully bad. :)

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.cinematical.com/media/2005/07/battlefield_earth_john_travolta-1.jpg

Hell no i really do like this film, ok i would be the first to admit at it has some flaws but it is still a good film. i dont care what anyone says

PointPlaceWI
05-08-2010, 06:56 AM
Man it's a little bit of kazzam. I'd turn on the tube and stick my VCR (rewind) and then shotgun some publix's colas and dr. thunder and just lay back and smoke my smarties while watching my gangsta' flim.

Los Lonely Boys > The Lonely Island

Snatch is always a surprise with this one... Snatch? What's that it's about.. err some people. Oh what's that Brad Pitt is a gypsy who likes to drink and party alrigth I know what you're talking about now.