PDA

View Full Version : Inferno II....stuck

maddmaxx46
04-11-2010, 11:33 PM
Saw the wooden box one and i thought that part was really hard but this part in inferno II feels 10x harder. The part right after the tires with the crate then two inclines has me stuck bad. Any tips? I can't do double inclines for some reason, my momentum rocks me off when i hit a second incline. The brown boxes level at the very end gave me like 200+ faults.

ThrustfulSteve
04-12-2010, 02:07 PM
no easy explaination really, you just need practice, wait till you beat the 2nd incline, there is an epic jump right after, so frustrating when you clear the pallets only to miss the next platform and checkpoint.
im 3000-4000 on global +dlc leaderboards but still cant finish this track under 100 faults.
only real advice i can give is watch how the top of the leaderboard did it and try to recreate, with lots of practise, maybe dont watch lestropie replays though, he is insanely good

Nozza XBA
04-12-2010, 02:24 PM
I've done it under 100 faults, I think 40 odd and I'll ask - DO you use the A button for the lower gear?

Its will keep you from doind a wheelie and keep the bike steady no the incline. I recommend using it for all as it really helps! You need to practice the lauch off the first one and then learn to slam the rear wheel down.

If you do the jump and you front wheel hits first you'll bail! Dont lean forwards when you launch and as you get close push back and get the back wheel on first. Once its on lean forwars but not to much or the back wheel will come up and you'll just roll down. As the bike it driven from the back, add a little acceleration (tapping A) and it should even out.

Once you're on and stable, put your foot down (I would say dont over due it but dont under do it lol) As you need to clear a gap, land on a log and then onto another slope.

slmmzy
04-13-2010, 02:33 AM
I try to land on the second incline as tilted backwards as I can get. Back wheel always touched first when I did it right.

maddmaxx46
04-13-2010, 02:56 AM
Thanks for the responses.

I've done it under 100 faults, I think 40 odd and I'll ask - DO you use the A button for the lower gear?

Its will keep you from doind a wheelie and keep the bike steady no the incline. I recommend using it for all as it really helps! You need to practice the lauch off the first one and then learn to slam the rear wheel down.

If you do the jump and you front wheel hits first you'll bail! Dont lean forwards when you launch and as you get close push back and get the back wheel on first. Once its on lean forwars but not to much or the back wheel will come up and you'll just roll down. As the bike it driven from the back, add a little acceleration (tapping A) and it should even out.

Once you're on and stable, put your foot down (I would say dont over due it but dont under do it lol) As you need to clear a gap, land on a log and then onto another slope.
I didn't even know there was an A button in Trials lol

ThrustfulSteve
04-13-2010, 02:55 PM
pretty sure the A button is just a different button to accelerate, not a lower gear, you can adjust the speed much easier on the trigger, tap A sounds like a horrible method

Nozza XBA
04-13-2010, 03:12 PM
pretty sure the A button is just a different button to accelerate, not a lower gear, you can adjust the speed much easier on the trigger, tap A sounds like a horrible method

Nope! Its not. I use A pretty much all time when on inclines and RT when I need a more of a boost or on flats.

I could just manage to do these tracks and the whole tmie I was using RT and it wasnt sticking very well and everytime I slighty touched RT on a heavy incline the bikes front whell would lift if I was doing it wrong. I found out about the A button and BAM the bike didnt accelerate as bad and stuck to the inclines.

Start using it and you'll get used it and you should start nocticing the difference. I was actually posted on this Forum when the game first came out that someone mentioned about the A button. Its just because it never tells you about it you dont notice that its there.

ThrustfulSteve
04-14-2010, 03:21 PM
http://www.redlynx.com/index.php?id=520&productId=110

Bike controls
- Accelerate: Right analog trigger or A button
- Brake: Left analog trigger or X button
- Leaning: Left analog stick or dpad
- Bail out: Y button
- During bail out - grab objects: Y button (hold)
- During bail out - fly: Left analog stick
- Fast reset (track): Back button
- Fast reset (checkpoint): B button

Straight off the Redlynx website.

just says or, doesnt mention lower gear, yet it mentions grabbing on to stuff with Y, which alot of people dont know about because it doesnt come up in the game

Original Dubya
04-27-2010, 07:14 AM
There's a few tips I'll give you. I actually just mustered up a Platinum on Inferno FINALLY. The inclines gave me a hard time too at first. Here's a few tips, please get back to me if they work for you, and if not, I might be able to help further.

-Use A button. Simplest method improvement if you don't already do it. You need to know where to use the A button vs. the trigger though, this goes for any track. Rolling down the inclines trying to set yourself up to jump off, use the trigger, as you can vary the power with it. However, when it comes time to jump, the A button will grip up better and you'll effectively get a better jump. (Steve, I know you said it isn't different. It definitely is. Whether it's an actual difference in the game or just a difference in the way the A button translates the action into the game vs. the trigger, the A button has a much grippier feel, yet isn't as fast overall.)

-Always try to land with your back wheel first, to an extent. Try using this to land as smoothly as possible and avoid the back wheel coming off the ground.

-In the event that the back wheel does come off the ground, in most instances you should be able to hit the brakes while still leaning all the way forward and bring the rear wheel back down. Experiment with this type of method, it will save you a lot of faults once you get it down. I actually just started doing this myself, and it helped me a lot.

Hope you finally conquer it, but I'll tell you right now, the inclines are the least of your worries. The pipes later on in the level and the jump over the I beam after the barrel stack will make you pull your hair out. Pretty soon though, you'll be getting it down to 50-40 faults, maybe less.

BelatedHero
05-18-2010, 02:59 AM
I'm not good enough to be considered an expert, but I passed Inferno just now (geez it feels so good) and I never used the A button. I found the trigger to be easier and I seems to do better.

like Original Dubya said, try to land with your back wheel slightly before the front. Hit the gas for a fraction of a second as you land, then lean forward and break. Wait for your rear tire to get good connection with the ground before you release the break. This whole process from landing to releasing the break will be about 3/4 of a second so it takes practice. Then do a quarter second gas, quarter second no gas, then full gas to jump to the next platform.

The beam at the end was also tricky for me. I found the movement to use at the checkpoint to be left then right to do a hop. Then hold left as to sip over the beam. My instinct said to do another hop here by throwing the stick to the right, but that leads to failure, hold it left. Then as your front tire hits the platform, then shift right.

Logan I
06-06-2010, 10:14 PM
I just beat all the extreme tracks last night and I didn't even know about the difference with the a button... I'm gonnna have to check it out and try the tracks again with the a button when appropriate, maybe I will be able to get my number of faults down on Inferno II lol

Logan I
06-07-2010, 11:56 PM
After trying out the a button I decided I like the trigger much better for all situations. It is much easier to modulate the gas with the trigger and pressing the a button felt like hitting full throttle, so I can just pull the trigger down all the way instead of pressing a...

lil fisticuffer
06-16-2010, 03:02 PM
Using a has made a huge difference on hills and stuff. Thanks guys (^.^)

DarkReign2021
07-28-2010, 03:35 AM
Hmm... I didn't know about the A. I'll have to check that out after I unground Trials and let it out of the corner. 3000+ faults on Inferno II and I still cannot beat that part after the tires. All of the times I've tried and I've only landed on the second platform twice and only managed to reasonably jump off of it once only to miss the next platform by a mile.

M 0 R T I K I A
07-28-2010, 11:38 AM
I just beat Infernal II last night on my 3rd attempt (probably 30th total) and I finally got it - the extreme track achievement was the only one holding me back from the 250gs, and I was actually pretty happy I got it, this game was annoying to max out. Good luck to everyone!

Sparx.
08-02-2010, 12:18 AM
I am currently stuck before the pipes, before the metal incline. I'm at the part where you have to jump from one wooden incline to another, and after the last incline you jump all the way down.

I can get to the last, long wooden incline, right before you jump to the bottom, but I always fall short. Any help?

skel3t0n
08-02-2010, 02:16 PM
I have this with no resets and It's pretty tricky. I always land on both of the inclines with my back wheel first (this is a must or you bike will not grip) whilst leaning forwards though. Then tap and control the accelerator so you can get the maxium amount of speed (never just hold it all the way down). Once landing back wheel first & leaning forward on the second incline, slowly tap the accelerator so you fall almost to the bottom, then get as much speed as you can to clear the big gap and onto the gym horse looking platform.

Mike-H
08-06-2010, 07:12 PM
I'm stuck on this same part, I can get there without any problems but can't do this no matter what.

I can get onto the second ramp but if you push forward when you land to try and keep the front wheel down the rear wheel comes up and you fall. If you don't push forward the bike flips over backwards so I can't win either way.

3 sessions on it today running out of time after 30 minutes, so it's looking unlikely that I'll ever finish this track :(

Springveldt
08-07-2010, 05:59 PM
Stick with it, you will get past eventually. I was the exact same at first as the palllets would always get me. Just wait till you get to the pipes. :-)
My first ever successful run took something like 29:48 and the other day I did it in 1:52 with 6 faults.
I'm stuck on this same part, I can get there without any problems but can't do this no matter what.

I can get onto the second ramp but if you push forward when you land to try and keep the front wheel down the rear wheel comes up and you fall. If you don't push forward the bike flips over backwards so I can't win either way.

3 sessions on it today running out of time after 30 minutes, so it's looking unlikely that I'll ever finish this track :(

Mike-H
08-07-2010, 06:38 PM
Stick with it, you will get past eventually. I was the exact same at first as the palllets would always get me. Just wait till you get to the pipes. :-)
My first ever successful run took something like 29:48 and the other day I did it in 1:52 with 6 faults.

Thanks mate, I've been on it again today and I'm still stuck on that part. I have made it over a few times now but not correctly as I fell short of the block I need to land on afterwards. I feel like I'm closer to getting past it, I just need to keep practicing.

No way am I giving up on this.

Sparx.
08-07-2010, 10:33 PM
Thanks mate, I've been on it again today and I'm still stuck on that part. I have made it over a few times now but not correctly as I fell short of the block I need to land on afterwards. I feel like I'm closer to getting past it, I just need to keep practicing.

No way am I giving up on this.

I can make it to the third inclined pallet (sometimes, but it is very difficult), and a couple times i brought the bike to the bottom of the pallet, while tapping the throttle, then went full speed and didn't make it to the block. One time, I got my front wheel on the block but I didn't make it far enough.

This is killing me. And according to x360a, the Marathon achievement is even harder! Wow. If it takes me this long to do Inferno, how hard is Marathon going to be?

acdougla17
08-08-2010, 11:14 PM
I can make it to the third inclined pallet (sometimes, but it is very difficult), and a couple times i brought the bike to the bottom of the pallet, while tapping the throttle, then went full speed and didn't make it to the block. One time, I got my front wheel on the block but I didn't make it far enough.

This is killing me. And according to x360a, the Marathon achievement is even harder! Wow. If it takes me this long to do Inferno, how hard is Marathon going to be?
Well according to xbox.com, the last time you even played Trials HD online was May 2nd. So maybe your just not playing enough.

But my advice is this and I think it is all you need to know in order be able to pass any track. Feather the throttle, always land on your back wheel first, letting off the gas can often be better than using the brake, and in general always keep the back wheel on the ground. The game is very easy after practice because the bike always reacts a certain way to certain situations and can be very predictable.

Mike-H
08-10-2010, 04:06 PM
Well I've finally mastered it, It still takes me a few goes to get over but I can do it now. For me using the brake to steady the bike before feathering the throttle worked wonders.

The rest of the track wasn't too bad after that apart from the last jump across the girder before the swinging hammer things at the very end.

I managed to complete it in 11:54.110 with 129 faults. I'm going to try and improve on this though.

Just the marathon achievement to do now :eek:

toonski
08-10-2010, 08:26 PM
inferno 2 is by far the hardest track on the game only thing i can suggest is watch replays and practice the track ive done the track a million times and managed to get it done in under a minute 0 faults with enough practice everyone will be able to do it :)

Sparx.
08-16-2010, 01:22 AM
Finally beat it! And I have definitely played after May 2nd, I don't know why it said that.

The only hard parts for me were the 3 inclines and metal bar at the last checkpoint. Everything other than that was a breeze.

I don't know what you guys are talking about, but the pipes were the easiest part!

CMpunk17
08-16-2010, 04:57 AM

i am calling shinanigans on you, sir. i am 110% certain that the "A" button doesnt do anything

BruDrew
08-16-2010, 07:02 AM
I just want to thank everyone for the advice they gave on this thread, as it helped me finally beat this track after months of trying to no avail.

CypherDextrous
08-16-2010, 02:34 PM
Stay away from the A button, trust me I'm ranked 44 in the world on inferno 2. The best way to get past the inclined ramps is to land on your back wheel and use throttle control to make it over them. If you notice in the replays that when we land on them we ever so slightly pull the trigger then gradually floor it to make it over them. You can also quickly tap the trigger to gain control, which might be easier for you. The A button is limited to one speed where as the right trigger has an array of speeds. Throttle control is a very important tool to have in this game. As always though the best advice anyone could give is to practice. With practice the game will become easier quite fast. Good luck ;)

sanctusmortis
08-17-2010, 07:47 PM
IIRC the triggers are limited in their analogue response (4 to 5 stages of pressure), while the buttons are full pressure-sensitive analogue buttons. That might be why some prefer the button; the same level of power as a full squeeze would require a really hard button press.

Metalteeth9
08-20-2010, 02:15 AM
I can barely get past the first wooden incline. It seems the bike has a mind of it's own.

If I don't lean forward, the front tyre flies up, flip, crash. If I lean forward while accelerating, the back tyre pops up, no traction, slide down, crash. What the hell, I've watched replays. I've played this level for about 20 minutes a day for a few days now, I have not gotten past the ramps...AGH

iiDaRReN316x
12-08-2010, 11:25 AM
Did this track in 16 faults

tjl0202
08-22-2012, 03:32 AM
The track can be very frustrating. Practice makes perfect. The parts that use to be hard are no very easy. But I can get to the pipes and I have not been able to pass it. Time limit. No worries. I get further everyday. I just bought the game yesterday and wish I would have played earlier. It is a fun game.

Pokenut
04-02-2014, 09:39 AM

Thank you for mentioning the A button! After 3 years of trying to beat Inferno II off and on I finally did it and got the achievement. "A" doesn't give you a lower gear, but it does get to full throttle faster than RT. In some cases it helped, or was the only reason I made it through, and others it was too fast to control.