PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is wrong with Kids!

Masster7897
04-12-2010, 02:05 AM
I watch adult swim I usually change about 8:30 I realized that Cartoon Network has some creepy ass shows.

The show I'm Talking about:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Marvelous_Misadventures_of_Flapjack

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adventure_Time_with_Finn_and_Jake (http://http//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adventure_Time_with_Finn_and_Jake)

BarbaricGoose
04-12-2010, 02:48 AM
I'm not sure what's wrong with those shows, but I assume they're not funny? I don't really see anything too creepy about them. Kids will laugh at anything.

Quality is not a determining factor when it comes to what show gets published on the kids networks.

Massa Siggy
04-12-2010, 04:09 AM
I love Flapjack!

It's so bizarre and off the wall, but not so much to be creepy or gross like some other shows.

Kairi
04-19-2010, 01:02 AM
Ive seen some really odd stuff on Cartoon Network. Saw this one thing called like Chowder and it was really weird

litepink
04-19-2010, 01:11 AM
I love Flapjack!

It's so bizarre and off the wall, but not so much to be creepy or gross like some other shows.
Sometimes Bizarre and creepy go hand in hand.

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/flapjack/index.html

I think the preview that is up now is creepy.

Mechanial Genie Island is a creepy episode too...
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/0JP2KWh1PIc/default.jpg

Burning Karma
04-19-2010, 01:52 AM
A lot of the cartoons on Nick and Cartoon Network (not including the [adult swim] block) nowadays are just flat out weird.

Kairi
04-19-2010, 02:01 AM
A lot of the cartoons on Nick and Cartoon Network (not including the [adult swim] block) nowadays are just flat out weird.
Yeah, I've seen weird stuff on Nick too. I used to like Nick but no longer. Only show i actually will watch is iCarly if Im bored but I dont really watch TV much to begin with.

Ardy
04-19-2010, 02:28 AM
Some shows I see now are just bizarre in my eyes. Nothing wrong with them, but can easily be labeled weird. :P

TwiztidChef
04-19-2010, 07:01 AM
Flapjack is awesome! So is Chowder and the new show Adventure Time. They're no worse than Ren and Stimpy or Rocko that was on when I was younger. Admittedly Flapjack can be a little bizarre or creepy at times. I love these shows.

Skillet
04-19-2010, 07:16 AM
Whatever happened to the days of Tom & Jerry? Or the Pink Panther?

Boomerang ftw.

Death Metal Jim
04-19-2010, 10:48 AM
man, i'm so glad i grew up in a time when kids had ninja turtles, transformers, gi joe, voltron, exosquad, and thundercats to watch. Those were the days when cartoons were fun to watch. Unfortunately they had to remake alot of these shows into new cartoons/movies and completely ruin the originals.

As far as cartoons these days, i find them completely un-imaginative and utterly boring. But i do have to defend the "weirdness". Don't forget that alot of us grew up watching Ren and Stimpy and Beavis And Butthead, and if those two weren't the weirdest american cartoons at the time then i must have not been looking far enough hahaha.

Dead Sanny
04-21-2010, 07:34 PM
i remember watching ren and stimpy as a child... and then switching over to HR Puff N Stuff (or something like that). children will watch anything that they find different.

$RebelG
04-22-2010, 08:33 PM
I think Cartoon Network have always had weird TV shows on. I find Courage the Cowerdly Dog to be really weird but still a heap load of entertainment. It was like Ren and Stimpy though, because that was weird yet I'd still love to watch it. Oh and there was that TV show called Cow and Chicken pretty odd too. I'd love to watch any of those shows now.

Tussell
04-22-2010, 08:53 PM
The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack and Adventure Time With Finn And Jake are awesome. You fail.

Burning Karma
04-23-2010, 01:57 AM
I think Cartoon Network have always had weird TV shows on. I find Courage the Cowerdly Dog to be really weird but still a heap load of entertainment. It was like Ren and Stimpy though, because that was weird yet I'd still love to watch it. Oh and there was that TV show called Cow and Chicken pretty odd too. I'd love to watch any of those shows now.
All of the shows you mentioned are awesome.

Iv AJay vI
04-23-2010, 05:30 AM
I miss old school Nickelodeon. SNICK was my childhood, nuff said.

ApochWeiss
04-23-2010, 07:57 AM
I'll admit that I was never really into Flapjack. The voice acting bugged me. Only reason I watched it in the first place was that one of the characters was voiced by the same v.o. actor that does the Flying Dutchman in Spongebob, and I find him absolutely hysterical whenever he talks in that show. My favorite Spongebob instance with him was when he finds himself in Davey Jones locker (literally) with Davey Jones standing near dirty laundry and tell him he's in his world now, laughs evilly, then starts singing "Daydream Believer". His scream in that episode and just that whole situation is one of the funniest damned things I have ever seen.

I JUST recently got into Chowder. I finally kinda get the show and think it's hysterical now. Chowder's voice still urks me but, eh, what can ya do? Schnitzel is amazing in my opinion though :D And I have yet to see Adventure Time. I didn't even know it started. TO THE YOUTUBES!!!

And as a side note, my all time favorite and quite possibly the ODDEST cartoon moment appears on Spongebob as well. The Hash Slinging Slasher. The ending was one of those that made me go "Wtf?! What kid on earth will get it?!" They figured out it wasn't REALLY the HSS, and they wondered why the lights keep going off and on. Then it pans quickly to find Nosferatu (YES! The old black and white silent film Nosferatu! literally a print screen image from the film itself of Nosferatu standing the doorway) flicking the light switch ona nd off. In the generic punch out ending ways, they all say "Nosferatu..." in a "you sneaky bastard" kinda way. They go to a close up of his face, kind of in shock, which quickly goes to a big assed smile. I swear to you, I peed a little when I saw it from laughing so hard.

If you think those shows are weird, check out Nick's new show Fanboy And Chum-Chum. it's my new guilty pleasure. I can't BELIEVE how many old school horror nods the show makes. In one friggin' episode they had nods to Pet Cemetary and Poltergeist. There was another one but I can't remember what. And there's constant Star Wars references like Janitor Poopatein (instead of Emperor Palpatein, dunno if I got the spelling and rank right). R2D2 is even present, but is now just a giant hoverchair thing. I think he calls it Betsy or something. They even go at the theme in one episode when he first appears and goes after the "friend" they make out of gum by saying while hunting them in the school: "Gum gum gum gum gumgum gum gumgum..."

All that pointless ramblin aside:
I absolutely love children's shows today. They aren't necessarily aimed at kids anymore. The kids of yesteryear grew up and still watch 'em. I think since Adult Swim aired and proved there's a market for it, networks caught on. Now, shows are enjoyable for kids, but there's random crap that older people, such as myself, would get that kids wouldn't. But even before that there were some crazy ass shows.

I 100% blame Cartoon Network. If it weren't for Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Laboratory, and Ed Edd & Eddy, as well as Space Ghost: Coast 2 Coast, today's kid shows would follow the same Pokemon formula, but much more watered down. And I would be very, very sad, as well as have NOTHING to watch anymore haha. Nick and Cartoon Network are rarely ever turned off, it's just in the AM I look to more adult programs like Judge Pierro and Law & Order: CI or SVU.

SynysterChris
04-23-2010, 08:16 AM
Yeah, I've seen weird stuff on Nick too. I used to like Nick but no longer. Only show i actually will watch is iCarly if Im bored but I dont really watch TV much to begin with.

That girl on iCarly looks like Jack Nicholson as the Joker in Batman.

KFZ Scrubs
04-23-2010, 09:22 AM
I'm not going to read through everyone's post because i'm tired. But Flapjack was originally meant to be on Adult swim.... forgot where i read it... will look it up later.