PDA

View Full Version : 5 hours? Yeah right..

Private_Joker
04-12-2010, 05:45 PM
Here's a good read about how there is a lot more than just '5 hours' worth of content.

Read (http://www.msxbox-world.com/xbox360/news/article/12033/Splinter-Cell-Conviction-5-hour-claims-are-Bull****.html)

Can't wait for my copy.

True I Skill
04-12-2010, 06:16 PM
Looks good, cant wait for my copy aswell. Although i dont Like Short games with this i think I wont mind that its short, Its one of them games i can play through again and again and still enjoy that same level after playing it for the 10th time in a row.

TwIsTeD mInD42
04-12-2010, 06:25 PM
as long as i get my 1000g without spending forever on the game and not having to work hard for the 1000g i'll be fine

Blkmag1k
04-12-2010, 07:43 PM
as long as i get my 1000g without spending forever on the game and not having to work hard for the 1000g i'll be fine
That's sad

I rarely buy a game from release date(thanks to MW2), but when I do. It is certain that it will be a great one, so I can't wait to dive into this one and play it for a couple of weeks

Nero Mystyraa
04-12-2010, 07:51 PM
as long as i get my 1000g without spending forever on the game and not having to work hard for the 1000g i'll be fine Wow you just kicked your own ass

guillermo316
04-12-2010, 07:55 PM
if i hear less than 5 hours its a rent, also there is not MP! come on! theco-op play is coll but still. its a rent IMO

MicroCool
04-12-2010, 08:16 PM
It's a shame that's all you care about. You don't care if the game is good, you just want a quick 1000. Stick to kids games.

N-Forced
04-12-2010, 08:19 PM
as long as i get my 1000g without spending forever on the game and not having to work hard for the 1000g i'll be fine If you seriously want that then go rent Avatar. It's sad that you'd potentially avoid a good game just because the achievements are too hard for you. Back on topic, I kinda figured it'd take more than 5 hours to complete this game fully. All the people whining probably forgot all the additional modes/challenges that are also included. I know if this game is anything like Chaos Theory then i'll be playing it for awhile.

Unluckyclover
04-12-2010, 08:31 PM

yeah and look and your gamerscore...a whopping 13 grand.

DarthSoth
04-12-2010, 08:56 PM
OMG!!!! It's only 5 hours??!!

Like there was any danger at all that I would only play the game once. I don't see the problem at all with that. I can guarantee you that on my pure stealth run it will take me a hell of a lot longer that 5 hours to sneak my way through the game. . . just like it did with the previous games.
Just because you can sprint through it doesn't mean you HAVE to every time you play it. I may do it in 5 hours but I will also do it in 8 and 10 and 6 hours. Maybe even 12 hours when I try for a full body remover run. So 30-40 hours doesn't sound so bad to me. Hell, I've easily put at least that much into EACH of the previous titles in the series SP campaigns. And if I want to I can run through each of those games in 5 hours or less.

I see all this 5 hour talk and just shake my head. This is Splinter Cell. I can't even fathom playing any Splinter Cell game one time and then done with it. I know there are games that I do that with but for me Splinter Cell just isn't one of those games. I will be playing the shit out of this game. Christ, I will be spending days on infiltration mode alone never mind the SP, co-op and deniable ops the game also offers. I would think that I will be well over 50 hours in Conviction as a whole. Easy. And that is only if I don't get that into the multplayer.

Ragnadaam
04-12-2010, 09:22 PM
if i hear less than 5 hours its a rent, also there is not MP! come on! theco-op play is coll but still. its a rent IMO
There's 1 vs. 1 multiplayer known as 'faceoff',plus other content as well including teh beta for the new Ghost Recon.

BlackRiderRazil
04-12-2010, 10:11 PM
Tbh, I never liked Splinter Cell before this game, but even I know the claims of 5 hours are ignoring everything else offered. Hell, the challenges alone will probably keep me occupied (and probably more than a little peeved on occasion) for longer than 5 hours. I'm actually getting sick of games being judged by both graphical prowess and length now. If the game is fun as shit, who cares if its not the longest game in the world?

And like others have said, there are games I can beat really quick, and others that take me forever. For example (even though its a crappy game) Dante's Inferno supposedly was a 12 hour game. I beat it in 6. It was fun, but man, talk about short, even for hack and slash.

DaHrtOfDaWhtDrGn
04-12-2010, 10:26 PM

This guy serious pathetic u only play for score yet your only at 13G this game is great I got it from my gamestop today cause they release it early, enjoy the game worry bout points after

ColdP1zza
04-13-2010, 02:47 AM
First of all, nobody said the game had 5 hours of content. They said the campaign takes 5 hours to beat on the first time around. So i guess that article was useless.

Private_Joker
04-13-2010, 02:51 AM
No, but people are still like 'buh buh the SP is only 5 hours long!11!'

Look at the bigger picture.

ril14ey
04-13-2010, 03:11 AM
5 or 50 hours, i will be playing this for as long as i enjoy it

Pearson
04-13-2010, 03:43 AM
Only 5 hours? I don't mind short games, but at least make it 9-10 hours long. I'm still getting it, hopefully by going through it stealthily I can stretch that 5 hours into 9-10. ;)

belaraphon
04-13-2010, 04:09 AM
i don't think 5 hours is going to be the standard here. this whole "5 hours" thing is coming from someone who plays games for a living. add the co-op and objective modes and you will be looking at a longer game overall.

also: games today need to be played and beaten, no matter what difficulty someone plays on. sure, there will be those who crave more, but if it only has a 50% completion rate then much of the work gone into the game is unappreciated.

MrEastSide
04-13-2010, 04:11 AM
I beat the game already. I'd say it took me at least 8. I guess if you charged through without bothering to take your time and enjoy the damn thing it could be done in 5, but why would you want to do that? I'd bet this will take most people at least 7-8 hours. It'll take even longer than that on realistic difficulty.

ColdP1zza
04-13-2010, 05:57 AM
No, but people are still like 'buh buh the SP is only 5 hours long!11!'

Look at the bigger picture.

A quote from IGN's review of SP: Conviction which that article is attacking:

"The single-player and co-op campaigns are short, but there's a lot of other things to do. And you'll probably want to play through everything more than once."

As well as "The best parts of Conviction are the experiences you have long after you've left Sam Fisher behind."

The guy who wrote that article probably skimmed the review and then just went into an angry internet rage. IGN stated the fact that the SP campaign is short, but they fully acknowledged that there's much more to the game in terms of content as well as replay value.

achievementjockey
04-13-2010, 09:27 AM
Suppposedly the single player campain taes 5hrs and then other stuff takes another 10 - 15hrs.

Purge
04-13-2010, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the article, I knew it wasn't only 5 hours. That would be horrific. :)

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R
04-13-2010, 10:14 AM
fishers is 5 hours

they didnt include the co-op campaign which is the first half of the story. with that added the campaign is the right length

xx_0_0_xx
04-13-2010, 11:52 AM
SP - 5h
Coop mission - 5h
team or versus gametype ("horde", hunter (vegas) or DM with ai) - xx h
If SCC dont have coop splitscreen gametype game will by very shorty

Spike hostile17
04-13-2010, 12:05 PM
First of all, nobody said the game had 5 hours of content. They said the campaign takes 5 hours to beat on the first time around. So i guess that article was useless.

Exactly. A friend of mine just completed the campaign for the first time in 5 hours and a half, and he took his time. But he also said that it should take about 20 additionnal hours to complete the 1000g, which makes 25 hours to fully complete the whole game. Then, if you love the MP, you can keep playin for a while. Imo, thats a bit short for a Sylphon Filter copy, but I hope MP will be as good as the previous ones..

Black Watch
04-13-2010, 12:46 PM
I am playing the main campaign right now on Realistic and so far, I have clocked in 7 hours and 43 minutes.

SlySi1976
04-13-2010, 03:02 PM
well they say play on realistic and turn way points of in the main menu, and it will stretch to around 8/10 hours. thats my plan friday

DarthSoth
04-14-2010, 05:19 AM
5 hours my ass. I've just put in 4.5 hours and I'm almost half way. Playing on realistic. Maybe on easy it is 5 hours if you go all gung ho rambo through it. I'm looking at likely 8-10 unless there are some drastically shorter levels near the end. Maybe 6-7 hours if I didn't die and need to retry some parts or once I learn the levels better. But I don't see this as a 5 hour game by any stretch for me.

Captain3Beers
04-14-2010, 05:32 AM
Ill take the 5 - 8 hours of awesomeness. Nuff said.

sublime shooter
04-14-2010, 05:47 AM
This guy serious pathetic u only play for score yet your only at 13G this game is great I got it from my gamestop today cause they release it early, enjoy the game worry bout points after

If you are Talking about Gamestop as in eb games etc thats impossible. I work there and our computers wont let us sell them if there street dated which this title most deff is so either you bought it from a friend there under the table or you didnt buy it from us

XxReapaxX
04-14-2010, 09:20 AM
The whole 5 hours complaint about this game is not only dumb but pretty far from the truth. I got the game at midnight and finished around 9 or 10 in the morning playing on realistic with few breaks. I wouldn't consider the game too short or even short for that matter. I thought it was paced very well and I really didn't wanna stop playing. I'd much rather have a solid game thats fun and interesting throughout that last 5-10 hours then one that loses its appeal somewhere around the 50 hours mark and just drags on for the sake of being super long.

A few people have mentioned it but I'll say it again, the 5 hours was coming from critics who are forced by a deadline to rush through games, so their claim on any games length shouldn't be taken as fact but more of an estimate. I think any normal person who just paid $60 for a game is gonna take their time and enjoy it and even on easy this game could take longer then 5 hours.

Overall, it doesn't really matter. the game has well over 30 hours of content most likely and the one thing everyone seems to forget nowadays is games were meant to be played over again, especially the Splinter Cell franchise.

Schnitter
04-14-2010, 09:44 AM
I donīt know about the sam fisher storyline yet, but a friend an me needed about 2 and a half hour for the first chapter in co-op last night. It was pure fun...
And looking at the "well rounded" Achivement and the Realistic Setting, we donīt have an easy or fast 1000 Points here!

Venomized
04-14-2010, 10:41 AM
If you seriously want that then go rent Avatar. It's sad that you'd potentially avoid a good game just because the achievements are too hard for you. Back on topic, I kinda figured it'd take more than 5 hours to complete this game fully. All the people whining probably forgot all the additional modes/challenges that are also included. I know if this game is anything like Chaos Theory then i'll be playing it for awhile.

Im hoping u mean Avatar: TLA: TBE, and not Camerons Avatar. Cause let me tell you, cameron's avatar is quite time consuming and VERY annoying.

And so far I am enjoying the campaign. I liked the co-op campaign too. Wish it was more than just 4 levels, but oh well.

belaraphon
04-14-2010, 04:41 PM
i've been playing on realistic difficulty and have spent about 8-9 hours so far and am still not done with the campaign. i would agree that this 5 hour talk is nonsense. then there is the so-op campaign...

jamie1000013
04-14-2010, 09:11 PM
look at just cause 2 hours and hours of game play but like 5 story missions the rest is collect or blow something up

AOSKINS
04-14-2010, 09:18 PM
Ha, I read the infamous 5 hours review and thought, c'mon. The reviewer also probably had played it in a beta stage. Just got my copy, can't wait to play!

pacokorn77
04-14-2010, 11:02 PM
I played through on Realistic, and it took me about 8-9 hours to complete. That was after getting utterly destroyed in the White House level...

::shudder::

iKiddo
04-14-2010, 11:17 PM
Ha, I read the infamous 5 hours review and thought, c'mon. The reviewer also probably had played it in a beta stage. Just got my copy, can't wait to play!

Majorty of the time they get a review copy. Pretty much the exact same as we get.

Juiceh
04-14-2010, 11:46 PM
One of the reasons to not visit the popular gaming review sites. IGN always gives wrong reviews imho. The 5 hours could be right though. I've set the difficulty on Realistic right away, completed 5 missions in 2,5 hours, so assuming missions 6-11 won't drasticly change in difficulty, that's gonna be about 3 hours more. But then again... there's the Co-op campaign and the "thingy mode with the waves" and such.

xI MrBubbles Ix
04-15-2010, 02:32 AM
Lol when will people learn everyone has different opinions anyone who buys a game soley based on a review by some stranger who works for ign for instance needs to be shot ={

XxNickTxX
04-15-2010, 05:36 AM
It'll be a 5 hour speed-run, but taking in all the things this game offers, way more than that. I know for sure, that once i pop that game in and start playing it, i'm going to get a moment of "Damn, i didn't want to kill him THAT was!" and restart to last checkpoint, just to murder some poor guy a different and more awesome way. :P

Dee Zee
04-15-2010, 05:41 AM
Wait, is the game only supposed to be around 5 hours in content?

XxReapaxX
04-15-2010, 07:08 AM
Wait, is the game only supposed to be around 5 hours in content?

No, but a lot of people were jumping to the conclusion that one 5 hour playthrough of just the SP campaign (most likely on easy) equaled all the content in the game.

bs000
04-15-2010, 02:18 PM
The reviewer said he played through multiple times. He's probably counting his fastest playthroughs.

After 2-3 playthroughs on Bayonetta, I could complete the game in 2 hours, but I wouldn't call it a 2 hour game. I can't believe the reviewer called SCC a 5 hour game D:

Maka
04-15-2010, 04:22 PM
Single Player (Realistic) - 7-8 Hours
Co-op (Realistic) - 4-5 Hours
Huter Missions (Realistic) - 5 Hours
Last Stand (Realistic) - Not Sure (But I hear its hard)
Face-Off - 1 Hour

*After this, another 3-4 hours to wrap up achievements probably.

Its a 20-30 Hour game at least.

Dee Zee
04-17-2010, 04:22 PM
No, but a lot of people were jumping to the conclusion that one 5 hour playthrough of just the SP campaign (most likely on easy) equaled all the content in the game.
Oh okay, thanks. Yeah, I just bought it and it is definitely NOT only 5 hours, haha.

darkSIDEchoes
04-17-2010, 10:54 PM
Stop bashing the guy for wanting achievements. He obviously got this game because he thinks he will enjoy it...plus look what site we are on. Jesus people.

The only game I got to 1000 and not care about the game was King Kong and I ended up enjoying it.

Most of you have played Avatar or other shitty games just to get the 1000 so fuck off.

RufftyMan
04-18-2010, 12:52 AM
To be fair, the 5hrs is maybe playing it on casual difficulty. Personally I'm playing on realistic and I think I've been playing more than 5hrs and not finished the main storyline yet. So I call shenanigans!

Bazajaytee
04-18-2010, 08:59 PM
Played the story on realistic and it took me about 6 hours, played co-op story with a friend on realistic, that took another 6-7 hours, played other co-op modes and that was another 10 hours. Still haven't got the achievements to pop in Last Stand even though we did them all so thats another 6 hours or so.

Pretty good value for money I reckon. I wish reviewers would stop reviewing time to play based on the easiest difficulties.

Chuck Chaplin
04-18-2010, 10:24 PM
If that was only five hours it was five of the best hours of my life haha I thoroughly enjoyed the game and haven't even started the denied ops yet so it was well worth the money in IMO

Shad0wTroop3r
04-19-2010, 12:02 AM
Its a fantastic game but is a rent solely because it will only take me 5 days to do everything
p.s. The 1v1 is A LOT of fun and i wish they included more multiplayer would have been a buy for me if they included like ranks or something

KirbyTheAlmighty
04-19-2010, 01:04 AM
I've been playing the game for about 30 hours (or a little under) so far, according to the stats on the Splinter Cell site. I need three more achievements, and don't plan on putting the game down after that.

Katarn84
04-26-2010, 10:02 AM
5 hours? It took me to finish co-op perhaps... It's far longer than that.

DarthSoth
04-26-2010, 03:23 PM
I just summed up all 1000 points for Conviction last night and took me just shy of 35 hours to do. I have no intension of putting the game down anytime soon. Going to be working of the SP campaign for my 2nd profile so that split creen sessions will have good weapons for my guests. And of course helping out my online friends to get the tougher challenges and completions as well. Can't believe I did the Last Stand realistic solo though. Every time I went looking for a partner none of my friends were online yesterday. Totally addicted to this game.

fatalmephisto
04-26-2010, 03:46 PM
I timed myself on a second playthrough on Realistic, and doing a speed run, i beat the main Campaign in 3 hours and 27 mins. However, if you play it the Proper way. You can easily get about 8 to 9 hours out of the deal. Plus you can always play the game over if different ways too :D