PDA

View Full Version : Achievements won`t unlock!

WoH Jabba81
04-12-2010, 09:26 PM
I have played the complete singleplayer campaign on realistic difficulty setting.
I didnīt get any completion-achievement for beating the game in any difficulty setting nor the one for realistic...
I thought it has to be to do with the credits, because I pushed a button on my controller and it stoped the credits.

I played the last Level again then and let the neverending credits go. About 25min or so it was over and I heard a Conversation between Sam and another person which was very cool.
BUT NO ACHIEVEMENTS :mad:! Please help or post here if you have the same problem like me.
Thanks guys!

Hoborg
04-12-2010, 11:17 PM
Pirated version probably. You should be reported.

DOOKH8R
04-12-2010, 11:20 PM
This game isn't even out yet, right?

Hoborg
04-12-2010, 11:22 PM
Comes out tomorrow Tuesday with Monday midnight releases across the U.S.

DOOKH8R
04-12-2010, 11:24 PM
Maybe the game's achievements have not yet been uploaded (not sure if that is correct word to describe process) to the Microsoft databases or servers. I think a similar thing happened wit the European version of MagnaCarta 2 and Dragon Age

Hoborg
04-12-2010, 11:30 PM
I like my piracy explanation better.

danksch
04-13-2010, 12:25 AM

Good work troll, that just didnt make any sense whatsoever.

vettestingr68
04-13-2010, 12:34 AM

I also liked this explanation. How can you be having problems with the game the day before it comes out?

Good work troll, that just didnt make any sense whatsoever.

I agree it was good work. I don't understand what doesn't make sense about that statement.

I would be more interest in know how he got a copy early. where do I sign up?

Teth Amon
04-13-2010, 01:02 AM

That's not true in every case. I got my Call of Duty a week early and the achievements were unlocking for me. NON PIRATE VERSION actual game.

Your logic is faulty.

goothgone
04-13-2010, 01:04 AM
all my achievement are unlocking without any problem

ColdP1zza
04-13-2010, 02:52 AM
Yeah well you get what you deserve, pirate.

Hoborg
04-13-2010, 05:16 AM
Why should anyone have pity on this guy? No one else is complaining about achievements. He obviously bought a pirate copy which is pretty common in Germany I hear.

Shame on you.

knil
04-13-2010, 05:44 AM
I've never seen a pirated game that doesn't give you the achievements. If you have an example I'd love to know what game it is.

KNIGHTOFSERA
04-13-2010, 06:04 AM
I've never seen a pirated game that doesn't give you the achievements. If you have an example I'd love to know what game it is.

ummmm why do you know that pirated games unlock achievements and why have you seen them?

Filter x360a
04-13-2010, 07:26 AM
Why should anyone have pity on this guy? No one else is complaining about achievements. He obviously bought a pirate copy which is pretty common in Germany I hear.

Shame on you.

Dude, go troll somewhere else. Who cares how he got it...I picked up the game early from today (actually, I could have picked it up Friday had I known). There's lots of people who get it early, so they all have pirated copies? C'mon, get your head out of your ass.

WoH Jabba81
04-13-2010, 07:50 AM
Dude, go troll somewhere else. Who cares how he got it...I picked up the game early from today (actually, I could have picked it up Friday had I known). There's lots of people who get it early, so they all have pirated copies? C'mon, get your head out of your ass.

Thanks Filter x360a!
Hey guys please stop flaming against me...
I bought it regaly on friday in my gameshop right here in my town. Its the english version of the game...
So what? Thanks all for the help!

v SnOwMaN v
04-13-2010, 09:45 AM
All achievements are on disc none are server side.

Just got to chapter select and make sure each chapter as the save icon next to them.

Also if you changed difficulty at any time and didn't notice that could also cause it now to unlock.

PLUS out of every other game that is released. At least one game may have a glitched achievement.

So maybe it did glitch for him.

Funny how people think that if an achievement doesn't unlock they have a pirated copy of the game.

Achievements pop early for some people and some don't pop at all.

Deathr0t
04-13-2010, 06:55 PM
Could it possibly be one of those dying/reloading checkpoints causing the difficulty setting to change? Similar to Rainbow Six Vegas, other games have notable common errors for that as well. It would make sense if you have other achievements and not the realistic, however I see a lot of people on my friends list alone that have already beaten it

Shin Lord
04-13-2010, 10:58 PM
It happened to me as well. When you start a new game on "realistic" you must beat the whole game without ever changing the difficulty mid-level, or if playing any co-op or Deniable Ops don't choose anything other than "realistic". I had to delete my game save (doing this won't delete the points gained for completing challenges or weapon upgrades you've purchased) and play the whole campaign again. Fun times.

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R
04-14-2010, 12:04 AM
ummmm why do you know that pirated games unlock achievements and why have you seen them?

its fairly common knowledge dude
the pirated versions are exactly the same as the retail copies. you can unlock achievements just fine

besides the guy didnt pirate it. people were playing this friday legit

pongsifu
04-14-2010, 12:58 AM
Everyone knows pirated copies still have achievments, even if they didn't, jumping the conclusion that it is pirated would still be stupid, but with the fact that pirated versions wouldn't have this problem and you STILL accuse him of pirating without any reason to believe so just makes you look like a ****.

He's just looking for help ffs

Hoborg
04-14-2010, 01:01 AM
Perhaps my irritation has something to do with the fact that it's not fair others get to play it before we do? Why should some of us wait while you guys get it weeks before we do?

Isn't that like cutting in line and asking the others behind you to be happy for you?

Zobie Capo956
04-14-2010, 01:11 AM
^^^not at all, sorry to say but ur a complete retard. so what if someone gets the game before u? does that take away from ur experience? if so thats just sad. thousands of people get games early without resorting to illegal means so why should they have to wait for YOU to get the game? what makes YOU so important?

Darksaw
04-14-2010, 02:34 AM
Hoborg, just let people who got the game legit enjoy it, they didn't do anything you wouldn't have in their position. I don't see what's so wrong about playing a game before the official release. It's not like they took that copy out of your hands.

stronglikepepsi
04-14-2010, 03:58 AM
Just because people get games before the official release date does not mean they did anything wrong!! I've had it since Saturday and I can promise it's a legit version - it just pays to have friends in the industry - doesn't mean it's wrong or I shouldn't have it

AngelsDontKill
04-14-2010, 04:24 AM
Well i live in edmonton and there is a store here that releses big titles about a week early and i have picked up a couple myself, suck as MW2 and AC2 and both those games achivements popped up fine when i was playing them.

Trdis Trvler
04-14-2010, 05:13 AM
Sorry, but this thread is just funny. I feel sorry for the origional poster.
1. People do sometimes have the chance to buy games early. They have friends at the shops... whatever... So the guy got the game early, good for him. I know there are games that if given the chance to play before anyone else I'd jump on it.
2. Achievements are on the disk.
3. Could be some wierd glitch like the guy said with dying and saving.

Don't know what to tell you, but good luck.

WoH Jabba81
04-14-2010, 06:04 AM
It happened to me as well. When you start a new game on "realistic" you must beat the whole game without ever changing the difficulty mid-level, or if playing any co-op or Deniable Ops don't choose anything other than "realistic". I had to delete my game save (doing this won't delete the points gained for completing challenges or weapon upgrades you've purchased) and play the whole campaign again. Fun times.

Thanks man! I am at Level 8 agein... going to play the last 3 this afternoon. I am looking forward to this ;)
Thanks the other guys for supporting an defending my position! :drunk

rockhopper
04-14-2010, 07:49 AM
yeah unfortunately this happened to me too. But I know why. I had beat the whole game on normal. Then on main menu, I selected continue story, so that I could get the other "choice" achievement. I thought at the last moment to switch difficulty to realistic at the last checkpoint, just to see if the realistic achievement would unlock so I could report it here on the forums. Sure enough, achievement did not unlock, nor did I expect it too. But I thought what's the harm in trying. I was going to replay game on realistic anyways.

Anyways, next day I started from level select first level and selected realistic. Played all the way straight through and still did not get the achievement. So disappointed I wasted like 8 hours of my life. So I guess if you change difficulty at any time, it permanently disables it unless you delete save. I have since moved my save on to a flash drive and am starting over again for my third playthrough.

rhyno1987
04-14-2010, 08:10 AM
I have played the complete singleplayer campaign on realistic difficulty setting.
I didnīt get any completion-achievement for beating the game in any difficulty setting nor the one for realistic...
I thought it has to be to do with the credits, because I pushed a button on my controller and it stoped the credits.

I played the last Level again then and let the neverending credits go. About 25min or so it was over and I heard a Conversation between Sam and another person which was very cool.
BUT NO ACHIEVEMENTS :mad:! Please help or post here if you have the same problem like me.
Thanks guys!
Hey man just completed the game on realistic i got the realistic achievment but not the other one complete on any difficulty

WoH Jabba81
04-14-2010, 09:37 AM
Hey man just completed the game on realistic i got the realistic achievment but not the other one complete on any difficulty

Oh man how glitchy is this game???
At all, I think the Game has a childhood like difficulty on realistic setting...
Way too easy!

Strid
04-14-2010, 09:44 AM

There is no achievement for beating the game on any difficulty other than Realistic. If you beat the game on Easy or Normal you just get the chapter completion achievements.

italianstallion
04-14-2010, 10:08 AM
I have the same problem. Beat it on Realistic without ever going into other game modes and I never changed the difficulty. On the scene selection screen it clearly shows I have 3 dots in all missions. There is a another problem other than changing the difficulty mid game and playing different modes like someone else stated. That could be correct, but there is also something else that will prevent this one from unlocking.

Venomized
04-14-2010, 11:24 AM
Perhaps my irritation has something to do with the fact that it's not fair others get to play it before we do? Why should some of us wait while you guys get it weeks before we do?

Isn't that like cutting in line and asking the others behind you to be happy for you?

Awee you have no patience what so ever. Sucks to be you

L0cke89
04-14-2010, 12:24 PM

Shame on you.

First, that's not true and second, even some of the stores here like Gamestop got the game really early (two weeks before launch) I know that, because I worked at GameStop here and are still friends with the manager.

And even so, this guy could've got his hands on a promo copy. When will people stop bashing gamers who got the game early. Every freakin' time it's the same story over and over again. jeeze >.>

DJCookieUK
04-14-2010, 02:17 PM
I have had the very same problem ... Started the game on normal just to enjoy the story and have a look at the difficulty. Then played a different game mode set to realistic. when I returned to single player and "continued game" I realised after a spell that the game was running in realistic mode. I continued like that as it wasn't much different from normal then started again, to fill in the dots as it were. No achievement .. I continued right to the end to do it all in on shot ... still no pop :( seem like that one is lost :( Maybe there will be an update

Message to the troll ... while you were busy bashing this guy for the early title grab I too also got it early :P Kiss my hologram!

Message to poster... Thank you for your post .. If only I had seen it sooner I would of just gone for it in one shot to get my achievement. Maybe it will help people who haven't yet got this title ... people like .. er... Hoburg

dd316
04-14-2010, 03:00 PM
Ummm... when a game is released, it doesn't roll off the press right onto the retailers shelves on the release date. Games, DVDs, CDs, etc., are all printed way ahead of release date. Sometimes retailers don't pay attention to the street date and put things out before they're supposed to. To assume that someone asking about achievements just ONE DAY BEFORE the game is released is playing a pirated version is silly.

Shin Lord
04-14-2010, 03:40 PM
On just one playthrough on "realistic" you'll unlock 14 unmissable achievements for 290 G's. That's 11 for beating the missions, Revelations, either Judge, Jury and Executioner or Man of Conviction (if you kill or spare Tom Reed), and Realistic Difficulty. You can then choose "continue mission" and get the other Tom Reed achievement as you start at the end of the last level. Along the way you'll probably also get Weapon Upgraded, Gadget Upgraded and Gadgets Expert.

Be sure to remember that to get Realistic Difficulty you must start a new game and play through to the end. You can't beat the game on "rookie" or "normal" and then go to the mission select and complete them on "realistic" because it won't unlock. It's a waste of time and it'll save you the frustration.

Deathr0t
04-14-2010, 04:59 PM
Be sure to remember that to get Realistic Difficulty you must start a new game and play through to the end. You can't beat the game on "rookie" or "normal" and then go to the mission select and complete them on "realistic" because it won't unlock. It's a waste of time and it'll save you the frustration.

That's big thank you, I would have certainly reloaded chapters on realistic after I beat it on normal. Will I still be able to save my first game with all the goodies I purchase? Or should I save to another file location?

Deathr0t
04-14-2010, 05:23 PM
I have the same problem. Beat it on Realistic without ever going into other game modes and I never changed the difficulty. On the scene selection screen it clearly shows I have 3 dots in all missions.

Did you update it? Or did anyone who has this glitch update it the day of release? All I can say is I have several friends on my list who obtained the game earlier and ALL unlocked the Realistic achievement (they obviously had no update) Just my two cents

Possibly its the same as the Rainbow Six glitch, could dying be a cause? Changes the difficulty without knowing? (even if it records the 3 dots)

Shin Lord
04-14-2010, 05:33 PM
I don't think you can have more than one save file. I had to go to my Xbox memory settings and delete my game save. Doing that didn't delete my weapon upgrades or points earned through challenges, which was nice.

Dying didn't seem to cause the difficulty to go down, or cause any problems. I haven't updated my game, just so you know.

Mr Beefy 1983
04-14-2010, 06:13 PM
I haven't got this game yet so don't know if this will work but whenever an achievement won't unlock for me I load up about 5 diferent games(only need to go to main menu) and then try again. I read somewhere (probably on this site) that this will delete the cache for the particular game where the achievement won't unlock. This has nearly always worked for me so may be worth loading up some games and then replaying the last chapter/checkpoint before replaying the whole game.

Daiphyer.
04-14-2010, 07:47 PM

Life's a bitch. Get over it. I got it early too, and I live in UAE.

italianstallion
04-14-2010, 10:37 PM
Did you update it? Or did anyone who has this glitch update it the day of release? All I can say is I have several friends on my list who obtained the game earlier and ALL unlocked the Realistic achievement (they obviously had no update) Just my two cents

Possibly its the same as the Rainbow Six glitch, could dying be a cause? Changes the difficulty without knowing? (even if it records the 3 dots)

Yes, it was updated.

Daxter99
04-15-2010, 12:08 AM
I just finished it on realistic playing for the first time cause I wanted a challege and didn't get it either. So who knows hopefully they'll have an update and fix this!

I SaMsTeR I
04-15-2010, 12:18 AM
This is really saddening. I just beat Realistic, got the 3 dots myself, and what do you know. No achievement for Realistic. UBISOFT UPDATE PLEASE!

Frozenghost001
04-15-2010, 12:25 AM
I have the same problem. Beat it on Realistic without ever going into other game modes and I never changed the difficulty. On the scene selection screen it clearly shows I have 3 dots in all missions. There is a another problem other than changing the difficulty mid game and playing different modes like someone else stated. That could be correct, but there is also something else that will prevent this one from unlocking.
same thing here. pisses me off this achievement is deff. glitched

iGoTiT4FrEe
04-15-2010, 04:56 AM
Would playing the DEMO of the game before hand have something to do with this? (not sure if the DEMO creates a save file or not).....just pulling straws here and throwing out suggestions.I havent started playing the game yet (Yes I did play the DEMO),only added the game codes to get the in-game content which unlocked the "Variety - Purchase any 1 uniform" Achievement..... Could the ingame codes be causing it I wounder?? I remember when you added the Red and Black Map Packs to RB6 it screwed up the cheeves bigtime,thought maybe the same applied here.

Volcom guy992
04-15-2010, 05:10 AM
Same thing happen to me, Only playthrough i did was on realistic and no realistic achievement for me. I am damn pissed off about that. They better release an update in the next 3 days cause i have to return it by then. I just want my achievement!

WoH Jabba81
04-15-2010, 07:12 AM
Same thing happen to me, Only playthrough i did was on realistic and no realistic achievement for me. I am damn pissed off about that. They better release an update in the next 3 days cause i have to return it by then. I just want my achievement!

Did it yesterday evening.
I remember how I started at the beginning when the achievement was not unlocking for me.
A friend and me started the game for the first time and choose normal difficulty just to try out how it is and how difficult the game is.
Then the next day I was alone and thought to start over again with realistic cause its not really hard at all.
Choose the first chapter on chapterselection switched to realistic setting and played all through... nothing.
Now I have it after deleting the savegame and started again.! :woop:

Volcom guy992
04-15-2010, 08:01 AM
Did it yesterday evening.
I remember how I started at the beginning when the achievement was not unlocking for me.
A friend and me started the game for the first time and choose normal difficulty just to try out how it is and how difficult the game is.
Then the next day I was alone and thought to start over again with realistic cause its not really hard at all.
Choose the first chapter on chapterselection switched to realistic setting and played all through... nothing.
Now I have it after deleting the savegame and started again.! :woop:

There has to be a better way then just playing through the entire thing again, I know its not that long, but i dont want to do another playthrough. That is why i played on realistic in the first place.

eviltb
04-15-2010, 03:21 PM
aaaaaaand thats quite enough of that, a reasonable question got ruined by someones inability to just play nice. Infraction for you, Hoborg.