PDA

View Full Version : Splice

Massa Siggy
04-13-2010, 01:38 AM
So I just stumbled across this preview, and I haven't seen anything posted about this yet. I have to say this movie combines two of my interests in one awesome looking package: Adrian Brody and genetic meddling.

Can't wait for June 4th to see how it turned out :D

YouTube- Splice - Trailer

domn8rdom
04-13-2010, 04:20 AM
Man i wanted to see that dumb chick get eaten. from what i saw it looks good except Adrian Brody is in it! that guy is a total pianist

BarbaricGoose
04-13-2010, 07:01 AM
that guy is a total pianist

Is being a pianist a bad thing now..? Oh, just kill me. I've no more connections to this world. Or did you simply say "Pianist" because it sounds like that certain body part? If so, no comment.

Anyway, the movie looks good. Kinda hard to tell if the creature was about to claw her face off or not. I like that. Sci-Fi Mystery. Real good.

Tussell
04-13-2010, 07:12 AM
Is being a pianist a bad thing now..? Oh, just kill me. I've no more connections to this world. Or did you simply say "Pianist" because it sounds like that certain body part? If so, no comment.
I take it you've never seen the movie The Pianist... Featuring none other than Adrien Brody?

BarbaricGoose
04-13-2010, 07:19 AM
I take it you've never seen the movie The Pianist... Featuring none other than Adrien Brody?

That would make a lot more sense.

And no, I've not.

domn8rdom
04-13-2010, 05:14 PM

Anyway, the movie looks good. Kinda hard to tell if the creature was about to claw her face off or not. I like that. Sci-Fi Mystery. Real good.

Ya as Tussell said. he was in the Pianist (the movie). And you being a pianist isnt a bad thing.

And I referenced him in his past movie as a certain body part. it was brilliant!

ApochWeiss
06-20-2010, 05:19 AM
Caught this earlier today. I'm in the middle. It wasn't a BAD film, but it wasn't a GOOD film. It was simply alright. The acting was ok, in a sense, but about a third of the way through everything just became a clusterfuck and went in all different directions with the actors and actresses. I mean, the blonde main character, Elsa, I got the first change in attitude, but then she just kinda lost it. I couldn't tell wtf was going on with her character. Ok, she loved it, then she spurned it cause of the memories of her mother, now she's just fucking psycho? Seriously?

The closing was a bit tense, and when Dren "dies" it's far from a tear jerker but the set up is nice, and I was glad to see there was more to it then just that death. However, the ending? absolutely predictable if you paid attention to the Fred and Ginger, the other two spliced creations during their exhibit. I was greatly let down and how poor the progress of the story went.

Also I laughed my ass off and damn near wet myself when you hear "Iii-iinnn-ssss-iiiiiidd-ddeeee y-yyy-ooo-oouuuu..." and that 2 second pause before Elsa screams. That and the interspecies sex scenes? I dunno, kinda turned me off from the film a bit. Human and Human/spliced hybrid? No. I'm male, I'll say it, I wanted to see Elsa take her shirt off, not the creature. AND I didn't wanna see the male lead character right ass cheek!!!

It was a fresh take on a concept that has been filmed many a time, but coulda been better. It hit a 5.0 on my meh-o-meter, with 10 being the worst.

rvlution
06-20-2010, 07:19 PM
From what I've heard it sounded incredibly stupid. But I'm also biased because I hate Brody. Bad reason, but he looks like a freaking CGI character.