PDA

View Full Version : The Player glitched?

rad fad
04-13-2010, 03:15 PM
This one seems like a no-brainer, but I visited a friends arcade, payed the 40MSP and no achievement popped. I even played the token play after to make sure I did everything right. Has anyone else had this problem?

UnarmedReaper07
04-13-2010, 04:34 PM
This one seems like a no-brainer, but I visited a friends arcade, payed the 40MSP and no achievement popped. I even played the token play after to make sure I did everything right. Has anyone else had this problem?

Here is what I did to unlock "The Player":

You and a friend has to buy the same game (a full game for 240 points) and then you have to visit that friend's arcade. Play the game you bought in your friend's arcade.

rad fad
04-14-2010, 05:53 AM
so it has to be a game that we both own?

UnarmedReaper07
04-15-2010, 03:41 AM
so it has to be a game that we both own?

Pretty much the answer is "yes".

rad fad
04-15-2010, 06:01 AM
tbh, that's dumb as hell. if i already own the game and can play it in my own arcade why would i want to play it in a friend's arcarde besides the once for the 5GS?

UnarmedReaper07
04-15-2010, 11:38 PM
tbh, that's dumb as hell. if i already own the game and can play it in my own arcade why would i want to play it in a friend's arcarde besides the once for the 5GS?

Your friend gets "1" token every time a friend visits his/her arcade. "Gaining tokens doesn't work multiple times in a row". You can see how your friend decorated his/her arcade and of course the achievement itself.

pauly_27
04-16-2010, 09:19 AM
Here is what I did to unlock "The Player":

You and a friend has to buy the same game (a full game for 240 points) and then you have to visit that friend's arcade. Play the game you bought in your friend's arcade.

Sorry, but that is not correct at all. I don't understand why it didn't unlock for you personally Rad, but the achievement worked exactly as it should for me.

i.e, I visited a friends arcade, played his Centipede cabinet using 40 points, and the achievement popped as the game started. Only thing I can suggest is that you try another persons arcade, and to check you don't get the "game room server is unavailable" message when you boot it up.

UnarmedReaper07
04-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Sorry, but that is not correct at all. I don't understand why it didn't unlock for you personally Rad, but the achievement worked exactly as it should for me.

i.e, I visited a friends arcade, played his Centipede cabinet using 40 points, and the achievement popped as the game started. Only thing I can suggest is that you try another persons arcade, and to check you don't get the "game room server is unavailable" message when you boot it up.

There are multiple ways of getting the achievement. The way I did it is one of the ways that it can work. I bought "Centipede" then I played it on a friend's arcade who also bought "Centipede" and it worked. I never tried the "40 point" method, but I guess it can based on your post.

rad fad
04-16-2010, 09:49 PM
Yep, so I got screwed out of 40M$P

ApochWeiss
04-17-2010, 04:11 AM
Yep, so I got screwed out of 40M$P

Did you do it through the 360 console or Games For Windows? GFW is glitchy. As for the 360 console, no idea why it wouldn't have worked for you. I got it by playing a cabinet I already had, but you can also get it just by paying the 40 MSP. I think you can also get it if you just demo a game, not sure on that one though. Either way it should just pop when you play a single game in that person's arcade.

What games do you have? Maybe someone can friend you with that game so you can unlock the achievement without having to pay again.

rad fad
04-19-2010, 09:21 PM
Did you do it through the 360 console or Games For Windows? GFW is glitchy. As for the 360 console, no idea why it wouldn't have worked for you. I got it by playing a cabinet I already had, but you can also get it just by paying the 40 MSP. I think you can also get it if you just demo a game, not sure on that one though. Either way it should just pop when you play a single game in that person's arcade.

What games do you have? Maybe someone can friend you with that game so you can unlock the achievement without having to pay again.

It was on the 360...

And the games I own so far are Shao-lin's Road, Super Cobra and Road Fighter. If anyone has those games and is willing to add me just so I can get the cheevo, it would be appreciated. Thanks

Parallax Demon
04-19-2010, 10:14 PM
I have Super Cobra (the game with the helicopter). So you can visit my arcade to get the ach. If you want I can even boost you with the challenges. Just send me 10 of those and I'll fail them miserably (Highscore, 1 try, 1 minute limit). Rinse and repeat and you have another two achievements.

rad fad
04-20-2010, 09:06 PM
sweet, i'll send you an add.