PDA

View Full Version : Freezing??? Anybody else???

SolvingJunk
04-13-2010, 03:48 PM
My game freezes as soon as I walk down the hall from the first weapon cashe in Kobin's mansion. I walk like 3 feet to the right and it freezes, everytime! Is anybody else haveing this problem. It's really beginning to frustrate me. I cant even play the game. :mad:

Mojo Jojo
04-13-2010, 03:51 PM
We made the exact same thread, at almost the same time, and have the same exact problem.

Not on the Rug, Man
04-13-2010, 04:00 PM
I have the exact same problem directly after that weapons cache. I have tried it six times now and every time the game locks completely in the same spot. Looks like a broken game from the beginning which is a shame because I was very much enjoying it...

Darkprophet
04-13-2010, 04:03 PM
Same Problem here. Worst part is, it says file corrupted, and I need to start the whole game over again now... Also have the Collectors Edition.

Sly Toad
04-13-2010, 04:06 PM
I am going to try it now. I will report back if it does or not.

The Incendiary
04-13-2010, 04:08 PM
Freezes for me at the Lincoln Memorial level, just after the cutscene (and before gameplay) as the game is autosaving. I'm playing off the disk, but I'm installing it to the HDD to see if that helps...

Snowballwarrior
04-13-2010, 04:10 PM
It also freezes for me at the exact same spot.

Mojo Jojo
04-13-2010, 04:12 PM
Same Problem here. Worst part is, it says file corrupted, and I need to start the whole game over again now... Also have the Collectors Edition.

I have the same everything. A buddy is going to switch the disc out for a regular one for me and see if that works. I'm not going to install off the bat with the second copy to make sure it will pass that part. Of course I have to get there again because my save is corrupted.

ZedChuva
04-13-2010, 04:16 PM
Looks like the USB drive isn't the only thing broken eh?

What a shame... guess I can wait until the weekend (i.e. no work) to play. :(

The Incendiary
04-13-2010, 04:16 PM
Installed to HDD and tried it once. It froze again. Started it up yet again and it said my options file was corrupted. Saved over the options file as the game said I should, and tried to load it again, but it's still freezing.

Gonna try to disconnect from LIVE and play from the disc and see what happens.

EDIT: Btw, I have the regular version.

EDIT 2: I tried to start the mission the last time from the Mission Select Screen, but it froze nonetheless.

Sly Toad
04-13-2010, 04:19 PM
Wow everybody's game is freezing. I guess I will just play something else until a patch gets pushed out :(

The Incendiary
04-13-2010, 04:20 PM
Okay, I was freezing at the Lincoln Memorial but here's what I did to make it work:

- Disconnected from LIVE
- Had game installed to HDD, deleted and played from disc.
- Selected the frozen mission from the Scene Select Screen instead of Continue Story
- Changed difficulty from Normal to Rookie (can be changed back in gameplay from the pause menu

I'm not sure which one (or combination of things) made it work, but I'm able to play now.

EDIT: The game reloads the checkpoint when you change difficulty, but I was still not connected to LIVE and was able to reload it back to Normal difficulty, and just now reconnected to LIVE.

Mojo Jojo
04-13-2010, 04:23 PM
Just read that over on the Ubi forums that one of the Tech Support guys will be talking to the developers about it and another guy posted that he cleared his cache and did not accept the update and it's not freezing for him now. I'll have a new copy later. Off to bed now. I have to work tonight.

The Incendiary
04-13-2010, 04:23 PM
Wow everybody's game is freezing. I guess I will just play something else until a patch gets pushed out :(
One was pushed out this morning (EST) to address a UPlay Action not unlocking for fully upgrading a weapon (at least that's the problem I had last night and now has been fixed since the title update).

MrOleg
04-13-2010, 04:24 PM
such a shame 20 minutes in =/

The Incendiary
04-13-2010, 04:25 PM
Just read that over on the Ubi forums that one of the Tech Support guys will be talking to the developers about it and another guy posted that he cleared his cache and did not accept the update and it's not freezing for him now. I'll have a new copy later. Off to bed now. I have to work tonight.
So in other words, he wasn't on LIVE when he was playing, or it was the last update that messes something up...

ChaosGod87
04-13-2010, 04:27 PM
I really hope this doesn't happen when I play the game later on tonight.

Not on the Rug, Man
04-13-2010, 04:28 PM
I'm not about to try all that crazy fucking tomfoolery just to get the first mission on the brand new game I bought for $70 to work.
I was tolerant at first but I've tried to pass that point (the hallway directly after the first weapon cache in the first mission [museum]) over 10 times now and I lock up no matter what.
I did try deleting my game, reinstalling it, and clearing my save files.

All of that is pointless however since the Uplay network saves your progress regardless (at least it seems that way because my upgraded weapons and challenge completion status was the same even though I cleared my HDD of all Conviction files).

EDIT: Now that I read the most recent posts I do remember the Xbox Live update so perhaps this game will have to be played signed off. Terrific, I wasn't looking forward to playing Co-op with my friends anyway!!!

Filter x360a
04-13-2010, 04:36 PM
I'm at the carnival level (Washington Monument) and just had my game freeze for the first time...*sigh*....I can already see this is going to be a pain!

EDIT - 3 times in a row at the SAME spot. This is totally unacceptable!

The Incendiary
04-13-2010, 04:38 PM
Just spoke with a friend of mine who was freezing at the Washington Monument. I told him to disconnect from LIVE and he was able to get past the part he was freezing at, so this leads me to believe that the issue may be related to connecting to LIVE...

STEEL
04-13-2010, 04:38 PM
So in other words, he wasn't on LIVE when he was playing, or it was the last update that messes something up...

I read this as well. Apparently this is common, which sucks (haven't gotten mine yet...will in a few days). The general opinion over on the Gamespot.com forums is that it's the patch and that the game works fine without it, but the jury's still out on that one. Any talk from Ubisoft about solutions?

NickelNine20
04-13-2010, 04:41 PM
I'm having the same problem at Kobin's mansion right next to the weapon upgrades. I've installed to the HDD and played from the disc with the same result. 15 fucking minutes into the game and it's broke.

smashfacecory
04-13-2010, 04:46 PM
mine freezes at the same spot everyone elses does in kobins mansion. this fucking sucks especially since the supposed update should have fixed this.

Filter x360a
04-13-2010, 04:54 PM
I did what other did and played disconnected from Live and got past the freezing part.

The Incendiary
04-13-2010, 04:54 PM
I read this as well. Apparently this is common, which sucks (haven't gotten mine yet...will in a few days). The general opinion over on the Gamespot.com forums is that it's the patch and that the game works fine without it, but the jury's still out on that one. Any talk from Ubisoft about solutions?

This thread is here: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5271091065/m/4341093258/p/1
A Tech Support member says they'll send word on to the development team about it.

The Incendiary
04-13-2010, 04:56 PM
READ FOR SOLUTION:

I did what other did and played disconnected from Live and got past the freezing part.
It seems that disconnecting from LIVE seems to be the best solution. To all others: if you encounter a freeze, disconnect from LIVE and play past the freezing part (or the entire level), then reconnect and everything should hopefully be fine.

EDIT/SOLUTION:
Tech Support on Ubisoft Forums said he forwarded it on to the developers and tells people to clear cache or (SURPRISE!) disconnect from LIVE: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5271091065/m/4341093258?r=4471014258#4471014258 :)

Frosty420
04-13-2010, 05:04 PM
Im having the same problems with Kobins mansion, and have tried everything in this thread with no change to the freezing problem.
I, for one, am taking my game back for a complete refund. Not wasting my time with something that doesnt seem to be getting fixed. RIP OFF!!

MARK1219KRAM
04-13-2010, 05:06 PM
Having the same exact problem. Freezing not even three steps past the weapons crate in Kobin's Mansion.

I am so fucking frustrated right now because I do not know what the hell is wrong.

stronglikepepsi
04-13-2010, 05:06 PM
It was working fine for me yesterday before the update. I turned it on this morning, install the update and it goes through the opening cut scene for level 7 and then it freezes. I tried playing it from the the HD, playing it from the disc, deleting it from the HD and playing it from the disc to no avail :(

At least I got a few hours in yesterday before it went bye bye :(

LucasGFX
04-13-2010, 05:07 PM
If you have the update, clear your cache and restart. DO NOT UPDATE. You will have to play offline, but at least its playable.

MyMorning Dingo
04-13-2010, 05:14 PM
thanks incendiary! disconnecting from LIVE has solved my freezing issue. what a shame... brand new game. hopefully fixed asap

TwIsTeD mInD42
04-13-2010, 05:15 PM
Well im over here in England (hey :L) anyways i'll be ordering mine tonight, and i get it on friday if the mail is on time anyways hopefully it works could somebody msg me if an update comes out anytime soon, so i know if its all good to go ahead and buy it

The Incendiary
04-13-2010, 05:15 PM
thanks incendiary! disconnecting from LIVE has solved my freezing issue. what a shame... brand new game. hopefully fixed asap
Always here to help. :)

theIncredible
04-13-2010, 06:01 PM
I have had the same problem, I tried playing the denied ops and it worked fine, tried playing the level from the scene select, it froze. The game was working fine from the beginning to the lincoln level (all of which I was disconnected from xbox live completely). Plugged my ethernet in and tried to continue and it keeps freezing, I blame the game update that it gave me when I reconnected. Is there a way to delete that?

skipper6996
04-13-2010, 06:02 PM
i am also frezing its a shame these developers cant get anything right

seven43861
04-13-2010, 06:30 PM
I have regular edition, and this game has frozen on me three times in row at the carnival level after the first interrogation, time to get a different copy.

Volcom guy992
04-13-2010, 06:35 PM
Same nonsense is happening for me. I am doing the clear cache thing now so i can play past the part and then go back online. I am also on Kobins mansion. This is very disappointing, I was having fun from the first little parts.

Well the cache worked for me as well. I hope they patch it quick.

Deathr0t
04-13-2010, 06:45 PM
WHAT IN GOD'S NAME DID THEY NOT FIND AFTER MONTHS/YEAR OF EXTRA TESTING!! .. this isn't an MMO!!

The Incendiary
04-13-2010, 06:53 PM
I have regular edition, and this game has frozen on me three times in row at the carnival level after the first interrogation, time to get a different copy.
It has nothing to do with the copy of the game that you bought. It's a LIVE/title update issue.

warnuke
04-13-2010, 06:58 PM
I'm at the carnival level (Washington Monument) and just had my game freeze for the first time...*sigh*....I can already see this is going to be a pain!

EDIT - 3 times in a row at the SAME spot. This is totally unacceptable!

same thing happen to me im not alone!!!!!

EDIT - didn't accept update now its fine, three and a half years isn't enough is it ubisoft

Lloyd Hopkins
04-13-2010, 07:02 PM
Picked it up this morning, same issue.

I cleared the cache and got past the mansion freeze and have been playing offline. If I get the update and it freezes again, can I just clear the cache again safely and continue playing? I only ask because of people talking about corrupted saves.

bigbossx020
04-13-2010, 07:04 PM
well , im on mission it Washington . last night i got this game . i played it fine then next day , it update , i freeze . i was like wtf ? i can tell it "update" you really want play bad . you delete update, you will disconnect for playing single story mission . im sure last night:confused: it very fine i play game .

idave1010
04-13-2010, 07:05 PM
Yeah I have the Collectors Edition and it freezes for me just after the first weapon Stash (Cache), and I have it installed to my hard drive, I've been waiting three years to play this game and Ubisoft thanks me with giving me a faulty USB Drive and a game I can't fucking play. Awesome!

Elit3 m0nkey
04-13-2010, 07:08 PM
You do not have to clear your cache if you don't want to. I played offline without clearing my cache and it worked, no freezing.

rx32degrepber
04-13-2010, 07:11 PM
yup just got the game and cant play it bc it freezes right after the first weapon catche....hopefully well get another update so that we can play....been looking forward to this game for a long time...sucks that i cant even play it.

Kronos1982
04-13-2010, 07:12 PM
Wow, I'm seriously having a debate with myself on whether I should even bother picking up my preorder now.

Phantom720
04-13-2010, 07:23 PM
I was told to turn off the autosave feature by the people at gamestop. But I cant find where to turn the autosave of at.

theIncredible
04-13-2010, 07:35 PM
So what, if anything, is Ubi saying about this?

DarthSoth
04-13-2010, 07:35 PM
I posted this in another topic but this one is a lot bigger.
The problem is apparently the recent patch. Here is how to trick the patch and continue to play SCC while connected to XBL.

-Simply update your game with the latest patch but do not go into any gamemodes.

-Go back to dashboard and disconnect your Ethernet Wire.

-Go into the game and continue your single player game.

-Connect the Ethernet Wire back, hit your guide button and sign into Xbox Live.

-Now you can join your XBL parties and such while playing the SC game with no freezing issues

OR

you can delete the update and wait until Ubi sends a fix patch but you will be playing offline until that happens.

Also try clearing your catche

Xxtrue2dagamexX
04-13-2010, 07:43 PM
mine does the same thing. its either play offline or nothing at all, this sucks thats why i got the game for the co-op element .

Sammymi05
04-13-2010, 07:44 PM
I was having the same problem after the first interrogation in the Washington Monument level, froze up on me 4 times. After reading the forums I disconnected my internet cord, restarted my xbox, loaded the game and loaded the level (instead of continuing my game). No problems from that point forward.

Thank you everyone for quickly finding a solution to this (extremely) annoying problem. I woke up early to be the first one to rent this, lol.

I'm loving it so far... like Arkham Asylum with a silenced pistol.

DarthSoth
04-13-2010, 07:46 PM
mine does the same thing. its either play offline or nothing at all, this sucks thats why i got the game for the co-op element .

Pssst, look at post #49. it's the one right before your last post.

theIncredible
04-13-2010, 07:47 PM
How do you clear the cache or delete the update. I went into the saved files but only had a story save and an options save.

DarthSoth
04-13-2010, 08:02 PM
How do you clear the cache or delete the update. I went into the saved files but only had a story save and an options save.

Instructions

Step 1
Hold the "A" button while turning the Xbox 360 console on.

Step 2
Get into the system menu and select "Memory" from the options.

Step 3
Select the hard drive, and press "Y" to get the device options screen to appear. See a "Rename" and "Delete" options, but don't choose either.

Step 4
Press the following code in: "X, X, left bumper, right bumper, X and X"

Step 5
View a message that your Xbox 360 has performed system maintenance. Select "Yes" to confirm you want to delete the cache.

theIncredible
04-13-2010, 08:09 PM
Thank you.

InkedUp
^^^ I thought there was an option under memory now so you didn't have to go through all that? In memory their should be a clear cache option when you select the hdd.

Zobie Capo956
any word from ubi on a patch? and if im past the mansion should it be safe to go back online with this? i dont want a corrupt save file now that im a few hours into it

DarthSoth
04-13-2010, 08:16 PM
any word from ubi on a patch? and if im past the mansion should it be safe to go back online with this? i dont want a corrupt save file now that im a few hours into it

From what I've heard, no you are not out of the shit after the first weapons locker. As for a patch from Ubi, we are likely looking at about a week since MS has to approve the patch before it gets put up.

Zobie Capo956
04-13-2010, 08:21 PM
From what I've heard, no you are not out of the shit after the first weapons locker. As for a patch from Ubi, we are likely looking at about a week since MS has to approve the patch before it gets put up.
i dont think they will take a week to put out a patch for an error that pretty much prevents the single player to be played. im guessing the patch will be out by tomorrow. and yea i had heard it wasnt safe after that either but was just asking to see if anyone knew for sure. thanks :)

DarthSoth
04-13-2010, 08:22 PM
This is right from Ubi.

QuidProKuo (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0))
Community Developer
http://forums.ubi.com/evefiles/avatars/8/1/1/8111022185/avatar.jpg
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/ver1.3.5.2147483647/platform_images/blank.gif (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5271091065/m/6701094258?r=6701094258#6701094258)Posted Tue April 13 2010 11:37 We are currently investigating a freezing issue seen in the title update that was released for Splinter Cell Conviction on the Xbox 360 this morning. This issue only happens after installing the update and we have asked Microsoft to remove the update for the time being until we can determine the cause and fix the issue. If you have installed the update please remove it and play through the impacted mission again.

[UPDATE]
We have found that if you disconnect from XBL while playing you will reduce the chances of freezing without having to remove the update.

So nothing just yet but we will see how quick they can resolve this.

DarthSoth
04-13-2010, 08:27 PM
^^^ I thought there was an option under memory now so you didn't have to go through all that? In memory their should be a clear cache option when you select the hdd.

Yeah sorry about that.

Go to your system setting at the dashboard, select memory.

The next screen that comes up should be asking you to select a storage device I.E. a hard drive.

Highlight what ever device you saved your game on (most likely your hard drive) and press Y. Clear System Cache is the third option.

HCHecxz
04-13-2010, 08:34 PM
Hell I can't even play the game. When i'm connected to Live, my whole Dashboard locks up with the Disc inside. I'm using the Collector's Edition too.....so lame.

My wife is playing Mega Man 10 right now on it and it's playing fine so I know it's not the XBOX...

Ubisoft should of developed this game another year longer. They bit the bullet hard. Worst XBOX 360 Glitch ever!

rx32degrepber
04-13-2010, 08:46 PM
about to try the trick with disconnecting from live...so hopefully it works

bLaKgRaVy
04-13-2010, 08:55 PM
Update on the Ubisoft forums: (as of 4:34 PM EST, 8:34 PM GMT)

[LATEST UPDATE]
The issue has been resolved, you should now be able to play without further problems.

[UPDATE]
We have found that if you disconnect from XBL while playing you will reduce the chances of freezing without having to remove the update.

[ORIGINAL POST]
We are currently investigating a freezing issue seen in the title update that was released for Splinter Cell Conviction on the Xbox 360 this morning. This issue only happens after installing the update and we have asked Microsoft to remove the update for the time being until we can determine the cause and fix the issue. If you have installed the update please remove it and play through the impacted mission again.
This message has been edited. Last edited by: QuidProKuo (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/personal?x_myspace_page=profile&u=8111022185), Tue April 13 2010 13:34

The Incendiary
04-13-2010, 08:58 PM
Apparently this issue has been fixed:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5271091065/m/6701094258

Mitsukai
04-13-2010, 08:59 PM
To clarify, is the title update still up; and if so, are they saying that they fixed what was causing the freezing in the update (thus replacing it with a similar, though non-broken, update) allowing you to play while connected to Xbox Live?

Edit: On a side note, regardless of the answer, I love all the "Worst glitch ever/worst game ever/worst game developer ever" comments, despite the fact this problem was taken care of in a timely manner and was not related to the game disc itself whatsoever.

DarthSoth
04-13-2010, 08:59 PM
Damn, I missed that update by 10 minutes with my ubi post.

bLaKgRaVy
04-13-2010, 09:01 PM

Wow, same EXACT thing I posted...

The Incendiary
04-13-2010, 09:02 PM
I can confirm that, even WITH the update, the game no longer freezes for me at the point it did this morning. I believe everything has been fixed. Can anyone else report in on this?

The Incendiary
04-13-2010, 09:04 PM
Wow, same EXACT thing I posted...
Yeah, you beat me to it, although when I was typing that up your post hadn't gone through yet... :)

bLaKgRaVy
04-13-2010, 09:05 PM
To clarify, is the title update still up; and if so, are they saying that they fixed what was causing the freezing in the update (thus replacing it with a similar, though non-broken, update) allowing you to play while connected to Xbox Live?

Edit: On a side note, regardless of the answer, I love all the "Worst glitch ever/worst game ever/worst game developer ever" comments, despite the fact this problem was taken care of in a timely manner and was not related to the game disc itself whatsoever.

It doesn't say, but if the title update is still there, you have to download it to play online. I'm assuming they took that update down and put a new one up, or just tweaked the one that was up earlier.

Another link: http://www.thelostgamer.com/2010/04/13/splinter-cell-conviction-freezing-issue-now-resolved/

bLaKgRaVy
04-13-2010, 09:06 PM
Yeah, you beat me to it, although when I was typing that up your post hadn't gone through yet... :)

It's all good :)

Zobie Capo956
04-13-2010, 09:26 PM
It's all good :)
yay! good thing we didnt have to actually have to wait a week

Filter x360a
04-13-2010, 09:27 PM
Just checked again and no more freezes! That's awesome! I wish more companies were committed to fixing problems like this. Very impressed!

DarthSoth
04-13-2010, 09:34 PM
That is rather impressive. Couple hours and it is fixed. I haven't even gotten home from work yet the the problem will not even have existed for me. Sweet.

Zobie Capo956
04-13-2010, 09:48 PM
That is rather impressive. Couple hours and it is fixed. I haven't even gotten home from work yet the the problem will not even have existed for me. Sweet.
told u we wouldnt wait a week :drunk lol

R34 ftw
04-13-2010, 09:52 PM
Me and my friend are playing now and haven't any problems so far, and his Xbox is actually becoming more notorious for freezing.

Basically what I would do from now on is buy your games used from Gamestop. That way you have 7 days to run into problems and if you do, you can swap it for another copy or get your money back.

Good luck, hope you can get your game working.

Mojo Jojo
04-14-2010, 12:18 PM
It's not entirely fixed. With game installed it still freezes every time during the cutscene after Kobin's mansion. I uninstalled and it's been working fine.

ZedChuva
04-14-2010, 01:39 PM
I'll still wait until the weekend to play it I thinks. I don't play anything unless it's installed. Runs cooler and quieter.

At least the "delete cache" thing isn't needed. When you do that, you delete EVERY update to ALL you games... right? I say, screw that, cause I'm playing too many games to have to update everything again. :woop: