PDA

View Full Version : V

SSJ3
04-13-2010, 04:16 PM
Anyone else seen the new series? I've watched about two episodes online and I really want to start watching it. (Sorry if there is already a thread but I searched and didn't find anything.)

Also in case you didn't know it starts over here in the UK tonight on Sci Fi.

Denny Crane
04-14-2010, 07:37 AM
Yes, I'm enjoying it.

StrickenHAWK666
04-14-2010, 09:56 AM
Been watching it. really good tv program! probably one of my favourites. its great.

iBlessing 09
04-16-2010, 11:30 PM
What's it about, a few of my friends recommend it but I never asked what it was about.

TUSCANreborn
04-17-2010, 12:19 PM
Aliens come to earth all "nicey nice" asking for water and they'll give us some tech. Turns out they're lizards harvesting humans, and the series follows the resistance and their fight against the V's. (this is all based on the orginal but the new one seems to be the same) Only seen the 2 episodes aired the other day on SYFY but it seems to be following the original, with the aliens having been here for a while the only noticeable difference so far.

Sirius
04-17-2010, 06:45 PM
What's it about, a few of my friends recommend it but I never asked what it was about.

V is a great show, but you could always check the wikipedia instead of spam posting everywhere for people to spoonfeed you opinions.

Pumkinstew
04-17-2010, 08:02 PM
Just watched the first episode on Sky's weekend pass. Seemed like a bit of a Firefly reunion at first but it was good enough that I'll probably find some way of watching some more.

HarperBird
04-19-2010, 01:40 PM
V is a great show, but you could always check the wikipedia instead of spam posting everywhere for people to spoonfeed you opinions.

Best response ever, its so true!!

OT- Watched first couple of episodes but didn't really appeal to me dunno why just thought it was kinda lame!

TUSCANreborn
05-11-2010, 07:50 AM
Anyone in the UK watching this? If so did last tuesdays episode seem to be cut in a few places? One place being when the blonde woman kills the V in her house (it kinda lead to the shot of her about to stamp on the thing in his chest but then changed scene) and the second place was when Anna got busy with the muscles at the end (fastest mating scene ever).

Spoony Bard
05-12-2010, 05:15 AM
I thought the first 4 episodes were spectacular, but have been less impressed since the show came back from the holiday/Olympics hiatus. I thought the way the handled John May was disappointing (and not just because I was hoping they'd bring in either Marc Singer or Michael Ironside to play him) and in my opinion the show is lacking a clearly defined direction right now.

I'd still recommend the show, especially if you enjoyed the original V stuff. And I do hold out hope that it will get much better (especially once they get Tyler past this mopey, love-sick puppy plot).

Durdens Wrath
08-02-2010, 03:06 AM
I thought the first 4 episodes were spectacular, but have been less impressed since the show came back from the holiday/Olympics hiatus. I thought the way the handled John May was disappointing (and not just because I was hoping they'd bring in either Marc Singer or Michael Ironside to play him) and in my opinion the show is lacking a clearly defined direction right now.

I'd still recommend the show, especially if you enjoyed the original V stuff. And I do hold out hope that it will get much better (especially once they get Tyler past this mopey, love-sick puppy plot).

It's gotten much better. I especially love the arc that has to do with Anna's daughter.

Kunduz
08-02-2010, 03:21 AM
it actually surprised me, I didn't think I would enjoy it as much as the original series.

HAK Devil
08-04-2010, 05:46 AM
Can't wait for the next season of this. I was surprised as to how good this show actually was when I started watching. Being a fan of the original series I was skeptical but this is a quality show

MATH3W MAGNUM77
08-04-2010, 02:57 PM
is quite stupid really.. the show comes and goes.. after the 4th episode it took a 3 month holiday..
came bak. took a week off.. wtf?? i want my episode every week!

shudderWINGS
08-04-2010, 03:17 PM
is quite stupid really.. the show comes and goes.. after the 4th episode it took a 3 month holiday..
came bak. took a week off.. wtf?? i want my episode every week!

And networks wonder why shows don't develop an audience.

DarthSoth
08-05-2010, 07:06 PM

I felt the same way. I thought they handled the original airing of the show horribly. They start the show in November, air 4 episodes then break off for 4 months before showing the remaining episodes. That was just horribly done. There was plenty of time to either air more episodes before the olympic break or hold off and have a mid season start like a lot of other shows do. The Olympics weren't until February so that long of a hiatus wasn't really neccessary and it totally killed the momentum of the series. Plus it didn't help that the latter episodes weren't as good either.

I will wait and see how they do with a regular season this fall, but I found my interest slowly dwindling as the 1st season went on. I was a huge fan of the original series when I was a kid so that will make me give this one a better shot at hooking me though.

lizard9979
08-05-2010, 07:12 PM
Watched the first 1/2, then missed the second half. Will end up buying the Season 1 DVD when it comes out. According to IMDB, it was picked up for season 2.

shudderWINGS
08-13-2010, 11:21 PM
I felt the same way. I thought they handled the original airing of the show horribly. They start the show in November, air 4 episodes then break off for 4 months before showing the remaining episodes. That was just horribly done. There was plenty of time to either air more episodes before the olympic break or hold off and have a mid season start like a lot of other shows do. The Olympics weren't until February so that long of a hiatus wasn't really neccessary and it totally killed the momentum of the series. Plus it didn't help that the latter episodes weren't as good either.

I will wait and see how they do with a regular season this fall, but I found my interest slowly dwindling as the 1st season went on. I was a huge fan of the original series when I was a kid so that will make me give this one a better shot at hooking me though.

Well, the original problem (if my memory serves me correctly) is that they ONLY filmed FOUR episodes. Maybe two more, but that was it.

Studio executives weren't sure if it was gonna make it past those original few or whatever, so more were never ordered.

Still though (while I enjoy the show), I feel the same: there is a lack of direction, the John May arc was almost pointless, and I'm just annoyed by how they got rid of the one crazy dude who's name I can't remember already.

It's almost like watching a spectacular train wreck. But I love every minute of it.

Tweekem
08-14-2010, 12:26 AM
I cant wait for more... especially if they are going to bring back old characters like Diana. Gonna be an interesting new season in Nov!

shocellist
09-08-2010, 07:39 PM
I started watching the show at its start because I had run out of shows to watch, but I kind of lost interest.