PDA

View Full Version : Tennant or smith.

xTGMx INF3RNO
04-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Doctor who.

who do you think is the best.

david tennant or matt smith.

I personally think tennant was brillant and its just the best ever.
however i thought smith was gunna suck but he is pretty good still not up to tennants standards.

how about you?

Postmodernmartyr
04-13-2010, 08:01 PM
Well for one thing, you gotta remember, american board members will not have seen Smith in action til this weekend... but yeah, I thought Smith did great, but Tennant was amazing!!!

xTGMx INF3RNO
04-13-2010, 08:25 PM
Oo i thought it was this week smith was seen in america. still tennant ftw! the way smith talks sometimes is odd and he is a lot less emotional that tennant

Postmodernmartyr
04-13-2010, 08:31 PM
Oo i thought it was this week smith was seen in america. still tennant ftw! the way smith talks sometimes is odd and he is a lot less emotional that tennant
BBCA does not get to see the 11th Hour til this weekend, by then, you'll be on your third new episode... but it's still early in the season... when the switch first happened from Eccleston to Tennant, I was unsure at first... Smith will get better with time... just like a good Dr. should!!!

A Satyr
04-13-2010, 08:37 PM
I went into watching it thinking it would be horrible, but it was decent. The episode itself was pretty shitty but Mat did well as the doctor, i was never a big fan of Tennant and i hated his 1st episode so he's already off to a good start... lets see if it keeps up. Also none will ever be as good as Eccleston, ever...

TheFlyingToaster
04-13-2010, 09:01 PM
David Tennat was an amazing doctor for 4 years so Matt Smith has a long way to go to try and match him imo. We are only 2 episodes into the new series though and so far I'm really enjoying it. Him and the girl (forget her name lol) are doing a great job. Lets be honest David Tennat was always gonna be a hard act to follow.

xTGMx INF3RNO
04-14-2010, 01:02 AM
Tennant will always be the best...
the girls name is amy played by karen gillian and ^^ eclleston was pretty shit worst one easy.
but every ep tennant did just got better and better and his final ones were amazzing . he will never be beaten

Postmodernmartyr
04-14-2010, 01:10 AM
Tennant will always be the best...
the girls name is amy played by karen gillian and ^^ eclleston was pretty shit worst one easy.
but every ep tennant did just got better and better and his final ones were amazzing . he will never be beaten
I don't know... I didn't have a problem with it, but a lot of critics pointed out, he got really whiny in the very end... I did love it though, and I'm a huge Steven Moffatt fan so I can have nothing but hope for the future of the show, the Dr. changes... it's just part of it all, the show is still good, and by and large the Doctor is still the Doctor!!!

SALT1R3
06-07-2010, 05:53 AM
I love Sci-Fi and its good to see Doctor Who going from strength to strength however I cannot watch it; it's just too cheesy lol!

As for the topic question, well I gotta say Tennant to support a fellow Scotsman hehe :D

HarperBird
06-08-2010, 12:15 AM
I was a huge fan of Tennant so when he left i was annoyed/saddened and i thought i would hate Smith!

But i would have to go with Smith I think it might be down to the new writers and the more interesting 'monster of the week' episodes but i find Smith character really enjoyable and this is only the first series with him in it so i hope that over time he will be able to develop his character even more!

I thought the most recent episode (with Van Gough) was one of the best yet this season!

Sambuca Queen
06-08-2010, 07:33 PM
Im a Tennant fangirl through and through. Smith doesnt impress me and Im not warming to him. Theres nothing I like about him or how the series has gone, new Tardis, new sonic screwdriver, new companion who looks like a munter. I MISS DAVID!!!

eclleston was pretty shit worst one easy.

Christopher Eccleston was a good Doctor and its a shame he only did the 1 series. But it lead well to Tennant, so it wasnt all bad.

MopFlop
06-10-2010, 12:29 PM
I quite like smith as the doctor. Is a complete change to tennant

however im going to be quite controversial here and say that i actually thought Christopher Eccleston is hte best of the recent Dr whos. I just loved the seriousness of him. would of been nice to of seen him if it had a bigger budget, but yeah.

benjaminoz
06-13-2010, 08:01 AM
Smith is pretty good but David Tennant was the best!
He could still come back, there's the half-human version of him in the parallel universe with Rose still

benjaminoz
06-13-2010, 08:02 AM
I liked Christopher Eccleston too, they're not keeping any of them for long enough!

Paranormal Paramore
06-13-2010, 08:38 AM
I am a fan of both, Tennant's performance in The End of Time almost has me voting for him, but I have to go with Smith as my favorite.

Corrupt.
06-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Smith is okay, but as I went to school with him I know he is a bit of a tool...