PDA

View Full Version : About the Collector's Edition "DIGGING IN THE ASHES" Comic Book...

Cipher Complex
04-13-2010, 10:55 PM
Did anyone get this for those that got the Collector's Edition? It says in the back that this is packaged with everything else, did not find it in mine.

Emfulz
04-13-2010, 11:00 PM
I did not get mine and I don't know how the hell to open this USB... any help?

Gamersdg
04-13-2010, 11:24 PM
I emailed Ubisoft, They told me the the Comic is on the flash drive in a .PDF file but since most of the flash drives don't work they will put it up on there website. also I have know clue how to use the usb drive.

Emfulz
04-13-2010, 11:41 PM
I wish the Comic Book was an actual book and not digital.

To open the USB you have to push down on the left side so that it pops up, no sliding involved. Plus my USB doesn't work because it doesn't even show it on my computer, I was hoping that it would of just been empty so I could use it but I guess not.

At least I get stickers, yay?

theIncredible
04-14-2010, 12:17 AM
I got the USB open, it's tough and didn't get any easier with each attempt. The last time I opened it the actual USB part popped out across the room. I noticed another CE game coming out soon (can't remember which game) and in the CE it has a card USB similar to the SC one. I'll be passing on these USBs from now on.

Elit3 m0nkey
04-14-2010, 12:30 AM
Ya the usb is tricky to open. And it won't work (probably) so it doesn't even matter. You think they would of tested to make sure they work don't you think.

SuperWoody64
04-14-2010, 01:41 AM
Mine works, putting it in makes me feel like I'm going to break it (that's what she said) though so I probably won't use it. It's only 512MB so you can't even use it as a 360 memory card.

D4B0MB1N4T10N
04-14-2010, 03:18 AM
Mine works, putting it in makes me feel like I'm going to break it (that's what she said) though so I probably won't use it. It's only 512MB so you can't even use it as a 360 memory card.

lol, watch "the Office" at all? steve carrel (micheal scott) is notorious for his "thats what she said" quotes. fricking hilarious!

anyways, mines another not working. oh well. gotta say it was a neat design, but kind of stupid at the same time, dont really like how the "card" fucntions like that.

the usb plug on a hinge? could it even fucntion right?

THEMANGLER4
04-14-2010, 08:28 AM
I got the ce and gamestop gave me a $10 gift card because its a piece of crap

Zenth Forbias
04-14-2010, 01:30 PM
I have had no problem with my Flash drive. I had a hard time trying to figure out how to open it... for 3 seconds. Then realized it. Mine works great. :D.

ZedChuva
04-14-2010, 01:41 PM
My USB drive works fine... nothing on it, but it works fine. :mad:

Kronos1982
04-14-2010, 03:17 PM
My 360 was able to recognize it, but no content was found and I couldn't store anything on it. It wasn't large enough. To format. For my Xbox. That's what she said?

Elit3 m0nkey
04-14-2010, 03:28 PM
For anyone who has a USB drive that doesn't work or has nothing on it, Ubisoft has stated that the content will be put up on their website on April 15.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6257617.html?tag=latestheadlines%3Btitle%3B2

D4RK V1C3
04-14-2010, 04:59 PM
got the european collectors edition and there came a printed comic with it :woop:

fraggyy
04-14-2010, 11:39 PM
Yeeah, i also have the european limited edition version which includes:

- Sam's figurine
- Steel Case (Game CD and Soundtrack)
- MP5 code
- SC3000 code
- SMG-2 code
- Infiltration Mode code
- Shadow Armor code
- Ghost Recon Future Soldier Multiplayer Beta sign up

Plus extra pre-order stuff:
- Spas-12 SD code
- Chaos Theory full game code
- Printed Splinter Cell Comic (both in Flemish and French)

xI MrBubbles Ix
04-15-2010, 02:25 AM
Lol let's just hope this isn't the way it's always going to be, puttin comics on a USB rather than actually getting one made of genuine paper ! Oh the calamity !

Gotham
04-15-2010, 03:24 AM
I got an actual comic book. I live in Australia and it came with the limited collectors edition. I guess Europe will get it too. Lol...America.

xI Foxtrot Ix
04-15-2010, 03:35 AM
I had to go back and read the fine print of my bestbuy order. It clearly states that the comic book is digital. And BTW my usb drive was faulty. All I wanted was the sweet 'steelbook' case anyways.... so I'm happy!

LobsterCat
04-15-2010, 07:10 PM
Yeah i got an actual book too. Im in canada and bought it from HMV here. So it sucks for people who dont get the real book :(

Daiphyer.
04-15-2010, 07:22 PM
Yea the real book is awesome. I got it. It's my first time to get something like this with a game.

caineMF
04-15-2010, 08:22 PM
I got my preordered copy today and an exclusive preorder pack including a code for a silenced SPAS-12, the making of DVD and the comic... as an actual book. Dunno if that was possible to get in other countries, I am from Germany... but I don't really like the comic to be honest, maybe due to the crappy translation x)

Onyok
04-15-2010, 08:58 PM
I wasn't expecting the USB flashdrive to be any bigger than 512Mb since the Limited Collector's Ed is priced as the standard ed aside from technical concerns! But at least I got a coupon so it's still a few dollars cheaper than its standard & it's working fine. They should have made it 1Gb at least even on a $80 mark for the bundle esp for us loyal fans! As with the book(let), good thing I got one! :D

Elit3 m0nkey
04-16-2010, 02:28 AM
Yeah i got an actual book too. Im in canada and bought it from HMV here. So it sucks for people who dont get the real book :(

WTF? I'm in Canada too! Man this sucks.

PS: I did buy mine from EB Games. although that shouldn't make a difference, I think.

LobsterCat
04-17-2010, 08:20 PM
WTF? I'm in Canada too! Man this sucks.

PS: I did buy mine from EB Games. although that shouldn't make a difference, I think.

OK sorry, i apologize. I got the "art of splinter cell book" i never got the actual comic book. i guess the comic book must be on the USB drive like people say. sorry for the misleading information..i feel like the president of the United States ;)

ZedChuva
04-18-2010, 05:27 AM
I got mine from EB, and was supposed to get the Figure, but they weren't shipped. :mad: Oh well, got the game, got my extras, a cool USB drive, steelbook, art book... for regular price.

WackFiend
04-18-2010, 06:19 AM
I was a little disappointed the Collector's Edition didn't come with a comic book. Until I read this topic I didn't know it was on the USB drive. I would have preferred a printed one.

Considering the Collector's Edition was originally $79.99, then dropped to $69.99 because of faulty USB drives it's not so bad. But then I picked it up at Best Buy for $59.99, the same price as the normal edition. So I got a steelbook and art book for free. Plus, since I'm a Best Buy Gamerz Club member, I got 500 reward points extra for buying the game, which is essentially a $10 Best Buy gift card. And all I'm missing out on is bonus concept art and storyboards, which I can now download any? Which part of this is supposed to be a bad thing?

Kaz 421
04-18-2010, 07:35 AM
I kinda like usb thing, well just the way it looks. I'm not really mad that the usb doesn't "work" since you could just go the site and download the content (or that's what I've gathered), but I'm a bit disappointed that the actual usb part isn't even there on the thing when I opened it.

I fell a bit cheated but this isn't the first time I've felt cheated in a 6 month period on CE's. They tempted me so with the steal cases so I guess that's really all I'm wanting out of these CE's that come out. Oh and at lest I got stickers too, yay for stickers.

But I have a question. Could I use any usb to get the content from the web site?

ZedChuva
04-18-2010, 08:13 AM
No USB needed. Just go there and download the .rar file.