PDA

View Full Version : Using a USB to transfer profiles/items?

Catso10
04-14-2010, 01:30 AM
So my friend is trading his 120GB hard drive for my 20 GB. He only plays Skate 1,2, and eventually 3. But anyway, I want to keep all my memory and neither of us have a transfer cable. But I recently heard about using a USB to transfer. I only have a 8 GB flash drive (USB), and I'm wondering if I would be able to take certain items off of my current 20GB at a time, leave them on my computer, then with that cleared USB go back and take more stuff off of it. Would this work? Can I leave items on my computer?

II BeNtOn 92 II
04-14-2010, 01:33 AM
So my friend is trading his 120GB hard drive for my 20 GB. He only plays Skate 1,2, and eventually 3. But anyway, I want to keep all my memory and neither of us have a transfer cable. But I recently heard about using a USB to transfer. I only have a 8 GB flash drive (USB), and I'm wondering if I would be able to take certain items off of my current 20GB at a time, leave them on my computer, then with that cleared USB go back and take more stuff off of it. Would this work? Can I leave items on my computer?

Danggg ive never thought of that, but I dono if it works...

Wortsenawl
04-14-2010, 08:08 AM
Yes, I am pretty sure you can, but you will need some software that allows your PC to read the XBOX formatted partition on the USB stick... I know it is possible, because I have kinda done it the other way round. I downloaded a couple of delisted trial demos (speedball and double dragon) and they are on my PC, which I then burnt to CD to play via the XBOX. If that is possible, then it is certainly possible to achieve what you are after.

superandyt
04-14-2010, 08:22 AM
I'm in a similar situation...last year I was working in Korea, when I left my xbox came with me causing my flatmate to have is parents buy one and bring it over to him during a visit.

The DLC has prompted him to buy RE5 but to avoid starting it again he'd like me to send him his save data from my xbox hard drive...he had a gamertag on my machine that he recovered once he got his own so that wont be an issue I'm just hoping there's a way I can email the files instead of posting my USB stick across the globe.

Kamakazi Pear
04-14-2010, 12:52 PM
Hey, I was wondering a similar thing, so I may aswell use this thread instead of starting a new one.

I recently bought a Super Elite, but I don't have a transfer cable. Can I just recover my GT to a USB, then plug my USB into my xbox and use whichever HD has the save I want to use on it? Basically like people do with MU's?

storm python
04-14-2010, 12:57 PM
Hey, I was wondering a similar thing, so I may aswell use this thread instead of starting a new one.

I recently bought a Super Elite, but I don't have a transfer cable. Can I just recover my GT to a USB, then plug my USB into my xbox and use whichever HD has the save I want to use on it? Basically like people do with MU's?
Yes you can. I had some old save data i wanted from my old 20gig HDD and just transfered 4.3gig of data to me 120gig HDD using an 8gig memory stick.

Kamakazi Pear
04-14-2010, 02:12 PM
Yes you can. I had some old save data i wanted from my old 20gig HDD and just transfered 4.3gig of data to me 120gig HDD using an 8gig memory stick.

So how do I go about transferring data from a 20GB HD, to a Memory Stick, and then to my 250GB HD? Or can I not do that?

MattyB
04-14-2010, 04:29 PM
So how do I go about transferring data from a 20GB HD, to a Memory Stick, and then to my 250GB HD? Or can I not do that?
You should be able to do that just fine.

gromitSWE
04-15-2010, 01:00 PM
Yes i think you can

funman
04-15-2010, 01:30 PM

You can use you GT off a USB stick like i am doing, but you would still only be able to use DLC that was done with your GT and on your xbox, it still has the limits on some DLC. (But some DLc is not xbox coded, so can be moved about!

It is so much easier then you think! All the xbox usb is a folder that is hidden! So you you need to do is :-

1. Copy on to the usb stick (after you have done the Xbox formatting thing)
2. Plug in to computer
3. Go to 'Tool', 'Folder options'
4. On the view tab, select 'Show Hidden files and folders'
close window and you should now see the xbox folder, so just copy that folder to you computer.
5. If you need more things format again (with xbox) and copy your files over, follow 2-4

Then to put them on the bigger hard drive.

1. Plug USB in to xbox and copy things back.
2. Plug USB in to computer and copy over the first folder (step 4 above) back to the USB, then step 1 above.

You don't need to decode anything, it's just simple!

MAKE SURE YOU KEEP THE FOLDER AS WAS, CUS IF YOU CHANGE ANYTHING YOU COULD MESS UP THE DATA

Darkharmony
04-15-2010, 08:10 PM
One thing I really was curious about is can you send someone a game save through this new USB transfer option? I mean I understand limits on DLC and games etc. But theirs no limits on game saves I'd think.

mrbonelly
04-15-2010, 10:10 PM
One thing I really was curious about is can you send someone a game save through this new USB transfer option? I mean I understand limits on DLC and games etc. But theirs no limits on game saves I'd think.

must............. hold.............. back............ want ........... to........ flame......... so......... badly............

Now why would you want to do that?

Kamakazi Pear
04-15-2010, 10:28 PM

*face palm*

funman
04-16-2010, 07:59 AM

Yes you can, you can use a USB software to take your files from the USB, but as this is a good site I cant name it. But if you really want to look in to this message me and I will tell you where to look! I know a site that will tell you how to do it and what you need!

Darkharmony
04-16-2010, 10:14 AM
Yeah I don't know any real practical applications to this. I just noticed that the files were visible on my computer so it got me thinking. I didn't want to do it cause I really have no reason to. Mainly I was wondering if they just openned the door to things like that being super easy since I was able to see random files on my usb drive with no special software. btw I love your responses to my thoughts, I mean I know others might be trying to cheat to get their score up but I mean I've had my 360 about 2 years and still only got 7k points since I just play casually. And thank you funman but I don't want to actually do it :D

funman
04-16-2010, 12:50 PM
Yeah I don't know any real practical applications to this. I just noticed that the files were visible on my computer so it got me thinking. I didn't want to do it cause I really have no reason to. Mainly I was wondering if they just openned the door to things like that being super easy since I was able to see random files on my usb drive with no special software. btw I love your responses to my thoughts, I mean I know others might be trying to cheat to get their score up but I mean I've had my 360 about 2 years and still only got 7k points since I just play casually. And thank you funman but I don't want to actually do it :D

Thats cool, i don't change thing to make me look good! The only mod i have done is on my borderlands save, due to it getting messed up by playing online, and it locking out missions, so I reset my self to the start of play-though 2 again so I can finish the game!

Just like you have have been going slowly and playing the games i enjoy and not for Gs. I would never use my cable to change anything ig, as it is cheating!