PDA

View Full Version : DLC, how long will it take?

Ozbaab
04-14-2010, 08:16 AM
I just finished the main quest and I got some misc quests left, haven't started with any DLC yet, got 10 bobbleheads, and I've played 50 hrs so far :o

Just wondering, all DLC combined, is more playtime then the mainquest? What would you say?

jgahagan
04-14-2010, 10:42 AM
I would put Operation: Anchorage at about 1-2 hours, The Pitt at about 3-5 hours, Broken steel is technically limitless, Point Lookout at about 7-8 hours and Mothership Zeta at around 3 hours. I think it all really depends on whether your going to take your time with them.

If you take your time and explore every nook and cranny it will take you way longer to complete and you'll get good use out of them. You can blitz the DLC's in about half of those times though.

Ozbaab
04-14-2010, 12:31 PM
Ok thanks. I'm the type that explores thoroughly so I'm adding an hour or two :)

Admiral Axtell
04-14-2010, 01:05 PM
If you explore everything in point lookout, maybe 7, but if your just interested in the quests then it will take about 3.

BrandAid1138
04-14-2010, 03:39 PM
and just to let you know about the mothership zeta dlc....if you are going for the alien archiver achievement...19 of the archives are BEFORE you have to take the space walk. Once you take the space walk on the outside of the ship, you cannot go back for the archives. There is another thread around here detailing it.

Ozbaab
04-14-2010, 03:56 PM
and just to let you know about the mothership zeta dlc....if you are going for the alien archiver achievement...19 of the archives are BEFORE you have to take the space walk. Once you take the space walk on the outside of the ship, you cannot go back for the archives. There is another thread around here detailing it.

THANKS so much for this. I was just about to start with Zeta :)

BrandAid1138
04-14-2010, 06:37 PM
no prob...just pisses me off that i didn't look on this site before i did that dlc. now i have go through it again to pick up the archives!!! suck.

Ozbaab
04-14-2010, 11:45 PM
Yea I can't imagine myself playing all over again if I would have missed it..

Anyways I cleared Zeta now and it took me..

*drumroll*

6 ingame hours! Yes, SIX. :D

jgahagan
04-15-2010, 11:52 AM
6 ingame hours! Yes, SIX. :D

Damn! Mind you, it took me about that on my most recent playthrough as well. Just soaking in the atmosphere (literally) and getting the last captive recording whittles away the hours!

Ozbaab
04-15-2010, 01:07 PM
Yea the recording collecting took alof of time.
Also, I played with the prima guide beside me and I followed it, picking up the kind of hidden perk and the special weapons.

All in all, a VERY good DLC!

jgahagan
04-15-2010, 01:44 PM
My only quarrel with Mothership Zeta is that you are unable to go to the other parts of the ship once you have completed it. Of course, it makes sense in terms of the storyline but still, it would have been a better reason to go back once you've done it.

Ozbaab
04-16-2010, 11:54 AM
Yes indeed, that would have been nice :)