PDA

View Full Version : The Return of Harry Potter?

Nozza XBA
04-14-2010, 08:25 AM
J.K Rowling hints n a sequel in 10 years time.

UK, April 13, 2010 - J.K. Rowling (http://uk.stars.ign.com/objects/912/912207.html) has been discussing the possibility of future Harry Potter (http://uk.stars.ign.com/objects/963/963825.html) instalments, with the author hinting that she may not be done with the boy wizard just yet.

The Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/04/05/AR2010040504162.html) reports that at the recent White House Easter Egg Roll, Rowling was asked about writing another Potter adventure and replied that while she has no plans to do so just yet, she could see herself sitting down to pen one "maybe 10 years from now."

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/108/1083356/harry-potter-20100413033552196.jpgA scene from Part 1 of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (http://uk.movies.ign.com/objects/872/872926.html), the seventh and supposedly final book in the series, was published in 2007 and is set to hit screens in two parts, the first this November and the second in July 2011.

So would you like to read further tales of 'The Boy Who Lived', or do you think Rowling should leave well enough alone?

[Source] (http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/108/1083356p1.html)

B1GM13
04-14-2010, 09:26 AM
i put this one in the books section ;)

Nozza XBA
04-14-2010, 09:38 AM
i put this one in the books section ;)

I realised that after I posted it. Was in the movies section and HP atm is all about the movies I forgot it was a book for a split second.. O well. If anything does happen another movie will be realeased.

DevilMaster18
04-15-2010, 11:45 AM
If i remember correctly the next HP is in 2 instalments, 1st part then the end part.

I can't see the return of HP after these 2 as he dies. Well technically dies... But most importantly even if it does wouldn't he be too old? I think he's 20 now, and after the 2 instalments he'll be probably 24+ and i don't think HP in the books are that old lol

Schryke
04-15-2010, 04:03 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if she did revisit the Potter world someday; it's insanely popular so people will buy anything related to it, and it's made her a metric butt-load of money.

If i remember correctly the next HP is in 2 instalments, 1st part then the end part.

I can't see the return of HP after these 2 as he dies. Well technically dies... But most importantly even if it does wouldn't he be too old? I think he's 20 now, and after the 2 instalments he'll be probably 24+ and i don't think HP in the books are that old lol

well if she did another book 10 years from now, it'd probably be set 10 years later for Harry too, she did a good job of keeping the time line consistent with the real world.

DevilMaster18
04-15-2010, 05:02 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if she did revisit the Potter world someday; it's insanely popular so people will buy anything related to it, and it's made her a metric butt-load of money.

well if she did another book 10 years from now, it'd probably be set 10 years later for Harry too, she did a good job of keeping the time line consistent with the real world.

Yep, very well said. Good ol' HP, i remember i was still in secondary school when i went to see HP on the big screen. How time has flied... Anywho, you think she'll bring in another look-a-like Daniel Radcliffe to replace, well... Daniel Radcliffe? lol.

I'm surprised HP is doing so well consistantly, unlike Spiderman, when i saw the third sequel i was like... Wow... This is terrible, emo-spiderman...

Kaiyo
04-17-2010, 02:50 AM
It bring her more cash... likely.

GreaseMonkeyGB
04-17-2010, 07:39 PM
Well i still need to get round to watching Chamber of Secrets, Prisoner of Azkaban, Goblet of Fire, Order of the Phoenix and the Half Blood Prince. So, maybe in ten years i would have got time to watch them and be up-to-date :p

Iconoclast
04-19-2010, 05:58 AM
*sniff* I smell a desperate attempt at re-opening a cash flow we all thought had been closed forever; the worst part is, it'll totally work. Even if she writes a book about Harry as an 40 year old leper with syphilis and a boring desk job, she'll still make billions off it. I can't say I'm entirely surprised. I was actually surprised she didn't stretch out the last book over several more, I thought for sure she would have had a lot more to write about after Harry left Hogwarts. I can't say I'm a huge fan of the movies, but I did rather enjoy reading the books...and while I was a bit disappointed that the Deathly Hallows was the end, I can't say I wouldn't be a little bit excited about the prospect of a follow-up.

HarperBird
04-19-2010, 01:55 PM
Harry Potter Movies/Books suck!!

She probably making another book when her funds dry up but she is a billionare so why bother in other news she is a massive cash cow!

DarthSoth
04-19-2010, 03:40 PM
It was only a matter of time. She is far too young togive up on HP completley and to make anyone believe that she would NEVER right another Potter book.

Good, I rather enjoyed the books. Be pretty cool to see some new threat emerge for an older Harry to contend with. And you just know that it will sell a ridiculous ammount of copies when it is first released.

JJ UK
04-20-2010, 11:03 AM
We don't need more books, she is rich enough already

DarthSoth
04-20-2010, 03:36 PM
We don't need more books, she is rich enough already

I really doubt that if she were to do another HP book that it would have anything to do with money. She is set for life already and beyond loaded. Her last HP thing [tales of Beedle the bard] was for charity. If she goes back to Potter then it will be about going back to the characters and the story, that is a good thing. Cause if it's about the money then I'd rather she stayed away.

KFZ Scrubs
04-21-2010, 12:45 AM
I think that she should just leave Harry potter where it's at.... it was left off in a good spot. If not, oh well, i hope whatever she writes is good enough to not tarnish the series.
She'd probably be writing about Harry's later years. What would be nice... is if she i one in the future where Harry Potter would make an appearance as an Auror or something when he's older.

DeaconsGTG
04-24-2010, 03:30 AM
I'll admit there was a point (like, immediately after I put down the last book) where I wanted there to be more. But after some time away I'm really happy with where the series ended. Still, as long as it's not brought back to simply make a quick buck, I'd definitely read more. :p