PDA

View Full Version : after resonance of fate?

Mr Spekulatius
04-14-2010, 08:31 AM
when im done with the game which rpg game thing shall i play?
i was thinking about star ocean, but im not sure.. o:

SpinelesS
04-14-2010, 10:23 AM
Star Ocean is a great game, but the achievements in it are hell. Only play this game if you dont care about achievements, or you can stand days (weeks even) of boredom just to get them.

Since you dont have your gamercard, I cant check to see what you have played and suggest something you havent...

If you want to add your gamercard, Click on User CP, then edit your details, then put in your xbox live name under Xbox Live Gamertag

Mr Spekulatius
04-14-2010, 12:44 PM
ah i changed it x D
i was wondering all the time how to do this

SpinelesS
04-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Lets see... Of the games Ive played that you havent (in order from best to worst in my opinion)

Lost Odyssey
Great Game, 1 horrid achievement that you have to collect all treasure to get.

The Last Remnant
Good Game.

Blue Dragon
good game, a little kidsie, but I still enjoyed it.

Magna Carta 2
its decent (combat is "live" and not carried out in a seperate location which is rare for a jrpg)

Star Ocean TLH
As I said, its a good game with horrid Achievements, (prob better than magna carta 2 and blue dragon if you can ignore the achievements)

Eternal Sonata
Was a ok (not great) It has a enemy moves when you do combat system kinda like RoF, but its not as strategic. 100% achievements is gonna take 2 playthroughs, and probably a guide for collectables.

Turkfinn
04-14-2010, 09:19 PM
Yea all the games SpinelesS mentioned are great choices. I'd also add Tales of Vesperia and Infinite Undiscovery. Gameplay wise I enjoyed Tales a lot, even if some of the achievements def require a guide and are a pain in the ass to get.

Infinite Undiscovery isn't my fav. RPG and I'd play one of the above on his list first, but its a decent enough RPG with fun combat.

I say play Lost Odyssey first out of everything (as long as you enjoy old school turn based combat). It's easily one of my favorite RPG's on the 360 right now.

SpinelesS
04-15-2010, 05:13 AM
I say play Lost Odyssey first out of everything (as long as you enjoy old school turn based combat). It's easily one of my favorite RPG's on the 360 right now.

Yeah, and since its been out for a fair while, if you can find a copy it will probably be pretty cheap.

A couple of other games you havent played that I liked...

bioshock 2
prototype
Penny Arcade 1 & 2
The saboteur
Metro 2033
brutal legend

EDIT: then again, since it looks like you played but didnt like Dead Rising, Dragon Age, Bioshock or dead space, we may have different tastes.

Mr Spekulatius
04-15-2010, 07:33 AM
Dead Rising was a fun game but the saving system was just bad, so after hours of walking in the mall i want to save but then "oh no mr bla bla bla getting killed by zombies save him" i think i will wait for the 2nd one.

Dragon Age was good, but later in the game i didnt liked the look of my chara anymore so i started a new game, which was rly boring so i stopped playing it. (maybe i will start again : D)

Bioshock is also a great game, i just started playing it because i got nothing to do that day. im not sure why i didnt continue playing it, i just didnt. x D

And Dead Space is actually one of my fav games i have finished it by a friend, because of that i have such a low G at this game ^^

anyway now to the rpgs:

Lost Odyssey:
Well im not a big fan of this ff battle system :\

The Last Remnant:
Good Game. okay? x D
well i know this game from my brother and i didnt rly liked those big army battles...

Blue Dragon:
i heard from a few friends that it is totally booooring.
i dont know, never played it just heard it.

Magna Carta 2:
Yea that actually sounds interesting, my only question is, are the battles like dragon age, means pressing "A" makes him attack automatically or is it more like you are doing every attack by your own? like Tales of Vesperia?

Star Ocean TLH:
yea nothing to say about i know its good but the achievements are also a pain

Eternal Sonata:
nearly bought it for 10 € or sth a few weeks ago, but then i bought resonance of fate, so i dont know much about this game ^^

Seipherwood
04-15-2010, 02:28 PM
Magna Carta you have to do your own combos and skills, not just press A and let it go, if you press A once, your only gonna attack once then stand there :p

SpinelesS
04-15-2010, 03:23 PM
The Last Remnant:
okay? x D
well i know this game from my brother and i didnt rly liked those big army battles...

Honestly I dont much remember the game, though I got 100% so it must of been okay, (unlike infinite undiscovery, where I stopped playing it after a short period and returned the game)

Dead Rising was a fun game but the saving system was just bad, so after hours of walking in the mall i want to save but then "oh no mr bla bla bla getting killed by zombies save him" i think i will wait for the 2nd one.

Everyone who plays this game should first ignore the story line, and go kill zombies with vehicles in the maintenance tunnels to get the Zombie Genocider kill achievement, then wait out the clock on the roof for the helicopter to complete the game and unlock the real mega blaster. It just makes the game so much more enjoyable.

Blue Dragon:
i heard from a few friends that it is totally booooring.
i dont know, never played it just heard it.

I did take a break from the game for a while once I reached the 3rd disc, but I didnt find the game that boring.

Magna Carta 2:
Yea that actually sounds interesting, my only question is, are the battles like dragon age, means pressing "A" makes him attack automatically or is it more like you are doing every attack by your own? like Tales of Vesperia?

Havent played Tales, there are pressing "A" attacks, that work as a sort of "charge" for your combo attacks (are other ways to charge) But the best feature of the combat is the Overbreak attacks (you have stamina, but when you run out, you enter overdrive, where you do more damage, but enter a stunned status when the combo ends, If you then switch to another character and reach stunned status with them before a set time, you both regain all your stamina) while the strategy behind it isnt as great as the battle system in Resonance of Fate, its better than a simple hit it until its dead system.

Eternal Sonata:
nearly bought it for 10 € or sth a few weeks ago, but then i bought resonance of fate, so i dont know much about this game ^^

It is a little different (The setting is a dream world created in the final hours of the composers Chopin's life) and it has an edutainment feel to it, (The Chopin stuff is interesting but the end credits really shove the green propaganda down your throat) but its not too bad :)