PDA

View Full Version : Well I've been suspended...

matthotlips
04-14-2010, 01:16 PM
Basically Ive been suspended from Xbox Live for having inappropriate bio etc (they were quotes from Jimmy Carr - Joke Technician). I was wondering if I get achievements while not connected to xbox live, will they count towards my GS when I get back on, or would I have to do them again?

andami
04-14-2010, 01:20 PM
Yes, all achievements gained offline still count towards your total gamerscore.

matthotlips
04-14-2010, 01:24 PM
Yes, all achievements gained offline still count towards your total gamerscore.

thanking you

Mister Buds
04-14-2010, 01:27 PM
don't recover or move your account before reconnecting to xbox live though or those achievements will be gone forever.

Kamakazi Pear
04-14-2010, 01:28 PM
Yes, you can gain achievements online. Just make sure you don't recover your GT to another xbox before reconnecting to LIVE, as that will wipe the achieves you gained offline.
Aslong as you stick to the same xbox, then it's fine.

Wolfgg
04-14-2010, 01:31 PM
why are their so many topics on this issue, it's not that hard to keep your profile clean, granted the OP isn't complaining, but the fact that this happens to people when it's so easy to prevent it makes me feel like they need to up the ante and ban for a couple of weeks on first offense, cause people aren't connecting the dots.

Wolfgg
04-14-2010, 01:51 PM
It'd help if you read the actual thread before moaning at someone.

He wasn't complaining for being suspended, merely asking if he could still gain achievements whilst playing offline.

it'd help if you read my post, the part where I acknowledge that the OP isn't complaining.

Kamakazi Pear
04-14-2010, 01:57 PM
it'd help if you read my post, the part where I acknowledge that the OP isn't complaining.

I know, my bad. I read it just before posting, but x360a froze and I couldn't stop it posting.

matthotlips
04-14-2010, 02:44 PM
why are their so many topics on this issue, it's not that hard to keep your profile clean, granted the OP isn't complaining, but the fact that this happens to people when it's so easy to prevent it makes me feel like they need to up the ante and ban for a couple of weeks on first offense, cause people aren't connecting the dots.

well I didnt think my bio was offensive etc or I would of deleted it, but as a result of somebody complaining they dealt with it. I am aware that people are being suspended etc but obviously the content was deemed to be offensive or whatever.

A ZombieTwinkie
04-14-2010, 03:57 PM
well I didnt think my bio was offensive etc or I would of deleted it, but as a result of somebody complaining they dealt with it. I am aware that people are being suspended etc but obviously the content was deemed to be offensive or whatever.

That's what I thought when I got banned a few weeks ago. I had 'Nintendo B4 Hos' in my profile for over a year before it got flagged. Though I think Microsoft finally realized I was mentioning Nintendo and decided to give me a very short ban.

MachineZed
04-14-2010, 09:51 PM
That's what I thought when I got banned a few weeks ago. I had 'Nintendo B4 Hos' in my profile for over a year before it got flagged. Though I think Microsoft finally realized I was mentioning Nintendo and decided to give me a very short ban.
Yes because Nintendo is a reference to street walking ladies of the night, who charge people for sex.

Madfrog0
04-15-2010, 12:51 AM
what was the quotes? lol

veece16
04-15-2010, 12:54 AM
what was the quotes? lol

The OP has it quoted on his profile, like he said in his original post.

Just stick to the same 360 and you'll be fine.

Sampson
04-15-2010, 02:16 AM
What??? Jimmy Carr is a genius. Have you ever seen him on the show QI?

A ZombieTwinkie
04-15-2010, 03:53 AM
Yes because Nintendo is a reference to street walking ladies of the night, who charge people for sex.

I was being sarcastic. I know exactly why I was banned.