PDA

View Full Version : What do you think in's store for Infinity Ward?

Nozza XBA
04-14-2010, 03:56 PM
After all the News we've seen & read over the past months of Lawsuits been thrown around and more mojor roles leaving IW, what do you think will happen in the near future?

Personally I dont think its the end of IW but its a major blow to the company. I feel it may also backlash to Activision and M$. I still think CoD etc will be made by them but I feel MW3 (if that is it) will be IWs last without the class team behind them that made MW/2 (not so much 2 imo, but good game none the less). We dont know all the in's/outs of why this is happening other than the Jason/Vince stuff.. Are people realising IW are actually bad employers and jumping ship? To much pressure for the next CoD installment or is over things like they dont agree with IW/Act/M$ policies and money grabbing?

I think the new company Respawn Entertainment has a bright future ahead of them with Jason & Vince behnid the seat and I look forward to what they will produce in the future! Maybe some of the other 9 IW quitters will join them...? Who knows?

Just incase you've been living under a rock;

Ex-Infinity Ward studio heads, Jason West and Vince Zampella have filed a lawsuit against Activision for substantial unreceived royalties that were due to be paid weeks before they were fired on March 1st (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../news/news-4515-Rumour--Activision-Remove-Senior-Infinity-Ward-Staff-For--Insubordination-.html).
"Activision has refused to honor the terms of its agreements and is intentionally flouting the fundamental public policy of this State (California) that employers must pay their employees what they have rightfully earned," said their attorney Robert Schwartz.
"Instead of thanking, lauding, or just plain paying Jason and Vince for giving Activision the most successful entertainment product ever offered to the public, last month Activision hired lawyers to conduct a pretextual 'investigation' into unstated and unsubstantiated charges of 'insubordination' and 'breach of fiduciary duty,' which then became the grounds for their termination on Monday, March 1st," Schwartz added.
West and Zampella expressed their shock at having their contracts with Activision terminated, with West stating, "We poured our heart and soul into that company, building not only a world class development studio, but assembling a team we've been proud to work with for nearly a decade. We think the work we've done speaks for itself."
Zampella echoed West's sentiments, saying, "After all we have given to Activision, we shouldn't have to sue to get paid."
Infinity Ward is still working on forthcoming DLC for Modern Warfare 2, while West and Zampella are seeking to regain control over the Modern Warfare brand.
"The suit was filed to vindicate the rights of West and Zampella to be paid the compensation they have earned, as well as the contractual rights Activision granted to West and Zampella to control Modern Warfare-branded games."
Newly-formed Activision studio Sledgehammer was yesterday announced as the developer on a new Call of Duty title - an action-adventure game (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../news/news-4523-Sledgehammer-Confirmed-as-Developer-on-New-Call-of-Duty-For-2011-%5BUpdated%5D.html),while Infinity Ward is apparently still "central to Call of Duty's future." (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../news/news-4527-Infinity-Ward-Still--Central-to-Call-of-Duty-s-Future-.html)
Expect to hear more on this as the plot continues to unfoldFollowing the firing of Infinity Ward founders (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../news/news-4545-West-and-Zampella-Declare-War-Against-Activision.html) and former studio heads Jason West and Vince Zampella, no fewer than nine employees have now left the Modern Warfare 2 developer.
With two key players - Lead Designer, Todd Alderson and Lead Software Engineer, Francesco Gigliotti - leaving at the beginning of the month (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../news/news-4816-Infinity-Ward-Lose-Two-More-Key-Staff-Members.html), seven more have since followed suit over the ensuing weeks, taking the current tally up to nine.
Three Infinity Ward devs left the company yesterday, all of which were also key team members. Senior Animator Bruce Ferriz left to join Big Red Button Entertainment in Santa Monica while experienced programmer Jon Shiring and Lead Designer Mackey McCandlish also quit the company separately.
Today, another four staff members have joined the wave of walkouts. Steve Fukuda, Zied Reike, programmer Rayme Vinson and lead artist Chris Cherubini.
Since being dismissed from Infinity Ward, West and Zampella have formed Respawn Entertainment (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../news/news-4863-Ex-Infinity-Ward-Duo-West-and-Zampella-Announce-Respawn-At-EA.html) with EA and their lawsuit against Activision (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../news/news-4867-Infinity-Ward-Delaying-Work-on-Modern-Warfare-3-Due-to-Lawsuit.html) is still ongoing.

xKnight21x
04-15-2010, 01:31 AM
Bankruptcy hopefully.....keep them away from game design.....lol

Nice sig btw...

Law
04-15-2010, 02:50 AM
Depends on how many more resign. A lot of their main player have resigned and I see a few more leaving. I don't think they will be making anything near the caliber of CoD4/MW2 anytime soon.

Its a good thing really, they had so many limitations working for Activision. With Respawn Entertainments new deal at EA they have creative freedom. Hopefully CoD dies off as Treyarch and whoever else they put on it wont be able to create the type of games IW made (Unless they copy & paste like they did WaW). FPS games should not be pushed out every year, it will be the death of CoD.

R Rated Love
04-15-2010, 03:05 AM
I feel it may also backlash to Activision and M$.

I love how people here refer to Microsoft as if they're some mischievous scamming company, when in situations such as this, they have absolutely no association with the topic at hand, let alone one that infers them being stingy. Classy move.

Something like this would have as much backlash directed at Microsoft as would be directed Sony and Nintendo. (Which, of course, I'd imagine is as close to none as one can get)

Fullmetalx07
04-15-2010, 03:06 AM
IW is no longer they company they once were, they all going to leave and maybe go the new form respwan studios to so they can make Medal of Honor:Modern Warfare 3 lol

domn8rdom
04-15-2010, 03:09 AM
Hopefully CoD dies off as Treyarch and whoever else they put on it wont be able to create the type of games IW made (Unless they copy & paste like they did WaW).

Treyarch copied and pasted WaW?? haha have you ever played Cod 3? if they copied and pasted, then they did a fucking incredible job!

People always flame Treyarch...WHY? becuz after Cod 4, the expectations were so high for WaW so you people were disappointed when it came out just dont confuse disappointment with a terrible game. WaW wasnt a terrible game! Yes it had flaws but what game doesnt?

BlackTitan666
04-15-2010, 03:27 AM
Modern Warfare 3
Modern Warfare 4
Modern Warfare 5
future Warfare 1
future Warfare 2:)

Fullmetalx07
04-15-2010, 03:33 AM
Modern Warfare 3
Modern Warfare 4
Modern Warfare 5
future Warfare 1
future Warfare 2:)

yea, with actvision this can happened, but I feel like they going to just release cod games that are muitiplayer only and have no single player, because a lot people brought MW2 for the MP

dillon
04-15-2010, 04:52 AM
Treyarch copied and pasted WaW?? haha have you ever played Cod 3? if they copied and pasted, then they did a fucking incredible job!

People always flame Treyarch...WHY? becuz after Cod 4, the expectations were so high for WaW so you people were disappointed when it came out just dont confuse disappointment with a terrible game. WaW wasnt a terrible game! Yes it had flaws but what game doesnt?

Yes, perfect way to put it. No matter what, a sequel to a game is 99.9% not going to be better than the first. Look at Bioshock, the first one was so original that everyone loved it. When Bioshock 2 came out it wasn't that popular because we had already played a Bioshock.

Same thing with COD4, it was one of the first GOOD FPS's on the 360, then when WaW came out all the retarded IW fanboy's thought that it was the same exact game, yet when Modern Warfare 2 comes out the IW fanboy's think it's a completely different game. I expect this to happen with the new Treyarch game too. It will probably be another great game in this series ruined by fanboy's.

BooseyGirl
04-15-2010, 06:06 AM
It's fine with me, I'm getting sick and tired of IW.

Too much bullshenanigans and repeat games for my liking. Granted I enjoy the Campaign's but I've had enough of it already, personally.

Dee Zee
04-15-2010, 06:13 AM
I'm really hoping they do go bankrupt. I prefer games made by Treyarch anyways, please don't flame me for saying that!

R Rated Love
04-15-2010, 06:40 AM
Yes, perfect way to put it. No matter what, a sequel to a game is 99.9% not going to be better than the first. Look at Bioshock, the first one was so original that everyone loved it. When Bioshock 2 came out it wasn't that popular because we had already played a Bioshock.

Same thing with COD4, it was one of the first GOOD FPS's on the 360, then when WaW came out all the retarded IW fanboy's thought that it was the same exact game, yet when Modern Warfare 2 comes out the IW fanboy's think it's a completely different game. I expect this to happen with the new Treyarch game too. It will probably be another great game in this series ruined by fanboy's.

I've gotta say, for someone trying to make a point, you do a spectacular job contradicting yourself.

Nozza XBA
04-15-2010, 08:13 AM
Bankruptcy hopefully.....keep them away from game design.....lol

Nice sig btw...

Lol straight to the point.. fairplay =P

Thanks! I've done 4 versions of SC sigs for people lol

I love how people here refer to Microsoft as if they're some mischievous scamming company, when in situations such as this, they have absolutely no association with the topic at hand, let alone one that infers them being stingy. Classy move.

Something like this would have as much backlash directed at Microsoft as would be directed Sony and Nintendo. (Which, of course, I'd imagine is as close to none as one can get)

I said that more to the fact the Micro have the final say (I think) on the price of DLC. You saw the backlash about how much it was, so maybe people at IW dont like how things are run by MS in that way and dont think its right to take advantage of there cosumers when a great game was made.

Even when a company has a chance they will but look at other examples - WaW DLC was less and you got more out of it and same goes for Fallout 3 DLC's.. all were cheaper.. So why should of this one been higher?

This is true.. I like to look at it like the Final Fantasy series.. Everyone LOVES FFVII and say it was great and when FFVIII came out peple liked it but said it wasnt as good as 7.. I personally think it was just as good if not better! People get so caught up in one thing nothing else matters sometimes.

Iv AJay vI
04-15-2010, 11:29 AM
I think they need to just hang it up. I'm really tired of hearing about these games. Call of Duty is slowly becoming the new Rock Band/Guitar Hero..

Nozza XBA
04-15-2010, 11:36 AM
I think they need to just hang it up. I'm really tired of hearing about these games. Call of Duty is slowly becoming the new Rock Band/Guitar Hero..

True but RB aint half as bad as both GH/CoD. Were coming up to the 7th CoD game and God knows how many different GH games there are + all the spin-offs! Its Activision thats killing these good franchises and putting so much pressure on people to make them better they're not realising what their doing to the games.

vampire-san
04-15-2010, 11:46 AM
yea, with actvision this can happened, but I feel like they going to just release cod games that are muitiplayer only and have no single player, because a lot people brought MW2 for the MP

I fear this also might happen I do love the MP and do admit I played that before the Story but it wouldn't feel right without the story line.

Also I wouldn't feel right buying MW3 if it didn't have the same people who made MW1 and 2 and I just feel like it wouldn't live up to the name

Darf Spud
04-15-2010, 11:46 AM
Its Activision thats killing these good franchises and putting so much pressure no people to make them better they're not realising what their doing to the games.

:whs
The only games that really need a yearly update are sports games like FIFA, PES and Madden. It would be best if CoD came out every couple of years, because multiplayer can last for years (I think that MW2 will still be played when the new Xbox comes out).

vampire-san
04-15-2010, 12:01 PM
:whs
The only games that really need a yearly update are sports games like FIFA, PES and Madden. It would be best if CoD came out every couple of years, because multiplayer can last for years (I think that MW2 will still be played when the new Xbox comes out).

^ good point there I know a few people who still play CoD4 ...new xbox what is this?

Nozza XBA
04-15-2010, 02:25 PM
...new xbox what is this?

There isnt one and probably wont be until at least 2015/16 I'd say. The 360 got a long life line.

vampire-san
04-15-2010, 05:45 PM
There isnt one and probably wont be until at least 2015/16 I'd say. The 360 got a long life line.

lol I was gunna say XD

MachineZed
04-15-2010, 06:28 PM
I said that more to the fact the Micro have the final say (I think) on the price of DLC. You saw the backlash about how much it was, so maybe people at IW dont like how things are run by MS in that way and dont think its right to take advantage of there cosumers when a great game was made.

Even when a company has a chance they will but look at other examples - WaW DLC was less and you got more out of it and same goes for Fallout 3 DLC's.. all were cheaper.. So why should of this one been higher?

So you say Mircosoft has a say in what price IW charges for the map pack to be on PSN at the end of the month when it gets there? Or when it gets to PC?

You can look at the price of the DLC for Fallout 3 and see the same price across the 3 systems. Same with the Map Pack for WAW. We can look at the exclusive titles like Halo, Gears of War, or L4D and think maybe MS did have a say in the price, and in the case of the last one they sure did.

KwH x Fatality
04-15-2010, 06:38 PM
Hopefully they will all leave and join Respawn and make some good games that don't get a new yearly game.

MasterKingz
04-15-2010, 08:47 PM
Armaggeddon.

Tgisme
04-16-2010, 05:33 AM
Time for them to call it a day I think.

funman
04-16-2010, 07:31 AM
It's fine with me, I'm getting sick and tired of IW.

Too much bullshenanigans and repeat games for my liking. Granted I enjoy the Campaign's but I've had enough of it already, personally.

Ok I hope you know that it is not IW that is keeping COD going, its Activision that tells IW what games they want! The producer calls the shots not the developer! And as IW is "owned" by Activision, they say what is done and not done!

Tufty
04-16-2010, 07:35 AM
I really don't give a shit about Infinity Ward, I just hope that Treyarch is there to continue the franchise. Call of Duty was better when it was World War II.

litepink
04-16-2010, 08:06 AM
Honestly? I think they will make a Modern Warfare 3 which will be a blast to play, sell very well (probably can't live up to MW2 though) and people will flame the hell out of it.

I LOVE Modern Warfare 2. Not quite as much as COD 4 but I still would like to get to 10th prestige in MW2 before returning back to COD 4. They both are great fun to me.

But boy, I am sick of hearing this MW2 bickering! Complaining about Multiplayer, perks, noob tubes, guns, servers, DLC maps, DLC price, lag, kids, community EVERYTHING. SHUT UPPPPP!!! AHHHH. Not everyone has to love MW2, but calling it "the worst game ever" or an "epic fail", yet checking these peoples played games MW2 was last.
Confusing...

Eternal
04-16-2010, 08:56 AM
Treyarch will definitely live up to expectations and CoD: Black Ops will be a better game than MW2 in every respect. Hell, they've already announced dedicated servers for PC gamers. World at War wasn't that bad either, at least it had local search from when it was released.

elephantd
04-16-2010, 09:01 AM
IW is not IW anymore, many people are leaving I wouldn't be surpised if they changed the name of the stuido.

Activison fucked up.

I really don't like Modern Warefare or COD online, I only played it with my friends. All of this won't matter ethier because Gears 3 is going to be the best yet.:P

GR4V1G0R3
04-16-2010, 09:19 AM
i think IW may well bite the dust soon, or at least the IW we know of.

personally i never thought either MW was that great, overhyped, mediocre irritation i think i would call it (MP is good though, if only they didnt pump so many millions into casting they may be able to pay their own staff)

i dont imagine it will be too long til the big A decides to close it, saying its making a loss, while they try and recover their sanity after bathing in cash for 4 years

i think the gaming community spent too long hating EA and what they had done to the industry, all the while activision were sapping out it's lifeforce and consuming all they came in contact with

rant over......
think i did a pretty good job of keeping the obscenities out of that, every other word i thought of would get me a warning, so this took a while to type :D

iKiddo
04-16-2010, 09:35 AM
IW is not IW anymore, many people are leaving I wouldn't be surpised if they changed the name of the stuido.

Activison fucked up.

I really don't like Modern Warefare or COD online, I only played it with my friends. All of this won't matter ethier because Gears 3 is going to be the best yet.:P

The name is what sells it.

sak7395
04-16-2010, 09:44 AM
Iw won't make a popular game again and now people will play other titles coming out

k2345
04-16-2010, 09:49 AM
IW has a too much negative publicity / walkouts they are DEAD :eek:

Madfrog0
04-16-2010, 05:46 PM
So IW lost out on the MW name and rights? why?