PDA

View Full Version : Hi All, Mature Gamer Here ;)

DirkGently68
04-14-2010, 07:36 PM
Hello everyone,

A quick introduction.

As a 41 year old I like to think of myself as normal, then I realised I've got an XBOX360, PS3, Wii, PS2, XBOX, PSP and 3 PC's one of which is a dedicated gaming machine, I've also owned an Atari 2600, 3 ZX Spectrums, an Amstrad CPC, Dragon, Oric, Atari ST, Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari 800XL, Acorn Electron and probably quite a few more I've forgotten about.

So this means I've been gaming for around 28 years or so! Which makes it all the more sad that I'm not very good at it.

However the XBOX360 was my latest purchase and I've become quite addicted to achieving GS, which is what brought me to this excellent site and community, hopefully being here will get me extra GS and also some new friends :)

And I'm sure there must be a few people on here who are older than me, I hope so anyway!

DeekBoy
04-14-2010, 07:51 PM
WELCOME to the site. this place has doubled my GS since i joined so it will help you out for sure. have a great stay

Lady Greaver
04-14-2010, 09:27 PM
Welcome to x360a.

Infection Ftw
04-14-2010, 09:47 PM
You are never to old to be a gamer:) And achievements can be an addiction again. Although I am sort of addicted to them I have my limits. And as long as gaming doesn't control your life then there is nothing wrong with it. Can I ask which games you currently own for the 360 and PS3?

Kamakazi Pear
04-14-2010, 11:18 PM
Welcome to x360a buddy. :)

This site is brilliant, hope you get as much use out of it as I have.

Exhausted Dad
04-14-2010, 11:29 PM
There are quite a few older gamers here. I'll be 35 in July,:eek: where does all the time go, playing games I guess.
Welcome to the site, I'm sure you will love it. Hit me up with a FR if you want @ gamertag DDI0994

SabreOscar
04-15-2010, 12:33 AM
Age aint nothing but a number but I sure am glad to see someone older then me here =) Im only 28 but I feel old when playing with some of these young guys.

BooseyGirl
04-15-2010, 06:16 AM
Never too old to be a gamer and age really is just a number, my mom's still the reigning queen on Pacman where I grew up and she's 43. Not one person in over 30 years has beaten her score yet.

You actually named quite a few consoles I myself own, all handed down from my mom, the original gamer in the family. So what's your poison on Xbox right now? lol

DirkGently68
04-15-2010, 06:18 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

To answer a couple of questions as far as the PS3 goes I only have the GT5 Prologue and Little Big Planet, it was bought primarily as a Blu-Ray player and for GT5 which I'm still waiting for :(

Games I own on the XBOX are in no particular order Brutal Legend, Sacred 2, Scene It LCA, Scene It BOS, Infinite Undiscovery, FIFA09, PES2009, Forza 3, Dragon Age, Fable 2, Fallout 3, Oblivion, Lost Odyssey, Last Remnant, Mass Effect, RB 1, 2 & Beatles, GH Aerosmith, World Tour & Metallica. Also have Braid, TrialsHD and Magic The Gathering Arcade downloads (I actually won Braid playing 1 vs 100).

As you can see I like RPGs and I buy a lot of older (cheaper) games.

Currently I'm playing Final Fantasy XIII which I've borrowed from a friend and I'm quite badly addicted to TrialsHD, such a simple game, but I can't seem to stop playing once I've started.