PDA

View Full Version : Epic ongoing songs

X King Damian X
04-14-2010, 10:35 PM
Everyone knows about Metallica's Unforgiven I,II,and III, how they are kind of similar and ongoing (not really)

I was wondering if anybody knew of any bands that have since their very first album, have had an ongoing song on each album.
eg, album 1 - Song name I
album 2 - Song name II, etc
and these songs on each album tell an ongoing epic story
the rest of the album would be normal like any other band,
anyways, i hope that was clear enough :woop:

hopesfall2win
04-14-2010, 11:22 PM
Pretty much anything by La Dispute..their whole album "Somewhere at the Bottom of the River Between Vega & Altair" is one continuous story..

YouTube- La dispute - fall down and never get back up again. With lyrics

Teh BeZ
04-14-2010, 11:26 PM
The Early Novembers newest album, the 3rd disc is one ongoing story that obviously sounds different but it just one story - pretty cool!

Neverender
04-14-2010, 11:57 PM
Coheed and Cambria's entire discography tells a story. Other than that, Dream Theater has a couple of similar things:

Twelve-Step Suite (About the drummer's alcoholism)-
1. The Glass Prison (from Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence, 2002)
i. Reflection
ii. Restoration
iii. Revelation
2.This Dying Soul (from Train of Thought, 2003)
iv. Reflections of Reality
v. Release
3.The Root of All Evil (from Octavarium, 2005)
vi. Ready
vii. Remove
4. Repentance (from Systematic Chaos, 2007)
viii. Regret
ix. Restitution
5. The Shattered Fortress (from Black Clouds and Sliver Linings, 2009)
x. Restraint
xi. Receive
xii. Responsible

Then they have the Metropolis thing (It's a song from one album, then an entire different album that tell a story) and "A Mind Beside Itself" (continuous song divided into different tracks)

Burning Karma
04-15-2010, 01:20 AM
There's also "Hangar 18" (off of Rust in Peace) and "Return to Hangar" (off of The World Needs a Hero) from Megadeth.

Pootcrum
04-15-2010, 01:24 AM
The album Obsolete by Fear Factory tells one story, which is also depicted in the cover through lyrics and pics.

Also, not exactly what you mean, but Jethro Tulls Thick As A Brick is about 40 minutes long and one complete song (although I'm sure it wasn't recorded as so).

Schism
04-15-2010, 01:58 AM
The Mars Volta- "De-Loused in the Comatorium" album and the "Frances The Mute" album both have stories...ummmm......damn i cant think of any more >__< none come to mind right now.

NathAttack
04-15-2010, 02:24 AM
Aw, someone already got the AA saga from Dream Theater, that was going to be what I said. It's amazing to listen to from start to finish.

X King Damian X
04-15-2010, 07:00 AM
Wow, thanks for the replys guys, im definately gonna check out the Dream Theatre songs, thats exactly what i was thinking of, does anyone know any others, where they have 1 song on each of their albums, without fail, that over their career tells an ongoing story, im surprised more bands dont do that :)

Volzagia
04-15-2010, 07:03 AM
YouTube- Pantera - Suicide Note (Part 1 & 2)

Schism
04-17-2010, 02:06 AM
i cant believe i forgot the Ghostship parts >___< The fall of troy...all the ghostship parts

Chapter I: Introverting Dimensions
Chapter II: A Strange Conversation
Chapter III: Nostalgic Mannerisms
Chapter IV: Enter the Black Demon
Chapter V: The Walls Bled Lust

best ones...

YouTube- Ghostship Part IV by The Fall Of Troy

YouTube- Chapter V: The Walls Bled Lust (ft. Nick of Tera Melos) - The Fall of Troy

Melynda
04-17-2010, 02:26 AM
i cant believe i forgot the Ghostship parts >___< The fall of troy...all the ghostship parts

Chapter I: Introverting Dimensions
Chapter II: A Strange Conversation
Chapter III: Nostalgic Mannerisms
Chapter IV: Enter the Black Demon
Chapter V: The Walls Bled Lust

best ones...

YouTube- Ghostship Part IV by The Fall Of Troy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKhgH1uFrME)

YouTube- Chapter V: The Walls Bled Lust (ft. Nick of Tera Melos) - The Fall of Troy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VA-vOPf4qY)

Damnn crazy