PDA

View Full Version : All Weapons Upgraded Achievement

Durdens Wrath
04-15-2010, 02:51 AM
So, what if you have the shotgun from gamestop and you've upgraded that.

How does that and the other weapons you unlock factor into the achievement?

belaraphon
04-15-2010, 03:36 AM
i am going out on a thinking that any promotional weapons or equipment will not need to be upgraded or purchased to complete the achievement. I bought camo for all of outfits and received the achievement even though there is some promotional gear available.

i hope this helps!

Tyger7
04-15-2010, 03:40 AM
I think he was more worried about not getting the achievement. The weapons can still be upgrading, so he's wondering if he upgrades a weapon that was promotional, will that ruin his chances of getting the achievement because there is a limited number of points to spend.

TheDeceiver35
04-15-2010, 03:58 AM
Ive only gotten about 2/3 of the points available so far and am just finishing the last couple of weapons, so you will have some extra from what i can tell.

Durdens Wrath
04-15-2010, 04:20 AM
I think he was more worried about not getting the achievement. The weapons can still be upgrading, so he's wondering if he upgrades a weapon that was promotional, will that ruin his chances of getting the achievement because there is a limited number of points to spend.

Exactly so. So far it's just the shotty, since everything else I think is just an early unlock. Maybe just a specific number of points need to be spent in each category and since I've upgraded a shotty, that counts.

Tyger7
04-15-2010, 04:27 AM
The UPLAY Scar can be obtained without spending the UPLAY points ?

Durdens Wrath
04-15-2010, 04:30 AM
The UPLAY Scar can be obtained without spending the UPLAY points ?

Well not that one.

So what was the glitch for spending points and using the dashboard?

And here's another question. Will they be adding more PEC points? Or giving away free points? Because if they keep adding things through DLC, (I'm not sure though) is there enough points to be able to upgrade everything? Or are there MORE than enough?

Ive only gotten about 2/3 of the points available so far and am just finishing the last couple of weapons, so you will have some extra from what i can tell.I wonder how much extra since the uniforms are 900 a piece to upgrade.

piwo4me
04-15-2010, 04:52 AM
I can confirm that you do not need to upgrade the SPAS-12(silenced shotty from gamestop) for the Weapons Expert achievement. Just got the achievement.

For the achievement you need to fully upgrade

Pistols -
MK.23
MP-446
Desert Eagle
P228
Five-Seven
USP .45

Machine Pistols -
Skorpion
SR-2M

SMG's -
MP5-N
MP5-SD3
AKS-74U
UMP-45

Assult Rifles -
AK-47
M468
G36C
SC3000

Shotgun -
M-500

Points needed to upgrade all weapons needed for achievement -
16750 (closest I can figure)

As far as the silenced shotty (SPAS-12 from gamestop) you don't need to upgrade for the achievement to pop, you also do not need to upgrade the SCAR (from UPlay). Also the SPAS-12 and the SCAR are not necessary for the Weapons Collector achievement.

On a side note some how I have the MP7A1 in my extra guns not sure how. Was in the Exclusive Content area and saw it was available in the list so I unlocked it. The MP7A1 is also not needed for either the Weapons Collector or Expert achievement.

KingSigy
04-15-2010, 05:05 AM
The MP7 was made for download just today. That is how you have it in your collection, but it's an extra.

Durdens Wrath
04-15-2010, 05:08 AM
I can confirm that you do not need to upgrade the SPAS-12(silenced shotty from gamestop) for the Weapons Expert achievement. Just got the achievement.

For the achievement you need to fully upgrade

Pistols -
MK.23
MP-446
Desert Eagle
P228
Five-Seven
USP .45

Machine Pistols -
Skorpion
SR-2M

SMG's -
MP5-N
MP5-SD3
AKS-74U
UMP-45

Assult Rifles -
AK-47
M468
G36C
SC3000

Shotgun -
M-500

Points needed to upgrade all weapons needed for achievement -
16750 (closest I can figure)

As far as the silenced shotty (SPAS-12 from gamestop) you don't need to upgrade for the achievement to pop, you also do not need to upgrade the SCAR (from UPlay). Also the SPAS-12 and the SCAR are not necessary for the Weapons Collector achievement.

On a side note some how I have the MP7A1 in my extra guns not sure how. Was in the Exclusive Content area and saw it was available in the list so I unlocked it. The MP7A1 is also not needed for either the Weapons Collector or Expert achievement. That wasn't really my problem. I'd already upgraded the SPAS-12 and the MP7A1 because they were silenced. What I'm really worried about is running out of points before I upgrade everything. Bascially screwing myself out of the achievement because I didn't know any better, nor do I have a way to "reset" my points spending, or to start over.

So I just started worrying because I started upgrading before I knew that I "might" have too few points available.

piwo4me
04-15-2010, 05:50 AM
Oh well as far as I can figure it is going to take around 27000 (give or take a little) PEC points to upgrade everything and own and upgrade all uniforms. So you should be alright.

KirbyTheAlmighty
04-15-2010, 07:44 AM
Oh well as far as I can figure it is going to take around 27000 (give or take a little) PEC points to upgrade everything and own and upgrade all uniforms. So you should be alright.
This is true. After buying all Weapon (including the Silenced Spas-12) upgrades, Gadget upgrades, and Camo Variants for the outfits and then adding the points I need for the rest of the outfit upgrades, I will have around 10,000 points left when I get them all.

Durdens Wrath
04-15-2010, 12:39 PM
This is true. After buying all Weapon (including the Silenced Spas-12) upgrades, Gadget upgrades, and Camo Variants for the outfits and then adding the points I need for the rest of the outfit upgrades, I will have around 10,000 points left when I get them all.

Whew. Thank god. Thanks guys.

Chuck Chaplin
04-18-2010, 10:55 PM
oh nice so i can stop being stingy with my points. thanks guys

iBeatStuffUp
04-18-2010, 11:48 PM
Was it foolish to think that the game wouldn't screw you over like that? I didn't even think about this when spending points, the only reason why I don't spend all my points when I get them is because I think I'll unlock a cooler weapon on which I'd like to spend my points.

xI MrBubbles Ix
04-19-2010, 01:57 AM
They will have known about uplay weapons etc when figuring out the point system I think you can get a total of 88,000 points ? ( don't quote me on it ) but I'm sure last time I checked It said 17,000 / 88,000

IGzxManiiac
04-19-2010, 02:47 AM
Try 38,000 not 88,000 lol, still by the fact that it only costs 27,000 PEC points to upgrade everything and with weapons on average taking anything from 900 to 1600 PEC points that still leaves atleast another 10 or so DLC items before you run out unless they increase the PEC maximum.

xI MrBubbles Ix
04-19-2010, 03:00 AM
Lol I was just about to post back it's 38,000 not 88,000 lol I was half asleep last time I played :p